Is BM as bad as it appears?

So I’ve always liked BM for being chill and capable for soloing stuff, which I like doing. I couldn’t care less about M+ or raid DPS rankings.

I did read the prepatch nerfs and they sounded really bad. Also, our Hero talents (specifically Black Arrow) sounded… uninspiring.

But I’m having a chance now to compare with other classes like Unholy DK and it seems like BM DPS is so bad, much worse than I expected, to the point where I want to shelve my BMs for a patch or two and play some other class.

Because this just isn’t fun.

3 Likes

Mind you they also nerfed pet leech from 15% to 6% and now your pet dies while leveling if you pull more than 3 mobs, enjoy :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

I am feeling fine on BM (tho MM is a little more snappy at this stage of gear). Misdirect is a little more important, as is mend pet. Nothing a couple macros and keybinds can’t fix. Have not encountered anything I can’t handle efficiently yet, and enjoying using more toolkit than in the past couple xpacs. I think you’re going to see a big range of experiences here, primarily between people who have played hunter in “Hunter is crap” xpacs before and people who have mostly played hunter when it’s in a breezier state. The playstyle right now does require more attention and it’s totally fair if the results are not worth the cost benefit to you because the DPS certainly can be lackluster compared to other ranged options.

Worse. And the buffs Tuesday won’t help. In raid you will be fine.

BM was doing 45% more damage than the next class in prepatch. The nerfs were pretty warranted.

The biggest issue is that instead of needing basilisk collar they nerfed everything. Which is affecting aoe.

While BM will be strong ST wise it’s aoe is behind MM and Survival and honestly it should be.

It’s not doing rank levels of damage it’s still playable.

1 Like

Wasn’t that because Lacerate was bugged? So we got a bugfix and a nerf on top of it?

Which is kind of a problem because AOE is all we had. With the talents your only option is a Cleave build. This makes our Hero talents more perplexing because Black ARrow is really a single target ability. And we lost Death Chakram.

4 Likes

No it isn’t. Most people weren’t even running anything but 1 minute single target spec for most of prepatch.

Bm is primarily a single target spec.

I literally have two single target builds on my BM hunter right now.

1 minute and a 2 minute build just for single target.

Single target will be strong especially with pi.

And gained explosive shot.

I know absolutely nothing about the current state of BM or even hunters for that matter… but I wanted to comment because Kekmor said “I COULDN’T care less”… and I think that’s just extraordinary. Finally someone who says it correctly. TY sir. You valiant grammatical hero.

7 Likes

BM is pretty bad right now.

15 Likes

M8, are you geting paid from Blizzard for your posts? Just wondering…

2 Likes

Why exactly should it be behind Surv/MM in AOE? Just because it does good single target damage? That in and of itself is also a lie as both Surv and MM are right there in single target and yet don’t have a massive drop off in AOE.

Just admit you have a bias against BM. And btw I’ve played Surv and it’s just as brain dead a rotation so please do away with that argument as well.

If you think mm is right there in st I’d like whatever crack you’re smoking

1 Like

It’s really really boring this time, and hits like a limp noodle.

Yeah it is. So in the content I do PVP its bad MM by far out performs it damage wise single or AOE. Survival is also better than BM as well. I will unless changes happen stick to those two specs there. This hasn’t changed since the final days of TWW Beta.

Mythic Plus its also bad there and was messaged by my friends that I am going to do Mythic plus with if I could avoid BM. They were the ones I did Mythic plus with on beta too and on live it is showing its underperforming in the dungeons you can do now.

Delves you are better off being Survival it will finish it much faster than BM but BM will complete it.

EDIT: I just woke up and realized I said this already in another thread. My bad. It’s relevant so I will leave it.

Well we know how badass the spec will be once we get to season 4 level of sidestats again… too bad thats 18+ months away

No. The issue is people got used to their damage when bm was vastly over tuned and now that it’s back more in line people think it’s under tuned.

1 Like

Do you not understand that each spec as a pure has its own niche?

Survival and MM are more aoe focused specs. If you have the ST spec doing more aoe than the aoe specs then there’s zero reason for anyone to play the AoE specs.

Survival and MM are NOT the same ST as BM is right now.

This ^

I never made that argument. I main spec BM. Just admit you have zero clue what you’re talking about.

1 Like

Since when? BM hasn’t felt this bad by a mile since at least the first patch of SL. That’s at least 8 seasons in a row of BM feeling better than it is now.

7 Likes

BM doesn’t feel bad. It feels great in ST

Aoe feels the exact same as DF it’s just number wise different.

Are you stacking haste?

Look at the pure ST raid sims which is where you claim BM is supposed to shine and the others shouldn’t.

BM - Dark Ranger: 1.46M
MM - Sentinel: 1.336M
SV - Sentinel: 1.450M

Compare that to the AOE sims and BM isn’t even in the same ballpark. To act like this is properly tuned is insane.

3 Likes