Is Blizzard spiteful like that?

Did you base your statements on any actual proof?

1 Like

Originally WoD was advertised with flying, people pre-purchased it that way and someone at blizzard then broke that promise, they were called on the deception, invented PF and continue to use it today out of spite with the new addition it is to make you enjoy the art work and spread out content in an inflated manner.

4 Likes

yeah it even said on the box art soar over the skies of DRAENOR it didnā€™t say anything about being limited to content that came before it but yet Blizzard adamantly defended themselves saying there was no ā€œdeceptive marketingā€ when they sold WoD

4 Likes

I donā€™t think it was intended so much as a gold sink but as a deterrent to keep players from rerolling azerite gear frequently to min/max between fights or switch from tank/heals to dps and back. They used a gold sink to act as a deterrent.

What it leads to is getting multiple sets of azerite gear, which is typically based on RNG drops. That RNG can timegate how quickly you can easily switch azerite by a random amount based on luck. The devs do love their RNG and timegates.

Even if flight were not in the game you could still soar the skies on flight paths in Draenor.

Actually it said over the skies on, the mount name, which came with the expansion. Canā€™t remember the mounts name. So yes it was clearly false advertising.

2 Likes

You got a picture of this? I canā€™t seem to find a single thing online that describes anything you just said.

Sadly it was on the old boards but I will take a look to see if I can locate it. The reason I know it was on the old boards is I posted it several times for the blizzard defenders at the time of WOD.

Found it.
Letā€™s see if I can post the link

Remove the spaces after the // and before the png

Edit: looks like I can see it if you canā€™t please let me know.

1 Like

My opinion is that pathfinder is overall ok but needs a tweak. Blizzardā€™s stance was to make everyone see the Devs hard work, thus pathfinder should only consist of ā€œloremasterā€ of said xpac and ā€œExploreā€ all zones in xpac. It should all be able to be complete on day one. I do not feel it is out of spite, more of an out of touch with the player base thing.

2 Likes

I just acquired that mount from the Vale a day or two agoā€¦ A recolor but now that I know what itā€™s a recolor of I donā€™t feel as special. :frowning:

Itā€™s still special because you earned it. I just bought it, although I do like it. But I understand.

Itā€™s like my ghostly moose. Love him because I dug a lot of archeology sites to get him.

1 Like

You donā€™t need a weatherman to tell you itā€™s raining.

2 Likes

Sadly with Blizzardā€™s lawyer speak, it never states when you could fly in that image. Unless that was before they designed pathfinder, but then again lawyer speak also never stated the zones you could fly in so technically not false advertising, even though I donā€™t agree with the current pathfinder model.

As I explained to the Blizzardā€™s defenders at the time. It specifically states enhance your adventure in Draenor. Clearly it was meant to fly there and advertises as such.

They worst part is, IMO, they released and advertised it that way knowing they were not going to allow flying in WOD. Pathfinder only came about because of lost subs and outrage.

4 Likes

Yeah I get all that, but use of the mount even on the ground could be defined as ā€œenhancing your adventureā€ it was left vague for a reason, to prevent false advertising.

Not defending them, but false advertising is a stretch as they clearly messed up with pathfinder

PF was not designed, nor was it planned out in WoD, it was an on the fly invention at the moment because they were caught lying. They have kept it out of pure spite.

No reason to compromise with a few people on the dev team that got caught with lying.

PF is not a compromise, never did the anyone come to the forums and dialog with the customers about lying and how to fix it.

4 Likes

NTM advertising the Runesaber ($25 USD) by showing it flying in Draenor, specifically, Shadowmoon.

LOL.

3 Likes

I forgot about that. Yep.

NTM the terms of Pathfinger change with every expansion. ā€œCompromiseā€ requires mutual agreement to fixed terms.

Where, as here, the terms are subject to the unilateral whim of one ā€œsideā€ of the putative ā€œcompromiseā€ there is no actual compromise at all, just an ultimatum, which is all Pathfinger is. Do it or forget using the flying mounts youā€™ve had since 2007.

5 Likes