Is it actually possible for alliance to win random BGs?

I think a lot of it just boils down to a dice roll, or maybe the time of day one queues at (different slice of players queueing). I’ve been in plenty of games where I’ve been giving it my all to do objectives and still end up losing.

One thing I’ve noticed is that in losing games, I’m often #1 or #2 in damage for the Alliance team despite spending most of the game flagsitting… that shouldn’t happen. It basically means that my teammates suck horrifically at DPS and couldn’t kill anything.

2 Likes

Dunno what to tell you man, putting snow on the ground in AB really seems to mess with people. I won one of those yesterday out of approximately six attempts.

Alliance are bad at communicating and coordinating, and the reduced visibility compounds this problem… at least with regular AB you can get a good idea of what’s going on by just looking around, even if your teammates aren’t telling you anything.

2 Likes

I’ve done a lot of pvping this past year on both sides and it’s basically a 50 percent chance if you’re solo. Now if you want to win as Alliance, you bring in your best guildies or friends to win

1 Like

You definitely aren’t wrong, the communication thing sucks, I question sometimes if calling out the horde healers before the game really helps at all. Interestingly enough, the one arathi blizzard I won, no one really said anything. The ones I lost, the chat was flooded with trash.

Yeah I have definitely run into a handful of games where everyone is quiet and we win. My guess is that these games have unusually good alliance or unusually bad horde.

The game I just won (barely, but we won) had enemy movements/inc calls as the only thing in chat.

1 Like

Can’t defend, call incs, or assault enemy points while flappin’ your pie-hole. I hardly ever speak on BGs, and when I do, it’s usually to tell people to put a sock in it and get to fighting.

Just won an AV mercing … could not believe it . So stoked !!

Started on boss with 2 towers up . No one defended so horde were ahead on towers but I guess they waited too long :joy:

For the alliance !!!

Anytime you speak up in a bg you’re just flagging yourself for an /afk vote kick.

1 Like

People do not know strategies and don’t have instinct on what to do next. That’s what I’ve experienced. They simply just do not know. And how can they? Battlegrounds don’t exactly come with a guide. You learn from experience. You learn from people in chat whether they’re yelling at you or trying to guide the team. The best thing to do, is at least try to guide people. If more of us tried to guide, then it might get a lot better.

I’ve long said that they really need to put some basics on the loading screens, and mark things on the ingame map, such a point boost values in ToK and mark graveyards. That sort of thing.

I talk a lot and this has not happened to me yet.
Not even when I call rogues with verbal diarrhea Negative Nancy Boys.

I got bored with Horde, probably because this expansion is a POS. Decided to try Alliance and lose almost every bg.

I think pvp racials are off. Orc stun reduction is huge, warstomp is huge. I dunno.
BLIZ knows, I guess, but im done with pvp until alliance gets balanced.

my advice is quit queuing alliance. boycott PVP. If get bored with game unsubscribe. maybe that will get their attention.

Been keeping track of Ally Reg BG’s to get 500 conquest since 12 Feb (sick i know). This week broke down like this:
Normal Random - 4 Wins 10 Loses
Epic - 3 Wins 9 Loses
Brawl - 2 Wins 13 Loses
Total - 9 Wins 32 Loses
Since 12 Feb it has taken me an avg of 24.8 Games to get the 500 pts…

Alliance has pretty much better racials tho. Especially with maledict being huge. Night elf op. Dark iron good. Nornal dwarf good. Kul tiran. Good. Void elf good. Gnome good. Lightforged is useless. And human is iffy

1 Like

Alliance racials are better in arena due to DI and meledict use . … in BG’s and General WPvP, the racials are kinda balanced between the 2 factions .

Most of them are good people are just too lazy to switch

I lost a WG today and an AV yesterday, those were things that happened.

Just a quick PSA for other Alliance: the Galv noobs seem to be out in FULL FORCE tonight, beware!! Where do these guys come from??! :grimacing:

Interestingly, I don’t really see these guys on weekday nights, are they “weekend alliance”? :thinking:

I just afked out of an in-progress loss where 70-75% of the Alliance team was at Galv when I zoned in. I took a quick look at the map upon zoning in… yep 28-30ish Alliance dots inside the Galv building :roll_eyes:

This is actually the second “rush Galv!” loss I’ve been in today. In the other loss earlier I stuck around a bit longer before leaving, but in that game we ended up getting GY-farmed at Stormpike GY thanks to the “go Galv!” trolls :roll_eyes:

That’s pure mafic. Alliance players have posted proof of their W/L records.