Is Melee Hunter going to be removed?

I don’t have an “argument”.

I happen to enjoy playing Melee Survival Hunter. If you want yet another ranged hunter spec, ask for one rather then demanding that the melee version be removed.

I never even argued about MSV being removed or even SV in general. Your answer was “Is there another melee spec that has a pet” which I told you yes Unholy also has those same requirements.

Two melee pet classes can exist, but it a fact that there are two not just one.

2 Likes

I never said there was just one. I said that I play my Unholy DK as a Melee Caster (ie necromancer).

In other words, playing a caster that has melee attacks is not the equivalent of “another melee pet class”.

But sure, let’s qualify it even more…

Is there another Martial Melee pet class where I can wear chain mail and wield a halberd?

Is there a spec that focuses primarily on augmented shots, arrows and projectiles, while also at the same time enhancing hunter traps?

There used to be one…

9 Likes

Please give back ranged Survival as a 4th spec. Name it “Munitions” or something.

Yeah but you can still use that on the other two ranged specs on hunter. If you completely remove melee, then that removes all the melee weapons the hunters have proudly collected or built up for the class-spec. Like I said too, there’s still the mage tower variant of what I’d imagine many would like to keep.

No problem there if survival becomes a spearthrowing ranged spec.

Indeed, I posted something very similar a while back.

I play my hunter as Survival because it’s what I enjoy the most out of the 3. I think it is a great spec, that will get even better in 9.2 - so long as they dont completely butcher the tier set bonus when they inevitably nerf it.

I also think it deserves more consideration in play, people look over it far too easily for --insert whatever reason floats your boat–

I really do think they should just put in a 4th spec for old RSV and iterate on MSV, make wildfire baseline, a bunch of other things to enhance gameplay from a base level.

However, there are a handful of very angry hunters out there who hate the idea of pleasing both parties in this discussion.

You don’t even see this much salt in talks about what they did to old demonology these days

3 Likes

Nice post and couldn’t agree more.

Range Hunters are low skill play but melee survival is a skilled Hunter spec. Its probably why the small group of pro-range hunturds hate it. :wink:

I remember meleeing as bm to save ammo in the outer world. And crafting epic ammos for the raids. It felt bad to run out of ammo so I saved it whenever I could.

I hope they don’t nerf it lol. Let survival shine for a patch. Encourage hunters to step away from ranged if they want. Ranged always has better numbers usually.

1 Like

why would Surv Hunters go away? they’re probably gonna get reworked in the future, but as of 9.2 it’s the year of the spear. :wink:

I would prefer a weaponmaster spec. If SV could be more of that an insipiration of the meme any weapon is a hunter weapon xD.

You can pretend whatever you like when your playing, but Unholy is a melee spec just as is Survival. If you want to say it is a caster with melee attacks then once again Survival has that covered too.

You again asked if there was another melee spec with a pet and want to keep adding new criteria’s just to dismiss what you original asked. If you had asked is there a melee spec that has a pet and wear mail then you would had validity, but now you just look like person that can not except truths. Even others have given the same answer, but you just put your figures in your ears and ignore them as well.

1 Like

melee sv hasn’t been “skilled” since Legion. current SV is not much harder than any other spec in the game. if you’re having trouble though maybe the range specs would be better for you.

4 Likes

You don’t read well do you?

I love Survival and I do just fine. I think melee Survival is one of the best specs that Blizzard has ever created.

I’m not the one struggling to play a melee spec lol.

2 Likes

if you have to tell everyone how much skill your spec takes it usually means you have none

5 Likes

Idk hunters always seems to be better defined with BM and MM only. One uses the pet a lot and the other one is more focused on the weapon.
Survival has always been in a odd spot and continues to be. Old surv would be better resembled as a dark ranger class and the new surv would be better as a skirmish class.

Dude, please, you made a stupid moronic comment and I replied. You didn’t like what I said so now your playing word games.

Also I never proclaimed to be the best but I know I’m not struggling to play a melee spec.

You know I think you need to take couple college courses in reading comprehension 101 it might do you some good.

Have a nice day, smh.

I don’t know when I think of a Hunter I think of companions, bow, spear, axes, traps, stealth, Rangers, Bounty Hunters and so on.

Hunter is such a broad term in my opinion.

Vanilla WOW you could carry a melee weapon with a bow. Melee was a base skill for Hunters originally.

your original comment was stupid and moronic to begin with. hunters dont dislike survival because it’s “skilled” (which it isnt), they dislike it because it removed a spec they spent over a decade playing. the fact that your first post said you would “revolt and quit” if they removed melee means you should understand this.

6 Likes