Is FFXIV 5.0 A WoW Killer?

A game that weebs play is no threat to wow.

3 Likes

only hubris and ego from the lawyer in charge will be the true WoW killer

This time its for real though, people are actually leaving and going to ff and wow doesn’t have a lot of subs to begin with
 anymore

2 Likes

No it can’t be the wow killer. That was guild wars 2, or star wars online, or was it Rift, Conan, Wild Star, Destiny, Destiny 2, Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy and the other iterations? I’m not sure, there’s been a lot of wow killers.

Wow has always gone “good xpac then bad xpac” but if 9.0 isn’t a really good xpac then wow will die

Brought back whom exactly? Vet players sure, but how much? New players highly doubt it.

WoW produced majority of weebs you dork.

1 Like

Citation needed.

2 Likes

agreed. classic isn’t going to save anything.

people complain that all the classes were pruned, but in reality, they had to prune them for future expansions.

1 Like

Vanilla sucks. the game was at its “WoW” that we all remember in bc to wrath and a little of cata. some people liked panda, then it started to really unravel, Legion brought us all back, and here we are again mad at blizz. we’ll see if the old god xpac fixes everything again. Legion really fixed a lot of mop/wod problems people deemed unfixable.

2 Likes

Name ten abilities Blizzard added to the game since WoD. The artifact and HoA don’t count.

I disagree. Blizz keeps trying to reinvent the wheel every expansion. Class Design in my opinion started going downhill in WoD. Where we lost abilities with each xpac.

For me I was unbelievably angry when Freezing Trap was pruned from BM and MM in Legion

1 Like

do a simple google search. And you’ll see that FF is lower than wow. But I’m definitely not going into this debate once again in the same post

1 Like

final fantasy is lame

1 Like

Oh hey. The same thing I’ve been seeing since TBC. If a certain thing doesn’t happen wow will die. Oh please :joy:

Ion and company are the true WoW killers.

2 Likes

this right here. The only thing wow has to fear is crumbling from the inside by the weight of the egos of the devs

1 Like

Probably because there are over 4 fold the amount of leveling zones in wow, where you can go over a dozen zones past 20, compared to FFXIV which is completely streamlined.
It would be far more accurate to compare wow vanilla zones to ffxiv if this is the case.

Both games have a healthy population anyway.

The rest of the players weren’t.
Game just had too much CC in MoP and the DR share were making many of them ahrder and harder to balance out.

Honeslty no MMORPG have over 2 million active players anymore.
WoW sits at 1.6mi
FFXIV 650k
ESO 626k
And so on.

lol, wow has more active players than that - you just pulled that number out of what I hate to think.