Is Isboxer legal?

Oh ok sorry bb

It’s not a “Blizzard decision”. It’s a reality decision. There’s nothing stopping players from multiboxing with a full hardware setup. Literally. There’s nothing Blizzard or any other game company can do to detect it or stop it.

So allowing software that makes it easier and more accessible is the smart decision. And it’s not just a Blizzard decision. This has been the “decision” of every other game company throughout time.

OP, as others have said, discuss this program with the multiboxing community on these forums. They will help you know what you should and shouldn’t do. And remember what Perl said:

4 Likes

I think what can really solve this problem is if a GM can clearly define what is considered “automated control”. Onces that is clear, we can start to understand which softwares are directly illegal to be used.

Svenla,

As you have stated you are a lawyer, I’m sure you understand the Blizzard support representatives can only provide you with generalised guidelines.

Blizzard’s support personnel are not lawyers, and are incapable of offering the precision of language required to represent Blizzard’s position in a legally-binding manner.

8 Likes

Anything that causes more than one action per keypress per game client, according to them. You’re not going to get anything more clear than that; any further definition ties their hands when players act against the spirit of the game.

5 Likes

i’m not sure what is unclear about what automation is. given it is a category of actions, there’s no way to just give a one sentence definition that would cover every possibility.

if you physically push a button, and one single action per client happens, then you are good. it’s ok to push a button and have that trigger one action on more than one client. it’s not ok to push a button and have more than one action happen within one single client, or to not push a button at all and have an action happen within a client.

you’d need to be more specific if you wanted to know what else might be/not be allowed.

7 Likes

According to the creators a number of years back, ISBoxer was a bot, as there is some automation.

Key cloning is a grey area though ive noticed. When i dual box, i just tab back and forth.

Key cloning is fine as long as it’s not breaking any of the other rules. As mentioned above, 1 key press should equal one action per account.

6 Likes

isboxer allows for multiple keys to be sent to a single client from a single key press.
this is a violation.

mouse clicks echo’d across multiple clients was also a violation at one point.

You’re mistaken.

8 Likes

By itself, no it isn’t. As stated earlier, you can do the same by hooking up a keyboard to a splitter across multiple computers, which is undetectable (and also where the term “multiboxing” came from–in the Everquest days, people who had multiple “boxes,” aka computers, in a household did just that before the software was developed and computers became able to handle more than one instance of a game). Blizzard will not ban for merely sending a keypress to multiple software clients.

If those keypresses then activate multiple actions (i.e. ability-wait-ability or just abilityabilityability beyond what the in-game macros are capable of), then you have an issue.

9 Likes

You have it backwards. It allows a single key press to be sent to multiple clients. One key press = one action on each client, not a violation.

Pictures or it didn’t happen. Hint - it didn’t happen. You do know that a multi-boxer could use multiple computers with synced wireless mouse and keyboard dongles? Or be wired to have one keyboard and mouse control multiple machines? That would be undetectable. All a keyboard broadcaster does is eliminate the need for multiple computers.

Players not liking multi-boxing is fine. Just realize that not everyone shares your opinion. Just realize their opinion is just as valid as yours. Just realize because they don’t agree with you doesn’t make them wrong. It doesn’t make you wrong either. You are allowed to have your opinion, just like they are allowed to have theirs.

Blizzard does not support multi-boxing. That means if you have problems with it you need to check elsewhere for help. Blizzard, however, does not ban it. That means if someone wants to do it, they are allowed to do it.

15 Likes

Well said.

6 Likes

I used a 2nd PC with a USB keypad and macros. With the loss of focus in the Classic version though, I’ll probably ditch the 2nd account.

Rufflebottom if you knew how laughable your response to Tiny is you would be exceedingly embarrassed. And a shout out to you Tiny.

As is trolling the most moderated forum. Please don’t.

7 Likes

If you have a correction to offer, please do so.

3 Likes

Ruffle’s response is 100 percent correct, there was never ever a time when any of what Tiny said was actually true. Multiboxing, has never been a violation of the rules. This has been beaten to death and Blizzard has stated where they stand on it thousands of times. Tiny is flat out wrong in what he said and should indeed be called out on it so that people are not getting false information.

I would highly advise that you do not come into the CS forums and spread your false information to try and sew discontent and confusion, that stuff doesn’t fly here. The correct information has been given and what Ruffle posted is fact.

12 Likes

Laughable in what way? It looks to me like you have nothing. Nothing of consequence to add to the topic. Nothing of consequence to disprove anything I said. Nothing to prove that I would be embarrassed by anything I said.

2 Likes

when they say they wont warn you, they are not saying they are going to ban you without warning, they are saying you wont even receive a warning about this at all.