Is FFXIV 5.0 A WoW Killer?

True but in defense of “how many are currently playing right now” You did say it’s not concrete, so I give you that… but because of that to you it’s “interestingly doing very well right now”

Well yea, and they still have a ton of subs

:man_facepalming: Here we go again…

Sure if you call that a lot, but I won’t take your happiness away on what you want to believe in :laughing:

And yet less than 1 million active is a lot?

I’m taking in the feedback that’s going on from other players that I know that quit WoW for Final Fantasy. As well as observing the feedback the expansions have gotten. The launch wasn’t good. But the expansions they’re putting out have gotten a ton of good reviews.

Now turn over to WoW and we’re on a nosedive. WoW doesn’t give the players any kind of information anymore on where the playerbase And I wouldn’t be surprised if it was because it was shockingly low. The only good thing that I’ve observed from the playerbase that says is really good is the artwork and the music. Everything else has been either mixed or just flatout disappointment.

1 Like

So hear say? If I listened to the forums, then Alliance lose 100% BGs :joy:

According to who?

No one game gives sub numbers. WoW used to, but no other MMORPG did (or does anymore)

IOW, you listen to players and not play the game yourself… got it, forums in a nutshell

wow must’ve died a hundred times by now with all these “wow killers” that keep popping up.

1 Like

Could be on a dead realm? I see tons of people in wow at all times.
Eta: my main toons are all on Sargaras,Stormrage and Thrall,all heavily populated servers. I do have one toon on Wyrmrest and it’s often pretty lonely there. So could just be your server.

1 Like

I mean it’s got about the same amount of truth in it as WoW still being #1 based on little information.

I mean I could list off all of the events and controversies that have gone on in the expansion. If you want to ignore them then by all means you’re within your right to do so.

That’s pretty irrelevant to what I was saying though. No where in that quote did I mention other MMOs. It’s what WoW used to do to give players the information on how the playerbase is doing only to strip it away during one of the worst expansions since it was a nosedive.

Nah that’s a pretty dumb statement to make. A quick glance at the armory would’ve saved you the trouble of looking rather silly on this front.

I did look at your armory. No 8.2 content.

If the convo was about 8.2 then you’d have a point. Played BFA up till Crucible, didn’t like it so I’m chillin till Classic.

1 Like

It’s about a wow killer which is all expansions and patches including 8.2. I’d say this patch brought back a lot of people not to mention those for Classic.

Still doesn’t change my point.

1 Like

Nor mine I guess.

Aion was supposed to be the “wow killer”. Then it was Warhammer. Then it was Star Wars: TOR…etc etc etc.

To me, if there’s anything killing WoW, it’s not another game. I came back for 8.2; current retail WoW just doesn’t resonate with me. I’m bouncing back to FF XIV and ESO, but it’s more because WoW is kind of pushing me away than the other games are enticing me.

1 Like

No and it never will be.

Do the FF forums get this amount of wow spam?

4 Likes

a lot of WoW fan boys worried about their game…

5 Likes