Is Paladin hard to learn in Classic?

I guess I’m not familiar with how gear was in phase 1.

I just remember T0 and T1 being the hybrid set that wasn’t good for anything.

T2 was for the Shockadins. (Cause raw spellpower)

T2.5 was for the Ret Paladins. (Cause Spellpower + Melee stats)

T3 was the Holy Set.

But if you wanted to straight up heal then you used non-set pieces because the budgets are more focused rather than the splatterings of Str/Agi on our early tier.

If you wanted to DPS then you got the DPS non-set pieces because you didn’t want your budget wasted on Spirit/Int. You got around the Spirit/Int issue through egregious mana pot/Dark Rune usage.

Get comfy with autoattacks.

Bananadin set has its very niche use for Loatheb depending on its proc rate so I would hold onto it still.

Phase 1 hasn’t started yet.

T0, the upgraded dungeon set, had spell damage and healing while T1 does not. T1 only has healing.

Int is an important stat for every paladin spec especially one where Judgement was a lot of the damage a paladin did and was a % of base mana to cast.

???

You don’t just auto-attack. Anyone who says that has no idea how to play the class. You judge on cooldown although there isn’t much besides casting judgment and refreshing seals afterward. In dungeons you’ll cast consecration on packs, but not while questing since it requires too much mana. On undead/demon mobs you can use exorcism as well.

As healing you raid heal most fights. You don’t just heal the tank. Again, people not knowing how to play the class.

Lawbringer is typically called the banana shoulders set. Banana + paladin = bananadin would be my guess.

1 Like

It’s still faster to judge on CD. The difference in dps is pretty big. Also, longer to kill = taking more damage = more down time (eating/healing, which requires mana). It isn’t close.

Its no worth specing in Holy even if you level and quest with a friend hunter? So only respec to Holy when your going to raid?

anticipation gives you only +10 Defense in Vanilla - hardly going to make you crit immune

whereas Redoubt + Reckoning are quite literally free dmg back to your targets without having to spend any resources on - or for regenning mana/health with seal of light/wisdom

So from what you guys are saying i should have a easy time with them, ive played Warrior in BC so i was using the stance dance and i played Druid in Wotlk.

Every class is easy to learn in Vanilla. Having said that, most vanilla paladins play it with like 50% efficiency. Most Paladin healers are bad and so on. Some people are a lot better at it than others.

Healing certain dungeons can be problematic with only single target heals. Raid healing is pretty brain dead (although, again, some people are much better at it than others), but having only single target heals in dungeons will require that you always heal the correct target and make good decisions in the moment. There is some skill involved.

Okay lad here’s what you do! I got ye!

Go ret, check out a lvling spec for it if you want exacts but I will say MUST HAVES are anything that increases dmg, Seal of Command, (cant rem name) one increases your run speed, and crit ones.

Now ye get BIG slow 2handers once you’re 20, try to do your lvl 20 paladin quest YOU WILL NEED GRPS/HELP for it. It gives a mace that’ll last you till your 30s. You want weapon speed as close to 3.8 while using seal of command!

Once you are 48 go prot/holy hybrid, 10 into holy for consecration the rest building into prot so you can aoe farm!

Around 55+ I’d prob go holy if you want to dungeon farm to get used to healing and collect pre-raid healing gear!

GL!!

1 Like

Well main reason i wanted to play Paladin is that i want to try something new and the paladin Set are pretty cool. Also free mount and i like to heal, i had alot of fun with my priest on retail healing in PVP.

Very true. My irl friend was top holy pally healer in world during ICC.

So basically auto attack as others have said. It’s a semi joke but basically true.

You have ONE attack and ONE active skill as a Pally unless you go 31 points into Holy for Shock. It’s pure tedium but it’s worth it because I think Pally is fun in group content later on.

That’s pretty much how vanilla is. You spam the same ability although with paladin there is a 6 second (I think) cooldown on judgment.

omg you’ll love paladin in pvp healing!

Strong PVP healer, maybe strongest!

Also check out the epic mount, amazing.

Get a warrior friend and they’ll LOVE you and your Blessing of Freedom.

10 Sec Baseline and 8 if you take Improved Judgment.

1 Like

I remembered the number 8. Didn’t remember if it was 8 to 6 or 10 or 8. But yeah, classes don’t have many abilities that they use in their basic rotation in general.