Is it weird that I don't think Honor rate needs a buff?

The issue with the honor grind is that they provide a method several times in any given season to get all your off-set pvp gear in just 1 weekend.

AV weekend honor is so absurd that you may as well just wait to PvP until this weekend happens unless you’re just doing it for fun and practicing your duels.

So tbh I think honor could be tweaked. It’s possible to get all possible gear you want in an AV weekend, so making honor so miserably slow outside of that weekend just makes people wait.

1 Like

I think that the AV weekend in my experience leads to burnout faster, I hate the feeling of on a time limit to grind everyday instead of spread out the games throughout the week.

I’d be fine with having the weekend give less of a bonus then giving that bonus to an overall honor gain, so it’s practically the same on average, but much better since you it’s less of an incentive during the av weekend too rush spam BGs which leads to burnout, toxicity, AFKing, etc.

Yes.

1 Like

Yes it was.

You dont pvp so dont bother. thread closed.

Looks like things are still open.

:man_shrugging:

I think it’s fine, you have the rep alternative to get started… next season the honor is going to be feeding you epic S1 gear. Back in the day most of the community called it welfare epics and kind of looked down on it, it’s funny how the gamer-base has mostly flipped now.

Ironically what they’re asking for is exactly why most modern games suck, including elements of how classic has been handled (58 boost).

People say “oh god I need to do how many hours of grinding to be competing on equal footing?!”. This isn’t a moba, you can compete at different tiers of play with different gear. It’s not like you CAN’T arena in the rep set, if you get higher ratings in crappier gear it’s more impressive. Yeah at some point you’ll hit a wall and that may be frustrating, but it creates incentive for you to go and keep BGs alive.

If you actually god forbid LIKE WoW in the first place, then oscillating between some of these different modes of PvPing (or even PvEing) should be relatively refreshing. A lot of people hate everything now though, but that’s really a mental health problem more than a game design one. Assuming you are one of these people that like the game and have time to be playing an MMO, you’ll always be up to date on gear anyways.

The modern idea that the game should be alt-friendly or even alt-driven based on some modern xpacs clearly feeds into this entitlement, but it’s not what the game was ever supposed to be.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m curious what a WoW arena moba would play like too. I loved the arena tournament realms, but they also were a totally different pace and missing a lot of what makes the retail game cool (longer term achievements like getting a glad mount, or actually playing the game to unlock some of those PvE pieces you wanna use in PvP etc.). Maybe that game can or should exist alongside WoW, but it’s not WoW.

2 Likes

I pvp. Continue malding.

I agree with the OP, the rate of honor is fine where it is. Then again i am one of the few who find battlegrounds to be enjoyable and not a tedious slog.

2 Likes

I don’t believe you. Either you are lying about this being your main or you don’t pvp. Which one is it?

Honor gain is ok if you enjoy bgs. I capped honor on 5 of my characters.

3 Likes

And there it is. The people complaining don’t even like PVP, they just want the gear. They should just stick to PVE, which is faster for gearing anyway.

2 Likes

I don’t mind the honor rate either, but I do wish you could get bonus honor for objectives.

For example, EOTS could give 5 bonus honor for every 30 seconds spent defending a point, 50 points for capturing a point from enemy control, and 25 points for capturing a flag.

Not only would this alleviate some complaints about the honor grind, but it’d hopefully also encourage players to play the game properly :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Dunno mate… Like… the first 10-15k of honor was fun… then the next 60k was just me watching netflix on my second monitor while I “guarded” towers in AV. By the end of my grind… I didn’t even care who won or who lost. I didn’t even look at that outcome. I just prayed that no one wanted a turtle. That was it. And that… that was just the honor part of the farm. Nevermind the marks part of it. Did you know that you could also “guard” stables… and “guard” Mage Tower… (for clarity, so no one gets upset… I didn’t actually AFK… I fought back if anyone attacked, but past that? nope)

Don’t get me wrong, at the start I PvP’d as hard as I did back in the original BC, but by the end. I flat out didn’t care who won or lost. Just end the darn game as fast as possible please.

6 Likes

Lol ye kinda

You’d have to be careful about this though… I could see it leading to degenerate play. Whether that be two premades honor trading a cap point. Or people just spam clicking flags praying their teammates will actually perform in the team fight. Maybe if it was applied across the board, but then you may as well just up the honor rate.

Yes, it would definitely have to be tested. Maybe it was tested at some point in WoW’s history, and they deemed it a bad idea.

I think Blizzard has always tried to ban win traders (even when they’ve not cared about the game), so hopefully it’d be possible for them to track anomalous honor gains in bgs. If two teams were capping a point back-to-back in EOTS, and left the bg with 5,000 honor, it’d hopefully raise a red flag somewhere.

OP is either troll or just dumb. Everything that the majority wants or agree’s with, they just make a post saying the opposite. No personality or self thought, just actively saying the opposite of everyone else.

Are you sure you’re not mixing up arena gear with honor off pieces? Completing an arena set requires lots of points and a somewhat decent rating unless you’re a 1200 rated discount andy.

I think that this is incredibly dumb and you should keep terrible opinions to yourself. Assuming you aren’t trolling, which you probably are.

1. The honor rates in classic are lower than retail tbc.
  2. People having the same sets means that the gear is accessible - which means that participation will be at healthy levels which it currently isn’t.
  3. All the current honor gains do is cause people to bot or just give up entirely. There’s a pretty small portion of the pvp community that actually grinds out all of this gear.

I feel like people are comparing the rate of getting the PvP sets to retail, so if it’s not super fast like retails people don’t like it. iMO you have to approach it in a different way

Perhaps you aren’t aware but the rate at which people can acquire and upgrade gear in retail is a huge sticking point for a lot of the community - it’s considered too grindy and far too slow and kills participation. And retail is many times faster than tbc in that regard.

Nobody cares if it’s “more badass to see someone with full SEASON pvp gear on”, they just want to play the game and get upgrades at a reasonable pace. Currently it’s totally unreasonable to do this grind on even one character and if you have alts then you’re pretty well screwed.

1 Like

Everyone claims this but fails to produce any evidence except for their 15-year old memories of playing in 2007 tbc.

As it should be, there’s only a small portion of the community that has their full raid T5/ full BiS. I fail to see the problem other than you wanting to get more rewards while putting in less work.

Good news, it’s already at a reasonable pace.

It’s also completely unreasonable to get FULL PVE bis on multiple alts without putting in months and months of raiding. Where’s the people complaining about raid drop rates? Exactly.

Tl:DR “I don’t like your opinion thus you are a dumb troll” Genius argument.

Everyone claims this but fails to produce any evidence except for their 15-year old memories of playing in 2007 tbc.

There’s plenty of videos showing proof that the honor values are not correct, you ignoring them is not my problem.

As it should be, there’s only a small portion of the community that has their full raid T5/ full BiS. I fail to see the problem other than you wanting to get more rewards while putting in less work.

Hi, I’m one of them. I just want reasonable rewards for reasonable work.

Good news, it’s already at a reasonable pace.

If you actually did pvp you’d know how stupid that sounds.

It’s also completely unreasonable to get FULL PVE bis on multiple alts without putting in months and months of raiding. Where’s the people complaining about raid drop rates? Exactly.

It’s a lot easier to get pve bis than pvp bis and has been for all of classic. Especially when it comes to alts. You can do all of t5 + gruul/mag in like 2 hours for a normal guild. And funny you mention raid drop rates, considering those have been getting buffed every phase.

Tl:DR “I don’t like your opinion thus you are a dumb troll” Genius argument.

Well, your opinion is stupid and unpopular for a reason and you’ve yet to say anything true regarding your own thread. Do you want a sticker for trying or do you want the truth?

1 Like