Is FFXIV 5.0 A WoW Killer?

very possibly. best game ever.

9 Likes

no. we’ve established that wow is.

41 Likes

WoW is the WoW killer, btw please don’t curse FF like that. I rather enjoy the game and every single game people claimed to be WoW killers sense the dawn of TBC has ended up failing so hard they either closed down like Wildstar, or went Free to Play like Elderscrolls and SWTOR.

19 Likes

It’s a rival that is benefiting from WoW killing itself

42 Likes

Sure, it could be a possibility if that game had more active subs, which it doesn’t

4 Likes

Anything and everything has been a WoW killer since alpha.

8 Likes

I don’t know about that. I log in there pretty often and I see tons of people everywhere I go. Not so much the story in WoW.

10 Likes

If they ever introduced a race that I could gel with in FF I’d probably stick with it. They’re all too pretty for me.

2 Likes

You realize that is because of the sharding and other systems WoW has in place right? You really can’t be this silly

Also, I see people everywhere in WoW as it is

5 Likes

Shadowbringers came out at a very fortuitous (For Square Enix, not so much for Blizzard) time, to rave reviews, when enthusiasm for WoW and good will for Blizzard was at an all time low.

Square Enix recently announced, before Shadowbringers even came out, that FF14 had surpassed 1 million active subscribers. It would not surprise me one bit if it ends up overtaking WoW in the number of active subscribers.

8 Likes

The new beast race is pretty cool forget what they call it atm. But it’s basicly the Ronso from Final Fantasy X

4 Likes

Hrothgar. I have one as my main right now.

4 Likes

Sharding is suppose to make it so you can see more people. So you are just proving that final fantasy has more people then WoW does in that comment.

5 Likes

Path finder, beguiling, repetitive rep grinds on every alt… All pretty big WoW killers.

9 Likes

Yes. It is a WoW killer exactly like Rift was back in 2011.

10 Likes

Most people are 120. I see people everywhere I go, on both factions.

2 Likes

And on Final Fantasy, I see people everywhere I go no matter what level I am. Not so much on WoW. Heck sometimes I can stand all alone in Orgrimmar.

9 Likes

Regardless of how it is. Wow as it stands is the #1 mmo out there. Whether you don’t think it is or not. The numbers aren’t wrong. That could change if wows next expansion is bad

Probably not as much fun an endgame game then

1 Like

Yeah tbh I can’t comment on its end game. I don’t endgame there or here.