Is classic actually classic?

Is Classic actually Vanilla? NO.

Is Classic actually Classic? YES. Classic defines ‘Classic.’

for some reason a lot with xp something for the first time in their life, is how i see my feelings

will* not with

That’s not true. 1.12 was still a pretty significant patch for Vanilla that gave us Cross-Realm Battlegrounds and World PvP objectives in Silithus and Eastern Plaguelands (where the Towers were put in to be objectives).

The BC Pre-Patch, 2.0.1, released a few months later ahead of Burning Crusade.

When I played the final stress test, starting around level ten (the beginning of the second zone), I needed to drink to recover mana after almost every fight if I didn’t want to wait for passive regeneration; prior to level ten I could kill two or three mobs without any thoughts regarding mana. I think the level one to ten zones are probably just easier by design as those zones are where players learn the game and the basics of their class.

This sounds about right, i remember during Vanilla once you get to Westfall… Or the eastern part of Elwynn Forest… The Mobs ramp up… and you needed to be your toes, else you died… stress tested relearned that fact… lol. 3 deaths… in rapid succession. lol

I played through Elwynn Forest and the beginning of Westfall for the last stress test and right around the beginning of Westfall is when I felt the challenge increase; during Elwynn Forest I actually thought my mana supply was oddly not an issue, and then when I hit Westfall it was like my mana pool was smacked upside the head. :laughing:

what rank spell were you using rank 1 or 2, that might be where you went wrong… gotta remember there are ranks for a reason… another + with classic, you gotta think about what your doing… i so missed this game.

1 Like

well i mean in 2004-2006 a lot of people didnt know all the strategies and gameplay mechanics as well as they do today, and their computers on average were not as good as ours are today, and might not even be able to achieve 30 fps. the numbers are all the same, its just the people and knowledge that have improved.

1 Like

I had the two most recent ranks of my spells on my hot bars; the rank I used depended on how much I needed to damage or heal at the time as well as my current mana.

EQ players were leagues ahead of new to MMO players.
They were already hardcore.

2 Likes

Ah, now I see the problem, your a priest or a druid… yeah drink up … LOL (my main will be a paladin)

1 Like

I watched like 30 seconds, back to back 230ish hits, and he has 2200 HP, fully loaded out with consumables, and ‘bis’ gear they spents hours and hours grinding out.

PSA FOLKS: Your Warrior tank at 30 will not have that HP, nor Gear, and WILL die.

2 Likes

plus…what player will have a minion of followers funneling good gear to them ?

God I hope this is just a low effort troll post.

Asmongold’s group were all BiS for their level. Nobody is going to have this kind of gear at that level. Literally nobody because they would level past 30 just spending the effort to get all that stuff.

Beyond that though, if you don’t like it, don’t play. Why keep making these cringe fest posts, telling people to come back on October 1st? What’s October 1st?
Nobody is going to bookmark this, unless it’s to come back here and see a real tin foil hat moron put on a clinic on how to be a Cringe-Master. Either shut up and play, or leave.

2 Likes

Well…thats going to be the whole basis for the faerlina economy really.

1 Like

I have to admit; players used to healing chains, pullers, splitters, CC classes etc, felt like WoW was just so easy.

Coming from EQ I loved how hard those above points were but, I also loved that I could go out on my own and get something done with only 30 minutes played, I enjoyed the fact that mobs would not chase me forever or at least until I zoned.

The auction house
Not losing xp upon death
Not losing my body upon death ( Yes, there were places were this really did happen )
Having to carry food and drink always

So, looking back now EQ did seem far more hardcore than WoW.

Those players took to WoW very quickly compared to people just getting their first taste of an MMO.

I was soloing as a priest. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Honestly, the fact that I was soloing as a priest and didn’t feel a strain on my mana is what piqued my curiosity… until I hit Westfall and everything felt as I remembered it. :wink:

Because the players in question were capped at level 30 and had already grinded out their BIS (lvl30) gear (and were using consumables). They were basically twinks.

Grats to them on having nearly twice the damage, healing, and HP of normal players at that level.

Also, vanilla wasn’t that hard. Stop pretending it was hardcore, when WoW was always the casual MMO.

2 Likes

If they did that, then the Classic forums wouldn’t be full of what can only be politely described as a close comparison to a Port-a-potty on a hot day, at a busy Curry festival.