Is m+10 really that easy?

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure FFXIV players pride themselves on doing mechanics, and found workarounds by using external parses.

If you’re going to generalise, at least do it properly.

3 Likes

I play on both sides my horde toons on barthilas and my alliance toons on frostmourne and I can say that there are equal good and bad players on either factions. I don’t think any horde OCE guild has killed mythic Jaina infact the only OCE guild that has is honestly and they’re alliance haha. I like both sides it’s good to change it up every now and then

3 Likes

OCE represent!!!
Yeah, certainly for OCE. Alliance Frostmourne is considered “THE” PvE server for progression. We are a bit backwards like that.

1 Like

It all depends on your group to the mods that are on that week and the dungeon you do.

Something like bursting (after they buffed it to 14% over 4 seconds for no reason) is horrible in dungeons that have a lot of non-elite low health enemies that are killed easily through passive AoE. Like the maggots in waycrest manor as an example. Or Shrine of the Storm with all the little water blobs.

(Also screw Temple of Seth on necrotic. I want to know who’s bright idea was it to put necrotic on the fast respawning trash in the eye part.)

Next week is a very easy week in terms of mods. Teeming and quaking is one of the easiest combos out there.

As a side note, blizzard should swap quaking and bursting around since they buffed bursting. Make bursting a +7 mod and make quaking a +4 mod.

Tol Dagor is just as bad in some places.

Ah yes, Tol Dagor.

Not just sanguine too, first few weeks of BFA where we attempted a +12ish TD with Necrotic and Tyrannical ripped me a new one on the first boss.

I wouldn’t say M+10 is as easy as all that, but there is something to be said for how easy it is to get a m10 clear over a m10 on time, especially with bwondsamdi buff. If you have one good dps, tank, and on the weeks where healing matters healer it isn’t too much tall of an order to push 7-9 keys. On an alt i’ve helped many casual guildies get far enough to get a 10 key, then helped them muscle through the 10 with little regard for timing, it helps me too since it gives me easy gearing for reasonably geared alts.

@OP The difficulty of a +10 key can have very big variations depending on the dungeon/affixes but specially depending on how good the group is and how well they know both the dungeon and the tools and tricks available for their class, having a tank that has a fully planned route and knows exactly what to pull and when, and also makes good-safe pulls is massive help.

As a healer I can tell you that healing a +7 key can be a nightmare sometimes (if the group is bad). And healing a +12 or even +15 can be smooth sail (not always ofc, some dungeons/affixes are difficult even with a good group).

In my opinion the pugging experience gets much better at higher keys (+12 and up) so if you are looking to improve and get there here is my advise:

1. Get Method dungeons tools (MDT) addon and also download recommended routes from RaiderIO or wowhead, specially if you are a tank… It will give you a great start point and you can go from there and adjust things to your liking.
  2. Try to identify good players with the right mentality and add them to your friend list so you can run more in the future.
  3. Use voice coms as much as possible, it helps to smooth out the runs a lot.
2 Likes

Yes it was last season and i’m sure its easier this one.

It depends on group, honestly. A good group with synergy who knows how to work together can make +10’s easy. For example, I run with the same people every weekend. And sometimes throughout the week. And we ensure that we get at least our weekly +10 done, along with some other ones.

My lady always heals. I always Spriest. My buddies (husband / wife combo) always tank / dps respectively. And our 5th spot changes depending on who’s available.

It’s all relative. If someone is regularly doing +15 or higher, a +10 is easy. The same way that a guild progressing through a Mythic raid will think Heroic is easy.

It is a progression curve though. My first +10 took over 2 hours. Now my group can sell a +10 and sometimes 2 chest the dungeon with the buyer afk at the entrance.

its literally bannable to bring them up ingame

I used to be able to run 6’s with my eyes closed, but could not do a 7. Than I went and ran every single dungeon on a 6 and ensured I timed them all, I done this for weeks so I could get better at knowing the dungeon and knowing the affixes.

After some time I was able to run 9’s with my eyes closed doing them 2-3 chested with ease, but still struggle with 10’s, I mean I get them, but I cannot time them, like 2 minutes on some dungeons I may miss the time.

Just gotta keep practicing, finish all dungeons at the level you can do them at and you will get better.

You know what the difficult part about mythic dungeons in general is?

Getting past player walls. If you have a dedicated group of friends to do mythics with than great, if not it maybe harder.

2 Likes

To time 10’s right now is fairly easy depending on whether or not each player in the party pulls their own weight. There are more bad players than good, however, so to minimize my chances of failing a key I use Raider IO and only join or invite based on a high score. Seems elitist but it is what it is. I have a good time winning and if that’s what it takes then so be it. /moo :cow:

Exactly, it’s a byproduct of a wall that’s been built up for a while now in part with the way Blizzard has Mythics set up and player perception.

When Mythics were introduced way back ago, it was talked about being the return of “Heroic Hard” dungeons, which over time has turned into an E-Sport show, and what would seem to be in some ways a replacement to “raid or nothing”.

4 Likes

For me, a +7 is the most fun with just the right amount of difficulty and it rewards 400 ilvl in the weekly chest. I haven’t bothered to look for +10 mostly because I dont have the io for it but also because I probably wouldn’t have much fun in it. Also, you can get decently geared just pugging the first 4 bosses on heroic BoD.

It’s not the gear in the chest that matters. 410 gear is whatever. It is the incredibly large amount of Residuum that is better.

Couple of things to point out.

1. You feel you are but your gear is holding you back? Eh…gear is a crutch to make up for both lack of skill in all roles. Not saying you aren’t capable, but saying you think you are but gear holds you back is a cop out and just pointing that out. I feel like I am capable of flight, but the lack of wings on my back isn’t reflecting it.
  2. M+ isn’t hard from talking to my mates. I don’t do it currently due to life holding me back due to obligations, but watching the routes, discussing with them, it isn’t different than legion really. So once you can push your gear to 10+ requirement you should be able to learn the routes and know what to do, but it isn’t going to be something you can blindly rush through until you outgear it, but then it won’t be a skill factor by then.

A 10 should be doable at the 385ish range, they arent that challenging. It’s stuff like 15’s that really require you to push your ilvl/dps.