Is it weird that I don't think Honor rate needs a buff?

Not really keen on replying to you since apparently you just troll most of the time, but i’m talking about s1 obviously. I’m aware they attempted to fix their dogwater game after they lost half their subs, including doing all sorts of things they said they’d never do (like unlocking covenants), but s1 just left a bad taste and most people i know that played a decent amount that season just quit. Their systems in their flagship patch were awful and cynical, and that’s what the expac will be remembered for.

Honor gear (i.e. offset pieces) are literally part of you pvp best in slot for every season, i’m sorry how is it not relevant?

Actually nvm, I kind of see where you’re coming from in that if you only aim to do bgs in retail then the gearing process is ok.

I guess thats the case, but if you’re actually gearing for arena then you’re faced with a miserable honor grind (for your honor set + upgrades) followed by a miserable conquest grind followed by a second, even longer and more miserable honor grind to upgrade the conquest pieces. Even worse when your covenant’s rep gear at the time randomly didnt have any versatility pieces (venthyr caster gear wooo).

Retail gearing straight sucked.

Even in season 1 it really wasn’t that bad. Like Shadows, I too did fine in honor gear on my alts. If you know how to play your class, you’re very powerful and effective in just the basic honor gear.

Shadowlands is a good example. That doesn’t necessarily mean that we should implement something similar to TBC, but Shadowlands absolutely has a good gearing system.

All in all, the honor rate in TBC is fine.

1 Like

They may technically be BIS, but the stats are barely higher than last season’s. Not having them isn’t going to hold you back in any meaningful way. Just do BGs when you can and you’ll get them when you get them.

I added this in as an edit ^

Yes, I hate arena and haven’t done it since MoP. In my opinion WoD had the best PvP gearing with multiple ways to earn conquest gear. It took longer if you only did BGs and Ashran, but by the middle of the season you would still have a full set. At that point skill was the only limiting factor. I wish Retail would go back to that.

Ya Bloomsday saying basic honor gear is all you needed to do good in retail arena LOL. Rehashing those same lines you trolled the arena forums with all summer? And there it is the multiple rank one claim he refuses to provide evidence for despite having no reason not to.

I am of mixed mind about this. Here is the thing. If your on the winning side of the BG matches constantly. Its a non issue. You will get plenty of honor. However if your constantly on the loosing side, it bad.

In a perfect world. Most people would win 50% of the matches. But in reality most realms have at least one dominate faction and one side always gets smashed hulk style… Its bad for those realms.

The problem I see is that for example the 1 handed weapons. They need the Marks/Badges from Eye of the Storm (as an example) requirement to be doubled to 40 and the Honor requirement from 14k cut in half. This would even it all out… That said… Its not going to happen. If your like myself a hordy on an aliance dominated server… Just going to have to suck it up I guess.

Sure it sounds great, but after the first season of arena is over and all the people are in full arena gear, the scaling was atrocious.

People who were trying to BG to get honor gear were just getting stomped on due to the massive iLvL gap and it really ruined Shadowlands arena. The honor gear became obsolete and yet the grind for it is still very long.

1 Like

I guess I misunderstood. My apologies. You are 100% correct.

FYI I do a lot of retail pvp and buying the honor pieces only makes sense if you’re on your first new character. Alts can be sent conquest boxes for cheap if you have a character above 1400 in arenas which is extremely easy to do.

The honor spent purchasing and/or upgrading honor pieces would be much better spent upgrading conquest pieces. This is where the honor grind turns into a tbc like slog of mindless bg’s for hundreds of hours.

It’s not weird, but it does demonstrate your ignorance of other peoples experiences and lives.

2 Likes

That makes no sense. So you’re implying that fresh 70s/alts/undergeared toons are supposed to enjoy getting stomped? that’s just dumb.

2 Likes

They can get the rep pvp gear before entering BGs and have a much better time.

Cause pveing to get revered is the answer yea?

Theres a reason why Wrath has a crafted pvp set you can obtain lol.

2 Likes

This isn’t Wrath. Players have options; if they don’t want to use them, that’s on them.

Prior season gear isn’t meant to be the current top-notch gear. Letting honor get buffed and making it quicker for people to gear for arena will do nothing but increase PvP activity and attnedance and promote a healthier PvP scene. It will also ensure that BGs have more people with similar levels of PvP gear so you don’t have premades absolutely stomping on pugs. It will help to even the playing field just a bit.

The arena scene, however, will remain competitive and even more so because more people will obtain the honor gear and be more inclined to participate in arenas.

Hence, increasing honor gains provides lots of benefits compared to keeping it how it is.

1 Like

Dungeon loot, rep gear, craftables and even raid gear are available. If you actually like playing the game, you have options.

1 Like

The options are garbage. Playing tbc pvp without resil (blue set really doesn’t cover it) is a horrific experience.

Objectively the honor grind isn’t absolutely awful, but for anyone trying to start pvp or gear up alts it is hardly worth the effort. A potentially 50+ hour grind to be able to even somewhat compete (and you’ll still be behind) is pretty terrible.

2 Likes

Never said this was wrath??? so Idk where that came from.

Never said there wasn’t options but I simply pointed out flaw your logic.

Also Notice how you and “Shadow” agree with eachother? kinda odd isnt it.

I’m one of those fresh 70s that wants to PvP (bg or arena) and really enjoy PvP but some people were right on the no resi gear getting absolutely stomped every time someone looks at me lol (Rogue here)

I know TBC was meant to be a grind and all but as we learned from expansions moving forward, increasing honor gear would increase pvp on all boards. It would be a good thing in my opinion if we were able to purchase some of the honor gear quicker or have crafted pvp starter set, I would rather see Skill > gear then gear > skill.