Is it weird for MALES (irl) to play FEMALE characters ingame?

The only thing weird about this topic, is how often people bring it up!

I think one has issues when they find problem with another player choosing a female avatar, ‘because it’s a girl dude and you’re a guy’ (being sarcastic). I’ve never seen it as a big deal personally. Heck, play some Overwatch and half the heroes are women. I think the age of macho male bullcrap is ending, albeit slower than I’d like it to end.

No. The character is not the player’s in-game avatar.

For the record, my main is male…and of course Horde. :slight_smile:

#ForTheHorde
#BornToBeBelf

Um, this is news.

I see nothing wrong with leading a woman on ingame, OP.

Is it hate or friends joking with you? Are you just being too sensitive?
I ask because I play with a lot of male irl friends. We pick on each other. I have a priest, for example, named Chiron after one of Hercules’ teachers. My friends would jokingly refer to him as Sharon just to get my goat. It wasn’t malicious. Not all poking is bullying.

To answer the question of whether it is weird for a male to play a female character: no. I would dare to make the unbacked claim that the majority or at least close to half of female characters in this game are played by males. They all have various reasons. You are not the minority.

I assume everybody in game is a :unicorn: until proven otherwise, with sparkles! It saves time assuming pronouns.

2 Likes

Does anyone else think the only reason this is such an issue is that society places too high of an importance on sex?

1 Like

nothing matters.

True. things only have the value we give them.

Nah, its just when dudes pretend to be girls its weird.

Playing a female character is perfectly fine. Pretending to be a girl is weird to people. If you feel you are a girl and are pretending to be a girl, thats fine.

Dudes who have girly names, act like girls, and then when they join your discord group or something and have a dude voice and act like a dude, its very jarring.

Also people who say they just like staring at a female butt rather than a male butt when they’re playing, why are you staring at their butts? Get it together!

It’s no weirder (and actually far less weird) than the people who sleep with body pillows with a portrait of Sylvanas on it.

:cookie:

1 Like

Well this topic is new and exciting

Seriously though if your friends are gonna get mad over something so stupid then let them go to bed angry.

1 Like

This isn’t my reasoning, but this reminded me of a funny YouTube skit a channel called Viva La Dirt League made on this topic called New Skin. It’s a PUBG skit but it’s the same concept. Unfortunately it has some mild language so I probably shouldn’t link it, but it’s easy to find with a search.

1 Like

What’s weird is why people keep starting these threads.

1 Like

Enjoy life OP.

Play what you find fun.

OP.

Your friend is the one in the wrong.
WHY ON EARTH would YOU want to look at a male character’s behind all day long?!
Female is the way to go! ((unless that’s your thing, I’m not judging))

Either way, turn it around and make HIM feel bad for making you feel bad.

Is… is it 2005 again?

WoW is an mmorpg, many people play the opposite sex in mmorpg’s. RPG’s let players explore different aspects that they might not be able to live out irl. Some males irl want to see what it’s like to live as a woman, just as there are women who want to see what it’s like to be a man. Some people want to see what it’s like to be a reptilian-humanoid while others want to live out their fantasies and see what it’s like to be a cow.

It’s only weird if you want it to be weird.

Funny

I apply this rule to fighting games and most 3rd person games like AC:Odyssey but in WoW I cant roll a female char.