Is it weird for MALES (irl) to play FEMALE characters ingame?

I pick my character’s sex based around what I think works best based on the head canon story I make up for them. Sometimes it works better if they’re male, sometimes female - who cares? It’s your game time.

Nothing wrong with it. My boyfriend likes to play female characters and nobody really cares. Just play what you think is fun for you.

I don’t know any guys named Irl but can’t imagine why it’d be any less copacetic for them to play whatever they like than for anyone else to. :sunglasses:

On a more serious note, if the people you’re playing with are that close-minded, I’d keep the character but make some new friends. There are few reasons why someone would feel so fragile that pixel bewbs manage to unnerve them and I couldn’t imagine being bffs with anyone that troubled.

Okay, that was just half a bagel for the troll. It was about to go stale and I thought why not share. I’m keeping all the jalapeno cream cheese, though. :bagel:

1 Like

it’s only weird if you do it with the intent on playing one handed all the time.:eyes:

1 Like

This topic is new and interesting.

I bet you’re not even a real Panda! You’re most likely a human on the other side of that screen!

You faker!

There’s no problem with it, but I’ve always liked the way Jack Patillo from Achievement Hunter explains it: “I’m attracted to women, so why would I wanna look at a man’s butt every time I play?”

Energy and matter like to play opposing roles so it’s probably natural.

Male container, female energy.

Female container, male energy.

Combination of both, whatever…

I don’t think it matters as long as you’re having fun.

I think much of this is due to the fact that there are still many gender stereotypes in society that exist…

1 Like

No, at the end of the day you still have to look for a sense of polarity.

Call each half what you will, but there are two parts to the whole and the degree by which you play either role can vary (both inside and out) to varying degrees.

I don’t personally care about the agendas that encircle this topic.

The left hand and right hand paths exist in many forms.

So you in the camp that believes there’s a divine masculine and divine feminine?

I’m nothing at all.

So gender doesn’t matter, your gender is what you’ve Chosen?

All things change.

In the end it’s all empty.

I don’t care what I am right now.

I can definitely relate to how you feel

ive been playing ne female for over 10 years. their cast animations are the best. I never have seen any issue with it, if there is an issue it is mostly due to immaturity. tell your friends to get over themselfs

Its not that weird, unless you use the “if I’m staring at a butt it better be a good one” excuse.

1 Like

Only time I found this sort of thing weird was a couple of expansions back. Our little (very) casual raid group was all male characters, yet all the voices except one on vent were female. It was a little jarring at first, but we all got quickly used to it.

What a boring and predictable thread.

So do you think its weird for males to play female characters in game?

Just kidding