Is m+10 really that easy?

I wish I was that person that could just jump into them. I am a decent tank but always feel I don’t know the paths as well as others. That said, be better than me and get in there and fail and pick yourself up. It’s what I’ll be doing on my tank specs so healers beware! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

I find them pretty challenging. I run with a regular group of friends (never pugs) and we’ve started to clear them. Did a successful Freehold 10 last Tuesday, and a much less successful Waycrest 10 following that.

2 Likes

It comes down to gear followed by knowledge/experience. That’s it. It’s a reason I avoid “harder” difficulty in a pug because you never know what kind of special people you end up with.

1 Like

Swap blooddrinker for the heart strike talent (cant remember the name) and red thirst for bone storm in m+.

Honestly its m po re to do with composition and communication in m+ than anything else.

Also lookup darkmechx on YouTube. He has some really good m+ guides that focus on blood DKs

2 Likes

M+10 isn’t all that difficult, even with affixes.

Well, getting it on time can be a challenge, but from a purely gearing standpoint, you don’t have to clear the key’s timer to get loot…or your weekly box. If you aren’t trying to push the key, then really they aren’t too bad…fail, and just pick up the Bwonsamdi Buff and you are golden.

Naturally, getting it on time gives more loot, but your bread and butter piece is your weekly anyway.

1 Like

It’s absolutely an issue with casual gearing at the moment.
There is a discussion going on over on the following thread about it if you are interested in putting across your views.
There is a Blue post in it so it is potentially being heard.
It’s good to have people’s views from different angles contributing to it.

As to Blockade OP. How are you getting by with it? My guild was in a similar position just the other week.
We finally got Blockade down this past Monday and then extended our raid lock so that we could down Jaina on this Thursday (we didn’t need the gear so why go through the whole raid again lol) and move onto Heroic.

We found Jaina much easier to deal after a brief understanding of the mechanics (and realising where the ice wall is lul) was only 3-4 tries.

I think one of the things that helped us with Blockade was not worrying too much about the boss, or at least not trying to rush it.
It’s almost entirely a mechanics fight, especially in the last phase. As long as you get the adds down you don’t really have to worry about an “enrage”. So we just spent more time focusing the adds and making sure he didn’t get charged up.

Worked well enough to get him down, we just have to work on splitting between boss and adds in a more efficient manner now and hopefully it will be a cinch.

I’ll only bother with guild mates as a pug at 10 can be a toss up and also my M+ score is not good atm. If you can find a bud with a +10 key then just do it for completion for the weekly chest. Good loots awaits (hopefully).
Are they easy? Well that takes into consideration how familiar everyone is with the particular dungeon and the affixes. Experience is king since it can make an otherwise painful run far more manageable. Good luck!

1 Like

I avoid WM like a plague during sanguine.

3 Likes

I have been following that thread, just unfortunate that the title of that thread seems a tad misleading and it’s causing some confusion.

But it’s a pretty civil thread all things considered.

1 Like

Agreed, I think that some people have been having difficulty understanding the title however I believe it apt.

The current gearing system provides so much additional high level loot that a lot of (instanced) casual game modes become largely irrelevant as they no longer provide an increase in rewards. Instead the rewards are greatly lower than that received through other content.

I think a lot of people where taken aback by it by thinking “Another thread about casuals wanting more free gear” when in fact is was completely the opposite, wanting less high-end accessible gear so that the casual content they completed felt more rewarding.

That’s what I thought too until I read what the OP of the thread posted.

However it’s very common for people to reply to threads just based on the title though.

Yep agreed. And a lot of people reacted that way lol. Seems to have calmed a bit though now :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s because you’re on alliance, whats left on alliance are just casuals who pet battle, they still struggle to complete normal BoD, and Horde complain about them getting a heroic piece from AOO. Despite the many pug heroics going out, while alliance has maybe 4-5 any given night.

My advice would be to research your class, run lower keys get into a pull routine you’ll notice these higher groups use addons that pre calculate there paths. Learn all the tips and tricks to negate affixes I know blood dks are very good in m+ just spend some time getting the basics right and you’ll find yourself hitting higher keys In no time. M+ is essentially just being organised and dodging mechanics. Good luck mate

yes! I know it sounds trite, but practice makes perfect. The more you run the dungeons, the more comfortable you will be with both them, and with your class.
also the below advice is spot on. Find people you enjoy running with, and go forward with a “I’d like to make the timer, but it’s no big deal if I don’t” attitude.

it’s NOT the end of the world if you don’t time a dungeon - you can always try again. I run m+ with a lot of different people at a lot of different skill levels, and sometimes a group just isn’t going to time it - but they can still complete it.

Skills are learned by repetition. The more you (and your guildies) do them the better you’ll get at it.

on another note:

I highly suggest you have the raid use weak auras to help people keep track of important mechanics. For example, one that makes it very clear when someone has the Crackling Lightning debuff, or one for Storm’s Wail.

You can find all kinds of options for premade weak auras here:

https://wago.io/weakauras/pve/battle-of-zuldazar/stormwall-blockade

1 Like

alliance is so bad for doing any kind of content
lots of ffxiv type players that squeal at the idea of damage meters and doing mechanics

Very much this.

For those looking to push, download Method Dungeon Tools if you haven’t already, it can make the different between a +1 and a busted key.

Edit: Also on the topic of weakauras, there’s one which allows you to track which of your members still have their interupts. That’ll be pretty helpful as well, considering trash pulls can be considerably more deadly than bosses nowadays, and certain deadly abilities needs to be interupted.

The only one where sanguine seems to be a genuine threat, haha.

one would think you’d have a recent raid history to back that bravado up, but you don’t. Unless, let me guess, it’s on your other account, right?

There are good players and bad players on both factions. Claiming that the entirety of alliance (or any large group of people who have nothing in common other than what faction they play in a video game) is [insert insult here], is just stupid.

1 Like

I guess to sum it up +10 isn’t hard it’s early into this tier people just progress slower. I’d definitely be doing your weekly 10 at least regardless of affixes! Get that juicy loot. I’ve been a healer for years last season I pushed 1800io on my disc priest this season I’ve taken a bit more laidback approach and started tanking. It’s not easy but I watched a few videos on which addons are beneficial and now
I’m timing my 10s 11s 12s pretty easily.

Just be persistent if you see someone that’s good in your group add them you’ll eventually have a network of people and that will also make things a lot easier.