Is it actually possible for alliance to win random BGs?

Gotta carry the road fighting freshies.

its not just noobs on alliance, today feels like bg week crossed with a free play weekend.

When I get home I’m gonna queue for a few epics to check out these alliance pros.
I don’t need any conq or honor atm, I just wanna watch the follies

1 Like

Specific-queue a few AVs and see for yourself :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Make some :popcorn: and enjoy the Alliance bg chat :joy:

2 Likes

Gonna do that in approximately 10 mins.
I wish I knew mains names so I could have a laugh in bg chat

2 Likes

I hear you. (That’s not to say awesome alliance AVs don’t/can’t happen, but it feels like 1 out of 20.) :pensive:

1 Like

I need to stop agreeing with you. Not. :arrow_up::five:

Maybe the kids still on their Easter chocolate high? It’s Sunday so the baddie alliance are “returning” already… sigh

2 Likes

Omg you’re right! First thing I read in chat was “GALV AND BACKCAP”

On a side note I’ve been running around in a figure eight around all the healers w/ 18% hp for over two minutes…haha

Annnnnnnnd. Alliance won with the kill galv first strat. Oh geez this is going to infect alliance av. I will say that after the galv kill 90% of the alliance back capped hard af

2 Likes

Kind of related to your other post, I think it depends on the makeup of the team. Like if one team is heavy on less-mobile melee and the other is heavy on ranged, CC-ing DPS, the melee should be lower damage as they shouldn’t be able to connect as much. Overall I find damage meters an unreliable way of measuring what a player or team is accomplishing towards objectives. Someone competently guarding a node that is barely attacked - or traveling to nodes to help tag them (e.g. in WG) - will not have much damage logged.

1 Like

Alliance healers :rofl: :joy:

In an earlier AV game I was constantly hovering at like 50% health (cause I’m not scared to “just get in there” and PvP). After the first SHB battle was over I was literally standing right next to a Disc Priest and a Resto Druid at SHB, but didn’t get topped off. Had to eat to top myself :roll_eyes:

Anyways, it sounds like you got a good group… either that or the Horde team was just “that bad” :rofl:

The horde team push at sp gy was an “alliance like” push. They wouldn’t fully commit into the flag in force and flittered in one by one to get eaten up. This anemic push reinforced my thinking that lots of bad allies xferrd during the reduced price.

1 Like

Yep, a good number of Alliance probably did transfer to Horde back during the March special/sale. Wouldn’t surprise me at all.

I mean honestly, who loses to a Galv rush??.. on a Horde-favored map? only Alliance-rerollers :joy:

As dumb as it sounds we almost lost to a Galv rush team the other day. We had to kill Belinda to even the score, and barely won on resources.

We even summoned the Ice Lord, but he ran off to the corner of the map and didn’t help with anything.

The alliance are upping their game in epic BGs tonight!

The horde who post here already know this but: in AV you cannot let the alliance freely zerg towers and GYs and expect to win. I know you want out of the BG in, like, 15 minutes, but wouldn’t you rather just win? :cowboy_hat_face:

Why DOES Alliance fail so badly at epics? I used to win IOC and AV all the time. All the time. Now, I’m on the struggle bus just to get my one win for the 65 CPs. I’ve considered avoiding that queue from now on since it feels like a waste of time.

As for the regular BGs, I hover around the 50% win rate for all of them (except the new WSG which doesn’t make sense because I have a 58% win rate for the old one).

And I just want to say that I’m really surprised how well Alliance has done with the AB Winter brawl. I see a lot more communication because people can’t see anything, and even our losses are generally close.

And I queue solo for BGs. Give me a friendly warlock to play with though, and I will be forever happy with my lock rocks.

IoC is a fairly even winrate I think. Alliance are better at defending things (your base, glaives, etc). AV you guys can win as long as you don’t waste time at IBT. Push hard to our base and our group usually collapses as nobody will want to return south.

WG seems pretty lopsided, I don’t lose those often at all.

Before the Epic BGS separation, my win rate was well above 50% for IOC. It’s only after the separation that I’ve been losing a lot. Too many people going docks and not mid, or people not defending the docks flag or our glaives. It’s beyond frustrating.

And I’ve had more problems in AV with people capping FWGY before RH, which has screwed us over royally multiple times. It bites because I can’t be everywhere. My tower is TP, which has struggles now.

I don’t think Mid really has a place in the current state of IoC if I’m honest. I guess it’s a nice supplement but it usually ends up being kind of irrelevant except in the case of defense. I’ve turned around a couple losses by bringing the siege to our keep.

Do you normally DPS in your BGs?