Is that it? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! WTH WAS THAT!?!?!

What do you want them to do? The same thing they’ve done 50 times before? It’s opinions like this that cause video game designers to never do anything creative or outside of the box.

I don’t know - put some effort into the content they release, and therefore encourage people to continue playing?

2 Likes

I’m struggling to come up with a more forgettable final raid boss in the entire game.

Arthas big man way more memorable then final fantasy villain save sephiroth imo

Not really, Emet-Selch is on part with Arthas and are equivalent imo. But to each their own, Arthas/LK was great. So was Emet-Selch.

2 Likes

But Emet-Selch isn’t a villain :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I haven’t done the raid and don’t intend to but I did watch Asmon’s stream when they ran it and I must say the title of this thread is exactly what I yelled at the monitor after that cinematic played.

2 Likes

So you imagine the last raid will involve fighting the remaining 3 incarnates in succession or at once in the final encounter. It sounds like it has potential, but I wonder if it’d become convoluted.

FFXIV has the advantage of the long-term storytelling they’ve used, at least for the MSQ fights. Their 24-mans are pretty much fodder bosses that get by because of nostalgia (the exception being the Void Ark raids because those were largely original).

WoW’s only attempt at long-term storytelling was the threat of the Burning Legion. They haven’t really tried to establish something like this. I have a hard time seeing the incarnates take up this role, because they’re not subtle and manipulative, which is how FFXIV’s Ascians operated. Fyrrak, Iridikron and Vyranoth don’t seem like the type that know how to play the long game without being noticed or remaining out of reach, which I think are staples of long-term villains.

1 Like

Congratulations on realizing that Activision Blizzard has no soul to modern WoW but fear not. There is a silver lining in this miasma of poison that has just infested the story and the Pve side of the game, come to the PvP side of things, there’s still socializing, Can actually have some fun, and guess what you avoid all the BS of the Pve side, and i’m willing to bet i haven’t looked yet, but you can find actual chill guilds compared to what’s going on in the Pve side of things, Aaaand we have Cookies :slight_smile:
I’ll even let you pet my tail if that’s your sort of thing ya know :slight_smile:
Seriously though i’d cancel my Sub rn if the PvP wasn’t Good and there’s still a resemblance of the MMO that it’s supposed to be.

1 Like

from Toddy Whisker, to this cinematic, I don’t know what’s going on with Blizzard?

Where was the excitement of doing a raid like WotLK, MoP or Legion, until BfA had a decent cinematic no matter if you talk about N’Zoth or Azhara, that was cinematic, not a TBC or Vanilla Raid boss like Illidan and C’thun and his last dialogue turns it into a cinematic.

Does he want to go back to 9.1, or did Sylvanas steal his soul to be exciting Raids cinematics? Do you want DF to become Shadowlands again? because it still hasn’t come out of the shadow of a lousy expansion, and worse, that false honeymoon of 10.0 that is marked as a good expansion will not feed them all the time.

1 Like

Emet-Selch was such a well done character.

Certainly wasn’t a villain, but we had to defeat him because he was trying to save/preserve his race’s existence.

1 Like

But the thing was the last raid boss, it should have a good cinematic, something that represents the future of the next patch.

This is like when you killed Illidan or C’thun in Vanilla or TBC, only there was no cinematic, it gave a last dialogue before the loot, now that last dialogue is a cinematic, so much for nothing, meaningless and going backwards, we are at the 2023, what kind of raid is that? A raid boss ending in Vanilla, TBC and the beginning of WotLK was already a thing of the past for retail, even that was exciting.

Here is the retail, those things were for the classic servers, I don’t know what’s happening but it’s a disappointment, and it was the only hope that is being lost in this 10.1, and it seems that the future of this expansion is cloudy and darker Go ahead until we wait for the next expansion.

1 Like

You’re missing a ton of context if you think it’s a bad cutscene.

It’s short, but it didn’t need to be any longer to prove its point.

1 Like

Honestly, Emet was such a well done character. He wasn’t a bad guy for the sake of being a bad guy. It just happened that to save his people he had to kill ours and it made me feel sorry for him. :cry:

1 Like

I mean hes literally looking out to the void and speaking to it so pretty lore heavy down the line

Aberrus is just a plot device. Easy skip patch if story is a selling point to you.

He was certainly the most likeable of all the Ascians.

True, the skepticism is warranted, but i do feel this patch’s story was less dependent of the raid itself and it was more about the zone. So I am optimistic.

Do we really want to go back to old Molten Core where Fire Mages were completely useless because most mobs were immune to fire damage? :thinking:

3 Likes

I mean. I still audibly went “Who?” when I heard who the final boss of the raid was.

Filler arc my doods.

LMAO.