Is that it? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! WTH WAS THAT!?!?!

The important word here is “should”. When it comes to story delivery I don’t trust them anymore. With all middle patches in the last expansions we got some proper cinematics in the raids as conclusion plus setup what’s to come. In this raid it’s missing, so in theory we should get another lengthy cinematic, but I doubt it.

Dragonflight overall has been a much smaller scale and more character driven narrative. This mid raid being focused on our protagonists and the legacy they are set to inherit is exactly what was needed.

Edit: I also think people aren’t expecting 4 raids this expansion but it’s a genuine possibility, we got 4.5 in BFA after all.

Is there a pair of eyes in the reflection looking back in the very end or am I just seeing things?

Less story that requires people to raid, the better IMO.

But that style these days clash with the style of the game and it just looks pretty jarring and inconsistent, artstyle speaking. It would be like if GTA* suddenly has one live action cutscene in it’s entire game. Like… “okay lol? What’s with that? I’m confused.”

* Post GTA 2.

What would having these hyperealistic CGI cutscenes or pre-rendered change that in any meaningful way here exactly? You would still have the same issues, just now rendered at 30fps with compression and at a higher budget.

Btw, mind not using hyperbole like “Marvel movie-tier”?.. because i don’t know what you mean by that.

They don’t look stiff to me. They look exactly like the pre-rendered cinematics with the ingame models. Just again, without the compression and such.

I never said WoW never has good cutscenes. I’m simply saying how they go about making cutscenes (technical side, not acting, story, action, etc) is pretty much outdated, and given how their moving to animated ingame cutscenes instead of pre-rendering it, i think that tells that Blizzard wants to improve on that.

This cutscene just looks okay tbh. Nothing insulting about it.

Oh no, WoW will join every single game that has an in-engine animated cutscenes. The horror of how we can’t experience the “Cinematic” compression of AVI files, because they know their a video game. /s

People have been praising the heck out of the art team of WoW and even want them to make a movie/tv show with Warcraft for quite a long time. I don’t think they will miss THAT Badly. Even their low points is often overlooked since the overall picture (no pun intended) looks good enough. It helps that they have a recognizable art style.

Tbh, i blame that decision on the fact that it went the route of going live action, which is often the mistake for so many video games, tv shows, anime and so on. Like, just animate it. It would look SO much better. There’s a reason why the recent Super Mario Bro’s movie worked, and the one in 1993 bombed.

There’s a difference between constructive criticism and unconstructive criticism. And so far, the overreaction to what i consider a mid cutscene so far, is just moderately leaning to nonconstructive side here. Which doesn’t do much to improve the game either.

And i say this as somebody who disagrees with disingenuous positivity because they dislike criticism. Which isn’t constructive either as well.

i’m out of sub time and Blizzard didn’t tell me this before hand on the launcher, (Yet allows me to edit existing comments, … okay) currently taking a break.

To respond quickly and paraphrase:

1. Art Cohesion is a thing.
  2. Graphics don’t necessarily improve shots.
  3. I was talking about the inengine stuff and how they don’t look stiff to me.
  4. Shadowlands and Dragonflight improved on inengine stuff, even though their oddly selective on which characters to give the advanced animations to.
  5. …Really? You’re picking a game where a final fanasty princess making out with a cartoon hedge hog as your basis for better cinematic team? …O… kay then. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
  6. I’m not talking fidelity, i’m talking about the art style that held the test of time.
  7. Cartoon Network has Samurai Jack. To imply Cartoon Network is lowly is silly, because bad shows don’t erase the good ones before or atfer.
  8. Animation looks better and can be better utilized for adapting materials like video games and etc.
  9. Mario is a popular and easy example to use to demonstrate what works and what doesn’t.
  10. Everybody wants this game to be good. Nobody wants it to suck. I personally think it needs improvements, despite i think it’s fine for what it is.

Anyways, take care as i go do something for the next 10 days or more before i resub.

In all honesty, this just feels like instead of trying to do a big reveal, they are doing smaller additions to the story. Leave more to mystery.

To be fair, we have all been there, laughing at the really good cinematics that were epic, over the top, and rule of cool, but fell flat later.

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

They would objectively be better as ingame animated cutscenes at 60fps though. …For when they use the ingame models.

I understand that it would be very taxing and costly to pre-render a hyperealistic scene out in 60fps, so, i’m fine with those being pre-rendered at 30 fps, since their meant to be graphical trailer hype fluff anyways.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…

I find it kind of …meh, tbh. Like… how many games we have that are “super duper, hyper holy crap feels so real” realistic that just look like the same game, only then to look off in a couple of years?

It’s what i like about WoW’s art style. It doesn’t put realism first and only. It has an iconic art style that stood to the test of time. You take an Orc out of this game even, and people will go “Oh, it’s an orc from World of Warcraft, That’s World of Warcraft”.

The zoom meeting was stuttering and the ice in the drinks was melting.

I think it was fine for what it was. Aberrus was a side-quest, something to tackle and distract us while the incarnates continue to do what they do unimpeded for a little bit longer.

It was also a place for Sarkareth, Sebellian, Wrathion, Emberthal, and Ebyssian to all resolve their daddy issues. Each getting their own lesson on dealing with it.
Sarkareth never moves on, and is obsessed with legacy until his death which shows him it was all for naught.
Sebellian and Wrathion get to see where such desperation to be “the heir of Netharian” leaves them. Even the conversations that occur between the characters and Netharian’s echo was great at each raid boss as you can see the opinions towards their father shift when getting to interact with the next closest thing to him.

Plot twist.

The Lich King in WotLK was pre school level story telling.

Stop being so overly dramatic.

Danuser is one of the most criticized people on the forums. You know full well you are more than welcome to criticize him and be ok.

Sheesh.

2 Likes

Oh I dont doubt it … Meant more of a jab at the writing and how blue fart bubble really ruined arthas and it is something i cant unsee lol

And always time indeed… I commend your optimism !

Just want to see how people defending the current story handle this one.

:popcorn:

3 Likes

It wasnt amazing by any stretch but yeah it was a bit underwhelming.

soon people will learn and see that this games story has been down the can for many, many years and should not expect any less. the same purple haired rat lovers are the same ones making this terrible fanfiction of a story.

4 Likes

Pretty easily, this is the scene in the movie where the hero has to divert their attention from the big bad to handle the bomb they set up elsewhere. Now that thats been defused, we can refocus our attention to the incarnates, starting with Fyrrak who we might handle by 10.1.5/10.1.7.

Hopefully in a 1 boss raid.

I miss those.

What?

I’m saying the hyperreal cinematics, while they have the same issues, take advantage of the new realistic style.

Lowest common denominator, rushed, thoughtless, artless slop entertainment.

I am talking about how all the cinematics are stiff. I am literally talking about the non-realistic pre-rendered and in-engine cinematics.

I hope they improve soon because all I’m seeing is the same garbage we’ve been getting since BC.
Also, I never claimed you said that there were good cutscenes.

Okay, but the pre-rendered cutscenes at least look better. Sonic games had them beat in 2006 lmfao.

Like, a good chunk of people only praise the art team so much because WoW is the ONLY game they play. This game looks GREAT… if the Xbox 360 was the latest console…

I see so many issues with the creature design that I took up a project of redesigning everything myself.

But yeah, for WoW quality and style, a Cartoon Network level TV show would be best…

I AGREE, BUT GET AN ACTUAL ANIMATION STUDIO TO DO IT LOL
Seriously, Hearhstone’s original trailer looks better than what crap the WoW team pedals out.

Didn’t see it and I’m never going to. It would probably bore me to death since I’ve never touched any mario media in my entire life aside from CDI memes.

I don’t care. I really don’t. I just want this game to be good. This is a multibillion-dollar company but they run their game like they are still indie. It is atrocious.
I have been so fed up after so many years and I’m so glad I finally unsubbed in April.

Fx ur gaym, blzzrd

I disagree with your assessment of the condition of the game. Im enjoying it all so far. But yeah, you can expect the kiddies to abuse the flag in here, using it for a downvote cuz they cant handle being disagreed with.
Flag abuse needs to be a bannable offense. Literally trolling the moderators and wasting their time.

1 Like

It is funny you say this because this game is basically for little babies now lol

its a video game. its for the child in all of us. All games are. lol