Is it weird that I don't think Honor rate needs a buff?

Making & keeping PvP items difficult to acquire means Honor has a higher value and thus it’s more badass to see someone with full SEASON pvp gear on, it’s a great accomplishment for them.

“Boosting” honor rate like many people are complaining about to a higher rate(Which wasn’t how it was in original TBC btw) I feel is going to denude other peoples accomplishments pre-nerf and make season gear less special and more common place.

If everyone has the same pvp armor every season is it really an accomplishment seeing everyone run around with the same sets?

Idk, it seems like an unpopular opinion but IMO I like that honor as a currency is valuable and so is the gear purchasable, really feels like a big upgrade. I feel like people are comparing the rate of getting the PvP sets to retail, so if it’s not super fast like retails people don’t like it. iMO you have to approach it in a different way

Anyways guys what do you think?

4 Likes

dont you have anything better to do ?

30 Likes

Do you have anything better do to do? You reply on every thread I make, just to complain.

1 Like

well stop creating dumb threads then

24 Likes

I’m creating a discussion about the honor rate and if it really needs changing as the opinions of many people is very one sided, isn’t that the point of a forums?

Or is it for you to gatekeep what makes a “dumb” thread or not. I think my thread is actually pretty smart, but you replied within 15 seconds of posting so I’m guessing you didn’t read it. That’s pretty telling don’t you think.

1 Like

just look at the front page of GD there’s like 8 threads of you trying to bait even dummers to fight …

8 Likes

I’m making discussions about topics about tbc, there’s nothing “baiting” about it. It seems like opinions you don’t like = equal bait.

Why don’t you engage the material at face value? I could be wrong but you reply to almost every one to my threads to complain or troll me then claim the thread is baiting, it’s quite poignant

yeah sure

7 Likes

I must live in your head rent free for you to keep track and reply to all my threads. I’ll see you on the next one, troll.

It’s not even that. They’re interested in PvP gear, but not PvP.

4 Likes

True. It seems like most BGs unless we’re stomping at least 1 guy is AFKING, I thought people went in BGs to just PVP?

The gear is cool but it’s not the main point for me, feel like people want to inject their own “Grind it out for weeks and weeks” attitude toward the gear as and thus decrease the quality of everyone’s games.

So, you are saying people who have full sets of PVP gear are badass and have earned a great accomplishment? The only reality to that is Arena gear, but thats not what honor gets you. So, if your argument is based on that fact - 100% I disagree.

If honor gains are increased, people with less time to play, and people who don’t hold the grind as being necessary, will benefit and be happy. Those who do will not be happy because they either lose their advantage or dislike significant changes to the game, especially ones that make it easier. One thing I would note, if gear is made easier to get, it may risk a quicker burnout rate. Essentially, PVP focused individuals will raid log more often or quit earlier. I’d rather see that then deal with the AFKs and “just take the L and get the token”.

If honor gains remain low, the casual crowd and people with less time to play will always be at a disadvantage. While I do think this is not terrible, the fact is some if not most of these players are hanging onto the game by a thread. I think it is funny that people argue about “Pay to Win”, but saving time to level up just to be smashed to the ground with ridiculous grind requirements for gear are offset. People will continue to AFK in BGs. People will continue to buy gold and feed Botters. But they will continue to struggle with gearing up.

This game is “no life to win”, being skilled is irrelevant. We know how important having gear is, and the only thing needed to get gear is time. Most people I know are always seasons behind and constantly fighting an uphill battle. BGs would be so much more enjoyable if we were actually playing for fun vs. being there for the grind. It’s simply not fun being severely undergeared or being on an undergeared team. This is the cycle of PVP in the current state of the game. So, go ahead and argue your #nochanges - that’s your right. It’s promoting imbalance, though.

15 Likes

Congrats but they nerf’d it to 1/6 of its original value and its obviously not fine because pvers simply dont bother with any pvp whatsoever because it takes way longer than it should to get pvp gear.

It also makes it impossible for new players / alts to gear for pvp either.

Therefore, you are wrong.

This thread is now closed.

2 Likes

Brace yourself, the instant gratification crowd will be here shortly with their level boosts to harass you for suggesting that they need to play the game to earn something

1 Like

Farming honor is a mindless grind not an accomplishment. I only want to play arenas but the honor grind is gating because I need the latest honor offpieces to be competitive. If you join mid-way through a season there’s no way you’ll be able to grind everything. Bad players see the gear as an accomplishment, good players don’t want to be gear-gated so that they can accomplish good ratings in arena.

2 Likes

Do you even pvp? Serious question.

4 Likes

Op creates more threads a day vs the how many actually participate in pvp.

On a real note tho pvp is bad atm due to the following still.

Less honor gain in bgs (no shocker there)
Arena points feel/are low
Pvp gear is pretty expensive for the grind

Either increase the honor gain or lower the cost of pvp gear next to nothing. So new players/alts/people who rarely get to play on average don’t get steamed rolled and don’t gotta spend 50-100 hours of just getting gear then finally being able to play the game.

2 Likes

I think that we should all get Battle chickens in place of honor and our fonts should smell of lemons…

1 Like

Just rough math of AV giving 1k honor per hour, not counting extra time to farm actual BG marks, people would need to spend around 100 hours to get fully PVP geared from honor alone.

For just season one gear it’s roughly 50k honor and a ton of marks.

This is gear TWO seasons behind.

This sounds more like you don’t want to lose the ability to two shot people.

It’s actual suffering farming honor because spamming AV is the only way to get consistent honor outside of full preforming, and full preforms want people who already have the gear.

The goal is to get gear and do arenas with it, the time it takes to step into arena from scratch is so painful it’s insane.

This opinion is awful because it’s clearly coming from a place of wanting FEWER people to PvP.

At that point do you really enjoy PvP, or just the special feeling having the gear gives you.

5 Likes

No it wasn’t and I would love to see you try to prove it’s 1/6 rate.

The only thing that is closed is your own mind.