Is Melee Hunter going to be removed?

But only because you know how to kite and throw bombs, yes? Without the bombs the survival spec would collapse in itself.

You don’t even play it so this is a dumb statement. You are 206 and in MM spec, and have not participated in 9.1 content. Your only participation in Shadowlands is 9.0 LFR and some random BGs. Survival is easy, easier when you don’t actually play it.

2 Likes

Agreed. I’ve said it before, it would be the optimal solution.

1 Like

He’s/she’s the new Toxic(Metroid). Don’t bother wasting your time.

4 Likes

We’re not asking for SV to be removed, but for it to be rolled back to being a ranged spec. Current SV SHOULD have been a new spec.

7 Likes

Basically this, Blizz could have avoided this huge mess by making the melee spec its own thing and left RSV as it was.

They did the same thing with Void Elves, could have just added High Elves, added the Void angle later and avoided that mess.

Notice a pattern, rather than doing what is logical, Blizz prefers to do the worse of the two choices, when it could have easily been avoided.

Yes, because rather then just accept that it’s okay for there to be a melee hunter spec, you want to keep moving the bar as to what that means.

A death knight is not a hunter just because they both have pets and can use a sword.

Except for the fact you asked that, just asked if there was a melee spec with a pet, which you were told Unholy DK, then you started moving the bar.

Didn’t say anything other than melee spec with a pet you got your answer and didn’t want to accept it.

7 Likes

The only thing I’m not accepting is this absurd notion that I should go play a Death Knight… you know, because they are a “melee spec with pets”.

That’s not what I said.

You seem unnecessarily focused on a topic that is irrelevant. “Haha! I caught you in a word game! Now let’s make everyone crazy by arguing over the meaning of words rather than the actual topic!!!”

You need to accept the fact you asked if there were any other melee specs with a pet, we gave you one, now you are moving the bar constantly. Stop trying to move the bar. If you would have asked if there was say a mail wearing class with a pet that uses a 2h fine, but all you asked was for a melee spec with a pet. Nothing more, nothing less.

10 Likes

Does Hunter have any other Melee specs with a pet?

No?

Okay, can we carry on and get back to the topic rather than nitpicking about something that ultimately doesn’t matter?

Thanks.

Never told you go play a Dethknight. Only that there was another option if someone wanted to play a melee pet spec. However, they have different play-styles, so it would come down to what you prefer or looking for.

Hunters only have three specs two range and a melee. Were would another hunter spec go?

Do you understand that you are basically arguing with yourself?

Nope this is all about you.

they removed a redundancy *(3 ranged specs) to make a unique spec. i would think that a unique spec is more likely to hold its slot being the only one.

a 4th spec would have to be the way to go. and we need those healing bullets of life hunters.

1 Like

I’m sure it was so in your head.

= BM, but melee? Sure.

You’d think that, but apparently not.

Agreed. Would be optimal.

4 Likes

As someone who mained a Survival Hunter in WoD and enjoyed how it played and felt different from MM and BM…

rolls up the newspaper

7 Likes

One of three ranged weapon specs = redundant
One of thirteen melee weapon specs = unique

Melee brain in action

9 Likes

“Many will take this the wrong way but Hunters are all dumb dumbs who are too simple-minded to appreciate SV. Few understand.”

- Sincerely: Death Knight main

This is the average melee SV defender.

If you wanted to doom Survival to niche obscurity forever, sure it was a good change.

A stupidly overtuned tier set bonus – one that’s actually currently bugged to be even more stupidly overtuned – does not make melee SV a great spec.

It’s only been in an odd spot since becoming melee. It was fine as a ranged spec.

6 Likes

Unlikely.

More likely to see a full rework of melee SV first. Hope to see this in 10.0

More likely to see a 4th spec for another “ranged bow class”, if it came to that.

The Legion class hall content sort of “locked in” the specs. A switch back to ranged now would invalidate the Legion SV artifact/mage tower/etc. Would be very “inelegant”.