Is feral really as bad as people say?

What type of fight are you selecting for your sim?

Because choosing Sbt for just 2 fights that last 2-3 minutes out of a 30-40 minute run hardly seems like a logical choice. In fact. It isn’t! I ran multiple sims on myself and on ssathyrr last night and they all put Pred at the top choice.

Are you just picking the default patchwerk boss fights for your sims?

Don’t do that…

So what arbitrary sim options did you choose? Trying to sim dungeons has always been a kind of pointless endeavour. And Sabertooth DOES crush predator if you’re running brutal slash and bloodtalons. But sure, with other talents, and with certain multi target scenarios, it’s close.

1 Like

I just knew someone would chime in on the brutal slash short bus! That’s why I included that build in my sims as well. It was dead last. DEAD LAST!

What type of sim did I use? Literally any other option that isn’t focus on single target dps. Have you run a mythic before? It doesn’t sound like it. Let me break it down for you. There’s A LOT of trash pulls with multiple targets, and More than 50% of the boss encounters have adds or multiple targets.

But yes… please enlighten me on why I should be choosing ST talents for a dungeon where swipe accounts for half my damage.

I mean yeah you won’t use it for dungeons, primal wrath probably always going to be better

It’s just pretty disingenuous to trust aoe sims when they rarely ever come close to matching the specific situations that actually occur in dungeons. It’s also exceptionally disingenuous to be that guy who put on his aoe talents and performed a sub par rotation on a target dummy and claimed that showed that one talent or another was better.

Looking at the stats, it’s clear that sabertooth performs better in the more single target focused dungeons, while predator is used a bit more often in the heavier aoe dungeons. I will also argue that there is a benefit on certain affixes for the ability to output increased focus target damage (aka bursting and bolstering will put you in situations where proccing your predator would be a detriment). Sabertooth is almost 100% used in raids.

Have you ran a mythic before? Looks like you’ve only ever dpsed a couple dungeons at +10.

2 Likes

That doesn’t seem like a fair assesment xD

Although I agreed with all your points, It can be hard to find spots for ferals over 10, I know I’ve had a lot of trouble finding groups

1 Like

You just answered your own question, Mr 12.

Youre late to this discussion so ill excuse your misunderstanding. But as far as the predator debate goes, We’re talking about dungeons. Not raids… at least I am.

Looking at the stats, it’s clear that sabertooth performs better in the more single target focused dungeons, while predator is used a bit more often in the heavier aoe dungeons.

All BFA dungeons are aoe dungeons. Reaping says hi. We’re not in Trial of the Champion, circa WLK. …The hell are you talking about?

Wildheart,

I have one honest question for you. Have you ever hit your sim dps in-game??

Askmrrobot mythic+ sim puts predator ahead…

All these one dimensional conversations = tiresome.

My overall point, without trying to argue with anyone is there is no end all be all. Anyone that speaks that way should be ignored. We have so much more flexibility than people realize. The problem is too many small minds get too much attention. The sheep follow and the independent thinkers get beat down…

I’d rather go down fighting than go b-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a.

Last one.

WIldheart,

And i’m not meaning to pick on you. You seem reasonable enough. I’m asking seriously. Do you regularly hit your sim dps on a boss fight? Can you even hit your sim dps on a test dummy?

I’d be willing to bet a wow token you can’t.

If you can’t, then why do you keep quoting them as the end all be all???

Honest question…

Feral is surprisingly good in M+ and middle of the road for raids. Unfortunately, its pretty much bottom of the barrel in terms of community perception.

2 Likes

Yes. Anyone can hit their sim dps.

1 Like

One of the best for boss damage, which for some reason a lot of people ignore…?

2 Likes

Not many ST fights anymore, especially not in Mythic. Im sure if all you do is Heroic or below, nobody would care if you play Feral.

Taloc, Fetid, Zul, Ghuun, Champions, Grong, Conclave. Mekka, Stormwall, Jaina?

1 Like

Well before BOD, Feral was pretty awful. And well, the BOD fights you linked… do you even play this game? Lol

Zul is a ST fight?

LMFAO!!!

(no. He doesnt play this game, he just sits in his mothers basement, trolling the forums, increasing his post count with garbage posts such at these, and then using that higher post count as a false validation for his ridiculous comments.)

You use the adds to gain single target. Throwing out a thrash right before crawgs die does not impede your single target, especially with the TF uptime.

A boss being patchwerk is not the same as your focus being single target.

Champions, you ignore the adds. Grong, you hit the boss, then melee burns 1/2 robots. You’re never hitting more than one target. Conclave, ranged handles raptors and you only hit one boss. Mekka is certainly single target. Stormwall, you never need to swap off the boss as melee, especially considering most raids bring at most 2-4 melee. Jaina, you fight jaina, then one by one Images, then jaina. There’s no reason to touch the ele.

2 Likes

For most fights Bal>Feral even to bosses and overall DPS, definitely doing better. Still Ranged>Melee in raids. The last 3 fights, I can see maybe using a Feral but you still have to get to them. For progression its much better to go Balance since many fights during that time require a 5th and sometimes even a 6th heal. There are other things melee can do that Feral cannot.

Still, I wouldnt mind seeing more Ferals in raids but its just always been the least taken melee since almost all of WoW.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/21#class=Druid&dataset=95&metric=bossdps

Really?

Yes, but that has nothing to do with what was being discussed…?

1 Like

I just liked all of Drez’s posts so Tical can have a mental midget breakdown and accuse us of being the same person again. Also comical considering every time someone disagreed with it, their first reaction was a personal insult.

To Ssath… neither Drez nor I said you were bad or dumb. However, for someone who claims to sim everything, you should be the last person to get upset when others point out a sim, and not a target dummy, would be a more valid form of support. And if you had just said, I find test dummies more reflective of actual dps, so be it, but you didn’t even bring that up until well after the entire point was made.

2 Likes