Is BM as bad as it appears?

The dps is ok, single target is pretty good. Solo play is kind of annoying right now because while we CAN pull the map around us and kite/kill, it’s considerably harder now that…

1. pets have no leach and you have to constantly heal them
  2. pets have no freakin agro on anything

Yeah, I’ll acknowledge I was a bit fed up, he had been harassing me and several other people, I already did ignore him though.

2 Likes

its super bad the aoe

Lying about harassment is pretty cringe.

Telling you and other people that you’re underperforming isn’t based on spec tuning isn’t harassment.

Can’t say I saw much of this if any at all in DF they seemed pretty on the money usually

Azortharion’s guides seem to disagree with you

I was playing BM hunter in rated and was fighting a discipline priest at a flag for 5-10 min along with a tank monk I believe trying to 2v1 this priest and it just healed itself alive for the entire bg, no one else came, and match ended with it doing like 120m healing, 3x the next person.

Is Haste/Vers just not what I should be going for with my pvp gear?

Tried a couple mythics today and I was most of the time doing less damage in aoe than the tank…

ST is fine

To keep the fire burning it needs fuel. If you want to stop a fire you need to stop feeding it. There’s times I want to throw my own logs on the fire, but I remember all it will do is cause it to spread further.

You’re right, feeding trolls keeps em around.

I was talking about “fire”. No one is “trolling” by someone’s side of the story.

Of course, fires. I was being metaphorical.

Then should probably work on your aoe rotation/stats.

Calling people trolls because you can’t refute points made is cringe.

whatever we say about BMs performance, the reality is that the general assumption by the player base at large is that BM sucks big time
This in turn makes getting into Ms very difficult and M+s impossible.
I spent today trying to run Ms only to be constantly declined because why bring along a very sub par spec when you can bring any other class to outperform us.
GG Blizz, once again you made this game less fun as always.

Start your own group.

Or swap specs to MM

The teir list that Wowhead also posted will have an impact as many will see BM at the bottom, and jump to that it’s bottom for damage.

Even after buffs BM will need to climb it’s way up unless it’s so over tuned that it over preforming.

The general population of players make quick decisions and if you’re not on top you get left behind.

2 Likes

You have no points worth refuting. When you start with the premise that BM is a ST-only spec you immediately show that you have no idea what you’re talking about, since there have been many times when BM had better AoE damage than ST. Did you start playing BM yesterday? Just goes to show that even people who raid at the CE level can have no idea about how things in this game work.

And yes, our AoE is demonstrably bad. Which was the entire point of this thread. But you seem hell-bent on arguing otherwise when it’s clear as day that you’re wrong. Hence, you get called a troll.

Just because you can’t doesn’t mean they aren’t worth refuting.

Considering I never said that you immediately show you can’t read.

I said BM is a primarily ST focused. I never said it doesn’t have aoe.

Name two.

Nope been playing it off and on since legion.

Considering you didnt read what I actually said you might want to delete this.

Never said it wasn’t. Again proving you didnt actually read.

Considering you can’t even understand what I’m arguing is hilarious.

I never said BM aoe was good. I said it’s not tank level bad which is what people were saying.

Learn what context is

I get called a troll because you and multiple other people can’t understand the difference that me saying BM isn’t doing tank levels of damage is the same as saying BM aoe is fine.

BM AOE is not tank levels of bad, but it’s definitely handicapped as compared to most DPS.

BM AOE needs serious help.

I think both things can easily be true.

I get what you’re saying on the former and anecdotally agree from my own runs, where I switch to Survival out of embarrassment.

And I’m not disputing that. I’m only disputing the people that say they are doing tank levels of damage because of a bm issue.

It’s a player issue exasperated by the aoe tuning.

I think sv is a nice change of pace. And if people don’t want to go melee they can go mm temporarily