Is FFXIV 5.0 A WoW Killer?

When WoW was super-huge people used to say the only thing that could kill WoW was WoW.

They were right.

1 Like

That’s FFXIV so far.

Well considering soon wow will have classic wow and retail wow, people will get their wish.

How accurate it is depends on how they collect the info. In the past, it was done by addon that counted characters in various ways. Those tended to miss
well over half the people playing (I did a test with one once to see how accurate
it was. It missed hundreds of players in the same guild).

But there is no doubt from me that FF14 is doing very well.
Its just personal choice for me, and I prefer WoW.

I’d just like actual proof, which tbh none of us will ever get

1 Like

I haven’t played it personally. But I’ve heard nothing but good things for it so I believe it.

Classic will get back maybe some remaining vet players, but don’t expect it to be top. That era is over for that gameplay. They’ll just wait until the next expansion which most of us are waiting for.

Your proof is doing research and having common sense.

1 Like

I do too. And I just wish that personally it was better and continued to grow. The only chance for me playing WoW again is through Classic. For how long? Who knows

:joy::joy: this isn’t close to wow numbers

1 Like

I think yall are crazy if you think Classic will retain this games numbers it may for a bit but it wont be long term. This game needs Panderia status to compete.

1. Good storyline

2. Reforging

3. “Pathfinder” not being a thing.

4. Valor/Conquest vendors.

5. Good crafting
 Damn I miss MoP

1 Like

Which are what?

Look at realm pop:

https://realmpop.com/us.html that’s about as accurate as you linked

1 Like

Lol that game looks stupid sorry not sorry wow is king

1 Like

I believe what made it better was the fact they’re loyal to their community which is the opposite to WoW.

I wouldn’t be too sure about this. Maybe at the start of the expansion, but after 2018 Blizzcon and etc etc. They’re literally lost a lot. I can guesstimate around 2mil at most.

Aww loyal fans are so cute.

2 Likes

If we’re going by sites of numbers, I would. Wow has way more active numbers.

Thing is I never stated it as fact. I even went on to say

They used to be. It’s just infuriating to go through Beta and give endless feedback that just gets ignored.

You’re right, you didn’t. But others are, and you linked that as your source

What numbers? Where are you getting these numbers from?
I don’t see any reason to think FFXIV has a lower sub count than WoW.

No. I stated that it was an interesting look for me when I was doing research. I only linked it as an unreliable source.

Thing is WoW lost a lot of subs and that’s says a lot. They’re not happy with the game and most aren’t returning until next expansion. They really have to do something amazing next expansion or WoW isn’t getting the love it used to have.

3 Likes