Is that it? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! WTH WAS THAT!?!?!

Like the Legion opening cinematic? Yeah, that was great. It set the tone.

These raid boss cinematics don’t need to set the tone. It should answer some questions and lead into future plots. And that’s exactly what it did. :slight_smile:

Save the next expensive cinematic for something huge and “Warcraft”-y.

2 Likes

No, i’m talking about the times in BFA where it suddenly switches from PS2 looking graphics to suddenly Lord of the Rings looking. Like the fight between “Good Cantoloupe” … Crap, what’s his name?.. I was going to meme him, but i forgot, lol. And Sylvanas. Saurfang, there we go.

Like… i’m sorry, i know everybody loves this and all but… I kind of … don’t like them, stylisticly speaking? Like, they look they came from a completely different francise then what i’m familiar with. I get why they did it back in late 2000’s when computer tech is pretty far behind of even a PS1, but at some point, it gets very jarring.

4 Likes

Ah, you mean when their new tech was kicking in.

That’s what happens. You get cinematic-quality models and game-quality models.

Also, WoW’s art is very stylized. Some people think FF14 graphics look good, then you realize they installed a dozen different shaders.

But I’ll disagree on the cinematics being poor. Pre-rendered cinematics have always been great. Hyper-realism is an awesome look in a fantasy setting. And the painted cinematics are very stylish. The in-game cutscenes have gotten way better overall too.

I’m just not gonna throw any shade at the art team.

That i can agree with. I just think it’s a bit of a shame whenever it jarringly switches like that.

Speaking on the graphics without the shaders on FF14, i quite like them in an old school Xbox 360, first game sort of way. Has a bit of nostalgia feel to it, like you know, the grass is just painted still, the rocks are low poly, the people look weird and off-putting sometimes despite being the HD version (since now we have better tech), the overuse of bloom and HDR, and if it’s not a fantasy game, it’s a brown/gray filter for 99% of the game. :slight_smile:

With that said, FF14’s Anti-aliasing is an outrage against nature. :grimacing: /h

…Wasn’t he the one that also made story elements and etc that people didn’t like, like hitting Garrosh with a villian bat?.. And how Thrall because actual green jesus?.. Or Blood Elf Paladins?

Metzen = Green Jeebus

He will save WoW writing.

…and if not, I fear how bad the writing will get.

1 Like

He isn’t part of writing sadly atm…

And before you get to it…

Arthas cannot be saved at this point :cloud_with_lightning::cloud:
:pleading_face:

5 Likes

Literally, the only ‘good’ cutscenes are the hyperrealistic CGI trailer ones and that is it lol.

No, not because “muh realism” but because, for the style, they are just conducted way better. Even so, hyperrealism can be dull, but at least everything is animated properly given the style…

Like damn, can we get actual interesting shots and not Marvel movie-tier garbage. The characters are also slightly cartoony, so why not play into that? Why do they always have to be so STIFF?

Despite WoW never having a good cutscene really, this latest one is just INSULTING. It isn’t even pre-rendered…

Oh hell nah… WoW at best would be on the same level as a Cartoon Network 3D show (i.e. Sonic Boom).

And if we’re talking about realism stuff, the Warcraft movie was pretty terrible, even visuals-wise.

I know overall here I sound negative but understand that I expect much more from a MASSIVE COMPANY. I don’t understand why people cry when WoW gets criticism. It is like they actively want the game to be worse.

1 Like

It seems they’re shifting towards telling the story over the patch as a whole rather than it basically ending with the raid, so it’s actually not too surprising that they’re simplifying the ending scenes of raid. I think a little more than what we got would have been better though.

2 Likes

Yeah if only the story and writing was good LOL

1 Like

He totally can… There’s plenty of tropes to use, even if some are hokey.

There’s still time.

3 Likes

Being made a blue fart was only a setback!

I’d…take that. But ngl, at this point I’d take the long shot fan fic fave of Hogger now the world destroyer returns though.

Or jaina dreadlord reveal, finally.

1 Like

Do we really need an elaborate 5 minute cutscene for a mid level bad guy hardly anyone knows let alone cares about?

Save the outrage for if they give the final boss of the expansion the “Draenor is free!” treatment.

Same way they released this half-finished cutscene in Shadowlands…

Which was followed by a fan’s remake of it…

5 Likes

Doesnt even need to specifically be about him. it could also have Void entities, old mate Neltharion, Primalists, Galakrond etc… anything more than that crap >.>

The Jailer’s death was Emmy Material compared to Sarkareth lol.

Because hes being saved for something else, possibly fighting all 3 at once. Or perhaps they learned not to introduce a new big bad villain then kill him off next patch like garbage. Perhaps they are finally learning from FFXIV writing to NOT THROW AWAY BAD GUYS like candy to fill in the patch. This is why FFXIV’s villains are memorable, and wow’s are not.

We must not have been watching the same cutscene, this one was absolutely 10/10 amazing, it’s one of the funniest cutscenes in the game. I laughed so hard when Sarkareth mentioned how the thing he was doing that was obviously bad was bad and then just died, I’m actually chuckling a little just remembering it, this is my type of humor and they absolutely nailed it

Best part of the whole chapter. Supply drak says they have some incendiary devices that could help.

looks at the djaradin stand near lava while playing with fire

Really? Reeaalllyyyy?

4 Likes

At least the jailer had a finished cinematic and not a work-in-progress cut-scene

IMO? Lorewise this raid isn’t the narrative climax of the patch, and it didn’t felt like it at any point.

We’re just dealing with a sadly misguided lizard and two brothers beholding their father’s corrupted legacy.

The final campaign chapter should actually bring some resolution IMO.