Is it weird that I don't think Honor rate needs a buff?

Anyone who thinks honor gain is reasonable right now is completely deluded.

I suspect people just want to keep their gear advantage for the one character they play.

This honor gating only serves to kill off alts and make less players want to PvP. The more casual players won’t do PvP, won’t get into arenas and keep the average rating low because the only people left in arenas are those who are willing to go through the most tedious of grind, leading to a stagnation of rating in the 1500, further ruined by the completely retarded idea of starting rating at 0 and having rating requirements for shoulders and weapons in S1 and S2.

It’s asinine to think there are people who believe the honor grind is anything short of horrifyingly bad.

2 Likes

Tells me you don’t pvp in retail without actually saying it.

Nobody would describe getting and upgrading pvp gear in retail right now as super fast.

If I remember correctly the EOTS “honor for capping a flag” thing actually existed in classic TBC at the start. It led to a degenerate meta where the goal was to cap 1 tower and run the flag for the whole BG instead of going for a win.

4 Likes

It’s really only a grind if you don’t enjoy PvP.

Maybe you should find other things to do.

Uh, drop rates and competition and loot rules usually guarantee most players don’t get their full BiS in a short period of time.

Precisely.

1 Like

No, many people believe that honor rates are fine. It just seems like a lot of people are unhappy with them because of two reasons, 1. vocal minority 2. ten times more likely to leave negative criticism.

Only about 5 percent of the playerbase even visits the forums, much less make posts.

1 Like

Name calling is inappropriate.

Please, do your part in helping to keep the forums civil.

1 Like

I actually do pvp in retail, the 177 item level honor gear is easy to get it. Notice I never said the word “upgrade”. I’m not talking about conquest gear either, I’m talking about classic pvp gear purchased with honor compared to retail pvp gear purchased with honor. The latter is far faster than the other.

1 Like

So you don’t play retail then. Because that base gear is complete garbage. It’s like saying you farmed all the honor to buy the blue PvP rep set during season 4. Which means absolutely nothing as you are way out geared.

It’s mandatory to fully max the honor gear to even remotely think you can maybe win a game in retail. Even at that point you are still at a hiuge disadvantage when facing full conquest geared opponents. Both honor grinds in both games are awful and needs to be updated.

I haven’t played Retail since TBCC launched, but I liked being able to upgrade honor gear and didn’t think the grind was that bad. Maybe because doing BGs a lot is something I would be doing anyway.

I don’t know why you’d ever hold up retail as a positive example of fast/rewarding gearing.

As you well know even the fully upgraded honor gear is completely useless (let alone unupgraded), as is anything other than full Duelist gear.

That’s not true at all. You absolutely do not need full duelist gear to perform well in retail. Where did you get that idea from?

Having one shadowpriest in full duelist gear and another alt in exactly the same gear (incl maxed legendaries) but Rival, and struggling against the literal same teams my main priest would beat easily, with my same two arena partners

Do you even play retail, or is your profile hidden for a reason

I don’t know if you know this or not so I’ll just say it, that guy was all over the Arena forums saying stuff like that. Even an MVP called him out at one point. He’s starting to get a rep on here for similar reasons.

1 Like

Ah yep, armoried him, 1550 lifetime highest pvp achievement in 2s and 3s. Combatant shadowlands season 1.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/wyrmrest-accord/bloomsday/achievements/feats-of-strength/player-vs-player

Soz im not talking about 1400s arena buddy, im talking about 2300+. Im sure u can get away with whatever gear you want in the rat leagues

1 Like

I didn’t do arena or RBGs on Retail, just random BGs and I did fine in fully upgraded honor gear. It wasn’t fast, but it was clear character progression. I didn’t mind the grind as it was something I would do anyway. Honestly that grind was much easier than the TBC honor gear grind. I’ll do it again whenever I decide to go back to Retail.

This is not the same as this

Obviously going up against people that have more gear than you is going to be more difficult. That doesn’t mean anything but duelist gear is useless.

I’m not sure what you’re talking about but I’d prefer if you stopped spreading rumors about me. Keep the discussion around the topic at hand please.

Do you think every character named Bloomsday belongs to me?

That’s not my account. I’m a multiple time rank one player, not that it’s relevant for the topic at hand.

1 Like

I mean, yeah, the honor gear is fine for bgs, but you will get stomped the second you set foot inside an arena. I know; i did the grind a second time on my alt priest and it was absolutely miserable.

Theres enough footage around of r1 players like venruki literally being unable to get out of the 1600s even with relatively ok starting gear (decent versa blues and some honor pieces).

Literal blizzcon winners couldn’t surmount the gear barrier, you cant claim its fine.

That video is outdated thanks to the latest patch.

Actually, a lot of the top PVPers are doing a challenge wherein they push rating with item level 200 gear through just LFG.

A lot of them are hitting 2200. This has all been streamed.

This thread is about honor gear and BGs, not arena. Honor gear is fine for its intended environment. I would have a bad time if I went into BT wearing normal dungeon blues, and rightfully so.