Is that it? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! WTH WAS THAT!?!?!

That has to be the WORST RAID ENDING CINEMATIC I HAVE EVER SEEN!. I have almost no words. I don’t even know how to describe accurately how terrible and short it was. But I will give it a go.

Defeats bad guy
Bad guy spouts short exposition before death
Bad guy dies
Nobody says anything of value or adds anything to the situation
Cinematic ends
Negative feelings ensue

Seriously! Baines BBQ in 10.0.5 was Emmy award winning material compared to this nonsense. How could this pass through TEAMS OF PEOPLE and they all go “yeah bro good job on that end of raid cinematic.” without anyone stopping this travesty from going to the live game…

46 Likes

Wrathion + Sabellion: :neutral_face: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I don’t get why Fyrrak isnt the last boss?

13 Likes

Not surprised considering… wait… this is steve danuser’s baby so can’t criticize it or I’ll get flag bombed again.

40 Likes
10 Likes

It’s not exactly a big lore raid.

9 Likes

Hey, that’s how the jailer ended.

36 Likes

JAILORBERG!!!
/twitches

4 Likes

Called It :rofl:

8 Likes

Why the hell not tho? that had a lot of potential :\

1 Like

Didnt they admit to an overarching idea but open to change as time goes?

In other words, we know

1 Like

ngl afrosalami made me chuckle but yeah, dude needs to go write for scholastic or something… Nothing saving his writing except the few loud folks who like dragons and collecting cosmetics that think it’s rude to criticize someone from blizzard.

Metzen, and the old guard wrote miles better than Steve.

26 Likes

The added comical very long breathes and sighs to his death though, so 10/10

8 Likes

The final boss is just a borrowed-power lizard who would get stomped by any of the bosses before him if he wasn’t void-juiced. How much potential could there be? I hope we’re done with the dracthyr, and can move onto villains with more umph.

4 Likes

I think we got a night elven pirate captain next.

So whether ye be Irontide or Bloodsail, Defias or Freebooter, all are welcome to sail under the Nightsquall’s flag. Follow him as your new admiral and no navy on Azeroth will have a prayer against us!

It all starts with the Dragon Isles. Plunder its secrets in the name o’ Dread Admiral Nightsquall, and from there, the world is ours for the takin’!

1 Like

Yeah… we pretty much mauled the guy every time we encountered him only for him to run away. Not really screaming raid boss status.

1 Like

/Looks at Artha’s scene and back at you.

… I mean, isn’t that every raid ending or most?..

Okay i looked at the raid ending cinematic here and… It’s fine actually. Nothing too offensive or amazing here.
Though, i’m glad their leaning on these animated ingame cutscenes this time around. I love one of those. :slight_smile:

Well that was uncalled for. :grinning:

3 Likes

I found it amusing that Blizzard did do cutscenes with raids considering how few (compared to the player base as a whole) would see it and then just esc or tab out on repeated runs.

1 Like

Ya’ll expecting a 5min realistic rendering for a side character.

1 Like

Honestly, the less of those, the better personally, those scenes are just jarring if their not the intro to this game.

Unless they make a TV show or Movie with those graphics of coarse.

I know, hot take. But when it comes to cutscenes from Blizzard, i’m rarely impressed by them these days.

2 Likes

You realize the story isn’t over, right? Emberthal didn’t even go in because she didn’t want to get wrapped up in all this vengeance and corruption. Sabellian and Wrathion are still there trying to figure out who is actually going to step up and lead the flight. Sarkareth was basically just a trouble-maker whose only purpose was to be yet another example for all of them of the dangers of the crap Neltharion was doing.

They almost always put a < show me what happened > prompt in a questline somewhere with stuff like this. Meaning the only people who won’t see it are people who just…don’t quest at all.

3 Likes