Is Blizzard spiteful like that?

Sorry, but what does NTM stand for? I Googled and only found it can stand for ‘not too much’ or Nontuberculous mycobacteria. :rofl:

Not to mention

1 Like

5k for “flight” in BC was beyond most people’s reach. With inflation I think it’d be closer to 100k/toon. I’d much rather them just make it half a mil for account wide. With pathfinder still being an option in 9.2.

Thank you. :slight_smile: I always feel like a boomer when I have to ask questions like that. :wink:

Even in MoP, as a newb granted, I thought flying was expensive at the time.

Don’t settle for flying in 9.2 All it takes is a new developer to read the forums, care about customers (not playtime metrics) and make the damn change once you hit max level - you get flying back.

5k for 280, what most people consider “flight” in BC was months, if not a year+ of quest grinding etc. It was by no means accessible to the masses. I agree I think they should bring back purchased flight from a vendor, but I definitely want it account wide. I’ve already spent over 250k on flight for various toons, I’d rather not it be a 20-100k purchase on 15 toons.

Out of curiosity, when you invent these scenarios where these people you don’t know feel specifically spiteful towards you and act accordingly, do you stop there? Or do you go all out and picture the specific conversations and meetings and lunches? Do you picture some of them with funny mustaches or silly hats? Are you a fly on the wall when you listen in on their lives and thoughts and feelings? Maybe you act out their conversations with action figures to make sure you get them right? :rofl:

I would say there was some measure of spite from Blizzard when they reintroduced flight with the pathfinder restrictions.

2 Likes

they called it a compromise but did they even ask the players what WE wanted did they do a poll or send out a mass email or even go out on twitter and the other social media they use more than their OFFICIAL forums and even try to get our opinions? in a word NO they didn’t

they made a unilateral decision on their own and when it blew up in their faces they then tried to act like it was our fault

PF was NO compromise it was an ultimatum

5 Likes

Where does it say anything about

it doesn’t say anything about that. Just because you get a mount that can fly doesn’t mean it’s false advertising. There are other areas in the game that you can fly.

1 Like

To be fair, while technically true, I imagine most players reading something like that would assume it was a reference to manual flight, controlled by players (not via flight masters and paths).

4 Likes

Swoop down from the dark night skies.

lol nope nothing about flying at all

6 Likes

Well of course they sold it with the assumption that flying would be part of it, that is why there was fuss. Once players started asking where the flying was, the CS blue poster at the time, took a long time to finally announce “no flying in WoD and beyond.” They knew full well they were selling the xpac with flying attached and then for money saving measures (the excuse at the time was design limitations = they did not have the money or talent to make flying in WoD) they took flying out. Had to add it back in via the invention of PF and continue it today out of spite. We see through that clearly. That is the only reason why it is still in WoD and Legion and why it was added to BFA.

2 Likes

They’re a Blizzdrone, ignore them. Best thing you can do.

Nothing about Draenor, that’s for sure. Nothing about what you claimed it said. lol

I know. It’s just fun to watch the gymnastics without turning on the TV. :smiley:

Except at the top where it states

“Enhance your adventures in Draenor with . . .” And one of the with in game is the swooping down mount. lol.

I’ll give that floor routine a 8.5 you’re going to have to do better than that to get into the 9’s

4 Likes

Are you telling me that in WoD we couldn’t use flying mounts as ground mounts?

There is a reason this doesn’t specifically state Dreanor in this excerpt. It is misleading, but not false advertising. It’s no different than cell phone companies posting coverage area maps to mislead the consumer, but has fine print that states *map not a depiction of actual coverage

It is a shady business practice, but not false advertising

You couldn’t swoop down from the dark night skies with what they originally planned.