Is "Elitism" getting out of hand in WoW?

Sounds breast cancerous :grin:

1 Like

I think it does, people are so sensitive these days. I guarantee you if Jeff Kaplan did an interview similar to what he did for the Raid Design panel in 2005, people would be calling for him to be fired.

2 Likes

I guess so, we all have our own perspective on the issue

Just look at the Overwatch forums for five seconds, they make these forums look like the most mature platform that comes to mind.

1 Like

I dunno. I just feel that people in general have gotten way too soft. Anything you say can offend or be seen as disrespectful and you can lose your job and your life for it.

Kk. I’ll take a looksie.

He was so young.

I can’t. Goodness that was awful :joy:

1 Like

There is nothing soft about not liking someone being a d***. As I said earlier, there is a tactful way of telling someone that their ability is not up to par to help the group succeed.

1 Like

there, i fixed it for you.

i’d kick them too if it was anything but mythic. healers that just sit and heal in those island scenarios do nothing but waste space and make it take longer than it needs to be. my shaman’s resto, but at least i have the decency to go in on a dps spec. if you have problems staying alive in normal or heroic islands, you should try staying with the group or quit standing in BS.

Elitism isn’t always a bad thing.

Elitists helped me become better by insulting me about how bad I was at the game. So they helped me out.

If you don’t want to risk being grouped with an elitist, simply make friends and group with them instead. It’s really that simple here, guys…

1 Like

Shame is a great motivator, for sure.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s not something that I expect people to understand right away. But in retrospect, I certainly have to give a fraction of my gratitude to their brutal criticisms.

1 Like

Hey the lessons that stick the best are the ones where you’re publicly shamed for something.

I’m NEVER going to forget to use the parachutes in Gnomer again.

2 Likes

haha, yeah you learn where to jump off… and you don’t wanna “jump” per se- just walk off. the extra height from jumping can cause too much damage. =]

1 Like

How is earning gear for questing, harming anything but epeens? Seriously, a fresh 120 getting geared from quests is harming the game? No, it’s not. It’s you.

2 Likes

Get thick skin and no big deal. I view elitests as
Those that have shiity RL experiences, so doesn’t bother me if they spout off like losers.

2 Likes

There’s geared and there’s GEARED. Right now the reward from low-level content is so high (and even moreso when you’re lucky enough to roll 3 cherries on the slots and get a titanforge) that it practically eliminates all but the highest levels of progression. Progression is good for the game, it keeps people engaged and playing for longer.

When a player gets heroic raid geared from running world quests and warfronts so quickly (and you can get up to a heroic gear level from those) then they look to find something else to do since their current playstyle isn’t as rewarding as it once was.

What content is next for these players to get upgrades? Raid Finder? Normal? Heroic? Normal and Heroic dungeons? Mythic dungeons? Low-level mythic+ dungeons? None of those. Only mythic+10s and mythic raids will offer any upgrades (aside from a lucky warforge/titanforge).

And whether or not you agree, you can’t deny that there are currently a lot of people speaking out about how gearing seems to be out of whack right now. Yes, time-gating is no fun, but getting everything quickly from trivial content and then running out of rewarding things to do isn’t really all that fun for many players either.
And it’s showing.

2 Likes

Because when people say “have thicker skin” it indicates that I’m bothered by the slightest thing. My mentioning my profession was meant to be a segway in stating that in a profession that deals with people who are violent you cannot be bothered. That is what I meant.

1 Like

It still has absolutely nothing (what you do for a job) about your feelings getting hurt over a friend ignoring you…

1 Like