Is classic actually classic?

Come back on October 1st & watch how everyone says dungeons are too easy & they get bored by lvl 30 then quit.

They made classic wow play like retail. You guys have no idea how easy it’s going to be. It will be fool proof, the game will accomplish mistakes & there will be no danger. Everything will be easy.

It’s not about skill.

There’s no gear in the game that allows you to tank a boss 10+ higher levels then you. There’s no gear that lets you heal content 10 levels higher than you. There’s no gear that allows a dps to do any kind of damage to a mob 10 levels higher than you.

Someone doesn’t understand exponential growth and BiS.

The upside is, once the game releases, nobody here needs to see or listen to this drivel anymore.

2 Likes

As with many things, this IS true for the highest end raiding.

However at the casual player level it completely falls apart.

I was teasing out nuances of the combat mechanics in my third HOUR of play, nevermind my third year. Latency considerations, optimal openers, everything. And I’m really not hardcore about that stuff, I just do whatever is fun.

“Harder back then” only holds true for the best (high end raiders) and worst (folks who were 10 back then).

Talking about mob damage not mana regen.

1 Like

Or the fact that the weapons at a minimum was using Legion modifiers and not Vanilla at the time of the video. That means the weapons did more damage then they should have.

This was pointed out to Blizz back in June and on Jun 21st they acknowledged the bug and implemented a fix. So using a Beta test video containing a known bug as evidence that something in release will be easier than original is stupid.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/bug-instant-attack-normalization/200006/6

2 Likes

I would almost be OK with this.

1 Like

It isn’t drivel. Bookmark the thread. Come back in October. The general consensus will be that no cc is required, tanking is brainless, healing is brainless. You will see dungeons being ran quickly and without strategy, it will be mindless dungeons, no challenge, no fun.

I hope I’m wrong but I’ve tested the damage numbers myself and I’m really thinking they made classic easy to maximize profits. Retail players get the same difficulty and a new game/expansion that is classic. Veteran players come back because we love classic. They’re again trying to do what got us into this disaster: making the game so accessible that it becomes too simple and no longer a challenge. But blizzard doesn’t care because all they want is more subs. This strategy of implementation of classic is built to do that.

2 Likes

It was my favourite mmo. Much sadness.

I believe this. Blizzard just doesnt get the vanilla crowd and they never have. They have lost profits for years to private servers. Telling us we dont know what we want. Even now they are instituting stuff we dont want.

Vanilla is dead. For those playing Classic. It’s a small fraction of what Vanilla was.

Lmao, the entitlement and whining is astounding.

2 Likes

Then don’t play and don’t come to the classic boards and whine…

2 Likes

Vanilla was not hard. It was new and everyone sucked. Final fantasy was hard. If you agro a mob one shot death. Wow was made for casuals. Retail isnt easier other than way tanks threat works.

1 Like

“everyone” ? There were some pretty hardcore EQ players that came to wow…lots of them and they knew how to play MMO’s.

They weren’t on my servers. I couldn’t believe the first stratholme i did. I was like really do you guys not know what cc is.

Well I would imagine they came over as guilds and played together.

I rest my case- the patch that pretty much ruined the game is not the one I’d have chosen. I hope we don’t have xrealm BGs, but at this point I’m not going to hope too hard.

Vanilla was never difficult.

The more people say vanilla was hard. The more i know they never played it. The more you argue. The more you make the point.

1 Like

You’re wrong and you don’t understand how twinking worked. TBH they had more trouble with what they were doing considering how geared they were.