Is Blizzard spiteful like that?

You’re freaking nuts if you think that the people who sign the checks give even a moment’s thought to what a bunch of nerds whine about on the internet.

1 Like

That was the entirety of Ion’s communication in the early days of BfA. Was almost funny seeing what he considered an effective way of addressing concerns.

I know you guys hate this, but you’re wrong and here’s why…

4 Likes

This argument is extremely fallacious.

There are always going to be a portion of people complaining that the game is bad. What you should be looking at is the VOLUME of players saying so.

It is absolutely undeniable that there are far more players with a negative opinion on BfA than there were for expansions like Wrath.

I’m sick of seeing this fallacy thrown about everywhere. People like you assume that the playerbase is a monolith, and then cherry pick responses to support your contrived opinion of said monolith.

8 Likes

I’m sick of seeing this statement everywhere without you know, datapoints .

Although anecdotal, in my experience on Emerald Dream, the population has definitely decreased since the launch of BFA. This was very apparent in regard to entire guilds falling about quite rapidly. And with the release of Classic, things only have gotten worse. There has been somewhat of an uptick since 8.3, however, which is nice to see.

The above seems to be the experience many players, from varying servers, are and have experienced.

I’m not sure where you expect anyone to come up with datapoints regarding BFA’s popularity?

1 Like

They can’t, I’m being facetious.
Truth is, nobody knows for sure how many actually like the game or not since you would need to poll every player.

You have people who assume that people who have left the game did so because they’re unhappy, but they conveniently forget the myriad of other reasons people leave mmos all the time.

Big Love Rocket. I have well over 500 runs over the last decade and not once have I seen anyone get it.

It took me well over 900 runs to get the Headless Horseman mount.

No single item should take that long to drop, as this is just obscene and shows that they have arbitrarily placed limits on how frequently you can get something. It becomes even more ridiculous with the fact that they added the 10 per hour instance lockout to the random dungeon finder.

3 Likes

… Lucky. slowly walks away pouting about thousands of kills and no mount

“There’s always next year”

10 years later… no, no there’s not. /never logs in again.

2 Likes

To be fair it’s kind of lame looking. :wink: I do like the love rocket though.

I don’t think the entire game is designed the way it is out of spite – I think that’s more incompetence and inability to create good content.

However, the focus on Pathfinger, the increasingly longer delays between Parts 1 and 2 – and then, the inevitable nerf to (8.3)/prohibition of (7.3) flight in the following patch – that is spite. Some folks on the dev team are still bitter that players refuse to play this game without flight and that more and more players are sick and tired of Pathfinger, particularly since there are legacy Pathfingers.

5 Likes

I don’t believe the game as a whole is one giant spiteful gesture. However I feel that there a couple things that the developers are stubborn about, like the whole paying gold for rerolling Azerite, flying and a couple other things. I feel Blizzard misses the mark sometimes by remaining head strong and not pivoting when it would benefit them and the players the most.

5 Likes

The question can be succinctly answered with “Pathfinding”

“If people hate it, that means it’s good!”

Yes. Blizzard is spiteful to their fanbase.

6 Likes

Misconception.

I was unaware at the time of the azerite reforging nerf. How exactly was that spiteful?

People were asking for the removal of the reroll cost. Instead Blizzard decided to keep it.

Aside from keeping it, did they lower the cost or something?

No I believe they changed how quick the cost resets or something of that nature. So the cost is still there but if you’re rerolling often it wouldn’t cost nearly as much over time.

Still, the cost can add up very quickly, unfortunately. I imagine it was intended as a gold sink, but it sinks everyone’s gold, not only the 1% of WoW’s wealthy players.

You just made up both perspective and motivation for people you don’t know out of thin air. It takes a fine blend of narcissism and paranoia to proclaim these things as facts but, regardless, they aren’t true.

1 Like

Yep, yep, I’m a narcissist and what I wrote is totally untrue, in fact so far beyond the pale of possibilities I shouldn’t even have mentioned it.

PS: I have some swampland in Florida for sale cheap.

2 Likes