Is RMT, GDKP, and Gold Buying banned yet?

Hi,

just curious if the game is still a swipe fest.

Edit: The answer is yes, still a swipe fest.

EDIT EDIT: LLMMAAOOO RIP BOZO Yall just got DUNKED on :rofl:

25 Likes

Is there RMT, GDKP and Gold Buying? Yes. Is the game in a state where it can’t be played? Depends on who you ask and what server they play on, but the short answer is no.

Nope, it’s a swipe fest.

10 Likes

RMT and gold buying is banned.

GDKP is legal.

6 Likes

Never going to happen.

RMT is banned, most people are not happy with blizzard’s enforcement though.

GDKP’s are explicitly allowed and have nothing to do with RMT.

And the game has never been a swipe fest so the answer is no it’s not.

11 Likes

When will you guys find a new bogeyman to complain about?

6 Likes

Is RMT, exploiting, botting, hacking, bullying, GDKP and killing puppies banned yet?

1 Like

It’s probably still a swipe fest if you play with RMTers. I think people tend to notice what they surround themselves with.

:woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yeah figured as much, thanks.

Maybe Classic SoD + Classic they will finally get a grip and ban this stuff.

(Doubt)

2 Likes

Reporting you for false reporting

5 Likes

What a load of rubbish, people pay for GDKP with bought gold.

And what’s funnier is that some GDKP runners have been banned for receiving bought gold.

15 Likes

No they haven’t

4 Likes

Someone did get banned but within 9 hours they had their ban reversed. There’s a thread on the CS forum about it.

Blizzard has some kind of automation that’s banning people for receiving and accepting gold from gold sellers (why they aren’t banning the gold sellers I don’t understand), and apparently this GDKP used a gold seller to disperse the gold from the run (seemingly a clever tactic for gold sellers to try to mask their RMT but apparently not above Blizzard’s detection).

1 Like

I have been doing gdkps for 5 years on all the classic versions, my guild runs literally 1 of the largest gdkp discords and I haven’t heard of anyone being actioned who didn’t buy gold.

4 Likes
1 Like

Oh I believed you.

Just I haven’t seen this or heard about it in the last 5 years.

2 Likes

Its been like this since the game came out bro, it isn’t ever going to be fixed.

Did my first GDKP last lockout. Was an incredibly chill affair where the highest item went for 56g and the entire pot was 222g. So I made 20g after the host took his 10% cut.

Ngl, it really wasn’t for me. Sure, it was the smoothest run of BFD I’d ever done, but it was also completely silent. Missed the janky, funny guild runs where we mess around in discord that I’ve been doing, so I’ll be going back to doing that going forward.

Still, the experience did confirm what I already expected. Not every GDKP is RMT-funded. In fact, I suspect most aren’t.

This entire thread is rather idiotic tbh. Asking if RMT and Gold Buying (which are the same thing to begin with) are banned, when they’ve literally always been against the rules and thus cheating. Then asking again for GDKP to be banned like it’s somehow the root of all evil.

Just wow forum things I guess. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

People buy gold to use the AH, should we ban that too? This argument is dumb.