Is feral really as bad as people say?

A sim is 10,000 times more reliable, and accurate.

Well I don’t deserve that reaction…?

Pessimism is pessimism. Put up a sim and you would just argue the sim I chose was wrong. :slight_smile: Sim me yourself… Anyone can do it says the feral to the warrior.

3 Likes

…what?

It’s not pessimism to say that using a dummy to test something is invalid. There are too many variables, regardless of being in a dungeon or on a dummy, for a few 3:30 fights to mean anything.

A sim is ten thousand iterations of a 5 +/-20 minute fight. It’s by far more accurate in every way.

Doesn’t matter what class you are

1 Like

So do it then.

I see now why you have over 1,400 posts. You like to see your own words on screen. Lol

1 Like

Not for nothing, and I really don’t care, as long as people are happy and having fun, play what you want.

That said, Drez is right. If you truly want to prove your point, a sim is infinitely more appropriate than a dummy test. Dummies are for making sure you can do your “rotation” … if you want to test differences in skills you should be simming.

1 Like

A sim is the best way to analyze and compare data
“So do it for us and prove it”

I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with any points made here, not taking sides. Just saying, if your only backing for what you are arguing is some 3 minute fights on a dummy, you don’t have an argument, and should consider doing actual research and testing.

Or don’t :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Pure Drivel…

1 Like

Not sure if you understand how simming works if you think a test dummy is remotely relevant to a sim…

1 Like

Thanks for reminding me why I’m better off just keeping what I find to myself. I can do everything I do, provide insight to things unseen, oh but I’m too stupid to know the value of Sims just because I didn’t offer one up as my first line of evidence?

Small minded doesn’t even begin to cover it…

3 Likes

Lmao.

Look at this guy liking his own posts.

Just check his “most liked” and “most like by” stats. Entrerii, Drezwazluz and Whim are either 3 individual people all following each other around the forums liking each others posts…Or it’s more likely one dude stroking his own ego.

2 Likes

Yikes.

It has nothing to do with being stupid? A dummy is not a valid way to point to something’s validity.

You do show a lack of understanding by, in response to my saying this, saying I’m simply being pessimistic, spouting drivel, calling what I’m saying cancer and crazy,

Run a sim and read the input. It will give real, valuable information that a dummy will not.
Why is this a controversial statement.

1 Like

The statement on its own isn’t controversial.

It’s you.

You’ve tainted your image.

You could come here and say “flowers sunshine and butterflies” and it would leave a sour taste in my mouth.

You gotta love it. A SIM will give REAL information that a test dummy will not. LOL

You are Attempting to troll from a position of superiority and all you do is show your child like, “everything is an absolute”, ignorance.

Personally I use sims, literally almost every day. I am the type of person that can spend as much time testing, tweaking, exploring, and experimenting as I do playing content.

Personally, I know where and when to use them. I also, understand how they work. I know for example they are constantly tweaked to improve accuracy which says to anyone that knows anything, they are not perfect. They are in fact, programmatic attempts to predict RNG which by definition is unpredictable :). Therefore, they are averages, not 100% exact numbers.

I also know that a Sim represents the optimal, theoretical, output of a given configuration. That is not the same as what you and I can do in-game.

I use Sims to identify “paths” to explore and as a guide as to what I should be able to do if I do it right. Then I use test dummies to show what “I” can actually do. In other words, what works best for ME. Sometimes, “I” am capable of replicating the same results as a Sim, sometimes, I am not. In the end, I go with what works for ME, not what the sim says “should” work for me. If there is one thing sims have taught me, it is that I am not a robot…

Then, sometimes, I share my experience with people. But guess what, whenever I do, despite the hours and hours of time, energy, and effort I put into it, I ALWAYS run into some wannabe that probably doesn’t even play my class that detracts from the point because they know more than everyone else in the world. The end result is that instead of others happening upon a post and seeing another perspective, they have to read through pages of drivel laced, “everything is an absolute”, and “is what it is because you say so” pompous word puke.

So thanks for proving me right. You jumped in like clockwork.

3 Likes

Ultimately, This is a game. Games are designed around having fun. I make this promise to all you non believers, You will have more fun playing predator.

It’s a fast action. high damage sh*t show from start to finish and I recommend everyone run at least one 10+ with a moc/Pred/sotf build.

I added a power aura to tigers fury’s cooldown with an audible cue that sounds like a sonar ping. Running dungeons with Pred sounds like the hunt for red October!

10/10 would recommend!

1 Like

A w e s o m e!

1 Like

Correcting misconceptions.

What I said was:

That’s the entire quote. Nowhere did I state that ALL top Ferals. It’s a blanket statement, meant in general terms.

It is a massive damage loss. On the boss. On Single Target. But you are correct, I did not point that out. I expected it to be an understood thought. Forgive me for expecting such a thing.

Tangul can do whatever he/she wants. So can you and any others. As I already stated. Min/maxing matters where you decide it matters. What you choose to use is up to you. I’ve already said this. Most of what you are picking at were blanket, general statements that were in no way intended as “THIS IS THE GOSPEL OF THE FERAL!” but were instead intended to provide information that someone can read and then decide on for themselves. If I was not PRECISE enough for you, which I usually am not as I don’t usually force agendas and it’s just not worth the time to type it all out, then my apologies.

A forum of this sort is the most terrible place to get into any kind of back and forth debate because there are always those who do what you have started to do in your arguments. ONE portion of someone’s comment is taken and twisted, or shown in a different light, or with the rest of the argument omitted, or taken out of context entirely. Or, the poster is targetted with an in general statement of “HAHAHA! You suck you sucky sucking sucker!” and treat it as a major point in your argument. You were better than this type of debate until recently. I don’t know what twisted your tail into being super aggressive and in your face and created the need to resort to these types of tactics. I won’t even say I don’t really care. Your public face turned from a reasonable voice into someone I will be forced to ignore going forward. It’s a shame really. Well, Godspeed to you.

3 Likes

No it is not… Not for everyone and not under all situations. Sorry it doesn’t fit your narrative.

I think massive may have been the wrong word, but a damage loss in ‘almost’ every situation is pretty clear. For you Sath, with your traits and gear ilvl, its not as bad as it is for others. Just doing a quick sim on your char swapping Pred for SbrT is an increase of almost 6%. Now, I don’t think you should as your build does wonders for trash pulls and probably easily makes up for this amount but what Nui said is something many other top ferals have commented about and personally agree with

For me as another (maybe more common example) 403 ilvl 2TF 1WF (cause im nvrlucky) going Pred from Saber is decrease in ST in over 12%. Again this is just our build/trait differences showing how much they come into play. As for making up for this damage during trash pulls? Well simming that shows that Pred over SbrT in a increase in just under 3%. It’s def. not worth it for me to take Pred over SrT.

tl;dr Unless you have the ilvl and traits to support it (and skill? By that I mean able to track empowered buffs on multi targets to know who to bite in what order) its almost always better to go SbrT over Pred.

3 Likes

Hey man, don’t get all butthurt because someone called you out on your shenanigans.

You straight up told a newcomer to feral to never use Predator with zero factual data to back your statement. Bad Druid! What you did was wrong! It’s tried and true spec that is inarguably proven to be better for M+ than sabertooth.

You can call my rebuttal aggressive all you wish. I don’t loose sleep over what other people think of me. I don’t care. What I do care about is people spreading lies.

I hit you with some knowledge today! You should be thankful.