Is "Elitism" getting out of hand in WoW?

Dungeons with time limit and punishment for failure bound to raise elitism.

“HO~HO~ you didn’t even finished 20 lvl key in time, what a scrub”

Raiding is fine, casual guilds exist and they can just beat wall for hours and it’s been like this since forever.

Arena rating always had this elitism aspect, but it’s pvp and it’s good thing for pvp elitism to exist :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Deff true.

Our group quit doing the whole clump up on the side thing once we started doing higher keys. It’s nice for the charge phase, but once it goes into tantrum mode your entire team is off to one side while he’s flinging ticks on the other side.

Tanking him in the middle is perfectly acceptable and quite frankly much easier with the pre spread of bodies to smash them.

Does paint a telling picture of the dude you responded to though when he calls a tank trash for doing a perfectly acceptable kill strat on crag.

Besides if the guy wanted him to put his back against the wall he’d still be wrong. Most tanks that still do that strat setup in front of the bone cage and the other 4 stand to the right on that wall. Then there is the part about being smashed by his frontal cleave over and over because that strat pretty well forces you to eat it. I’d still take middle all day long and the extra second it takes to clean up the ticks and the avoided frontal cone damage.

This…Arena was straight cancer

it’s fine for arena players. They boil in their own juice. While M+ is mandatory for anyone who want gear. Also for arena players, cause pvp vendors are gone

1 Like

That is not the definition of elitism

Since gear caps at +10, its really skill that gets people to +25. So since I’m 413 on my hunter in +13s, there is very little that separates me gear-wise from those doing +25, but my dps of 19k is just not going to cut it up there.

One sort of easy way to see it is just to watch some of the MDI. The way they run those dungeons is just miles better than +13 teams; instant skips executed perfectly, 3-4 pulls at once when normal teams struggle with 1-2; interrupts on point every time even in big masses of mobs; it’s pretty impressive.

I think this is where raider IO really shines - without it you would probably never see a PuG get into any M+ over 15. Now at least people can be selected if they have provable relevant experience.

2 Likes

I see good point…

It was the worst in Vanilla. Imagine messing up in a 40 man and 39 other people start verbally abusing you in vent. :rofl:

I’ve been in numerous pug groups that still can’t steamroll that raid due to basic mechanics. Horrible players are horrible. So I don’t blame the raid lead for wanting pugs to at least have 380 to make up for how bad many players actually are.

People get welfare gear and are about equal ilvl’s as an actual heroic raider and think mechanics don’t matter, they can have all the welfare gear they want and many times they still have to follow mechanics.

People were verbally abusive on the group quests.

Good times…

Hmm, good question. Strokes beard and puffs pipe But, I counter with, is elitism getting out of hand everywhere? Like, literally, all places around the world. Hmm. Indeed. Quite.

1 Like

i counter your counter with my previous statement:

:thinking:

LOL!!! That made my day. :slight_smile:

Nothing new really,if you don’t fit in with their clique circle jerk you’re out.

1 Like

You’re in the Horde and expect no elitism?

While I will agree that there is much more content available (whether or not people actually enjoy doing it is a whole different topic), I’m not confused. I think that the current system over-rewards for the content that is completed. And I think it’s harming the game. Of course, that’s just my opinion, but it 100% isn’t confusion on my part.

2 Likes

People who complain about ‘elitists’ or ‘elitism’ plaguing the game honestly just need thicker skin

1 Like

Has nothing to do with thick skin.

Been kicked several times for showing up on my Disc Priest, sometimes they are nice enough to cuss me out before I get kicked.

That’s not elitism though, that’s just the current state of the gaming community we have here.