Is Blizzard spiteful like that?

I think it’s partly spite and partly pride. When they have to remove or undo a decision because the vast majority of the playerbase hates it they look like idiots. They don’t want to do that. That’s why they don’t just remove titanforging, but give corruption or return flying but give pathfinder. It’s to save face.

That said pathfinder has a lot of spite in it. They don’t like being wrong, and that’s why they continue to gate pathfinder knowing it should be unlockable at launch at however fast the player wants.

Pathfinder should just be
-hit max
-explore all new areas
-complete the quest line
-if reps are a requirement, ensure there is a tough, but fair way to grind all the way there within like 2 months max.

Them keeping it gated that much is spite.

17 Likes

Nah, I take my sweet time.
Expansions are meant to last until the next expansion, average 1.5-2 years.
Not a couple of months which is what a lot of people here seem to want lol

1 Like

this is literally what you do.

The only difference is part 1 and 2 being dependent on patches lol
It’s spaced out because you have more zones to do, more story, more rep.

You literally just laid out how they do pathfinder already, minus having to wait for a patch lol

1 Like

Nearly a full year.

4 Likes

False dilemma. Flying could be made free and instantly obtainable.

8 Likes

Well, what I’ve done for the last couple of expansions is play at start, get a toon or two to max level by questing (so getting rep and loremaster of the new areas) and then unsub until they bring flying back. At that point I resub and work mainly on rep for flying, then level alts and see what I want to play.

You can’t unlock it within two months so it’s not.

And I can’t fly at all until I have both

That’s the entire point… I have to wait a patch.

If pathfinder part one unlocked flying in Zuldazar and Kul Tiras and part two unlocked Naj and Mechagon then fine, but it’s not that way!

9 Likes

Did this for BFA, 23 days exactly to get flying

Every “improvement” players ask for comes with a cost now, and ends up being a wash at best.

Elitists screamed and cried for 2 expansions that titanforging had broken the game and needed to be removed. And so we got…corrupted gear, more layers of rng.

“Beta for Azeroth: You’ll be sorry you complained.”

5 Likes

In the past Blizzard developed higher quality content, and despite flying in say TBC/WotLK, people still engaged in it.

11 Likes

What I don’t understand is how could WoW ever have flight removed, considering how many mounts are clearly designed to fly?

1 Like

Except TBC was bad and WOTLK is responsible for the rise of the zoomer group that wants everything handed to them. It was also the expansion that made everything over-powered.

Cata heroics were what got me into tanking and healing after only ever playing DPS. Those instant queues! First tank ever - Goblin Blood DK.

Nope. As an example in the situation you listed, they were going to remove flight to remedy a trend they saw. They introduced pathfinder to keep flying and remedy that trend.

2 Likes

Prior to wod there were flying mounts and ground mounts. Ground mounts didn’t fly, and some flying mounts didn’t do ground travel. They fixed flying only mounts so they would skim on the ground and could be used while permanently stuck on the ground, which was their plan.

1 Like

Wrath had zones you couldn’t complete without flying, Cata was designed with flying in mind. MoP head flying at max level, they gave us two daiies islands. It’s not like Blizzard has any rules that’s state if you get flying at max level that you can’t get new zones find doesn’t hold me back from creating new zones 4 us only they do.

The only limitations on flying are those that blizzard imposes The only limitations on flying are those that blizzard imposes themselves. It doesn’t have to be one of the other even though you are trying to make it seem that way

7 Likes

When it was current it was pretty amazing, imo.
The only major complaint that comes to mind would be how bad the quest gear looked.

4 Likes

The zones were cool, everything else was fairly basic for me.

:rofl:

Lots of players have a hard time keeping a few thousand gold. Making flying gold and keeping up with inflation would be a poop show on the forums.

I think Pathfinder is more accessible, for some reason lots of players just find the gold making in WoW to be hard.

1 Like

Blizzard is a collection of people, so, spiteful and lacking in honesty as some decisions made by Blizzard have been, I would not call Blizzard spiteful.

People come in all varieties, and I’m sure you’d find employees there with a multitude of good qualities too.

1 Like