Is Blizzard ever going to address the bad implementation of the Community Council?

To be honest I don’t even know. The only time a blue has ever posted in there was in their own threads to say “Hey we’ve made this change, give us your feedback so we can effectively ignore it. :)”, make a post about future content, or make the 1 or 2 chance of appearing in a thread about current content raiding, PvP, or M+. Never seen them post in some of the best, well thought out suggestion threads I’ve seen from fellow CC members.

Kaivax and Linxy posted recently, Kaivax did a thread about the legendary BLP changes.

However, it feels like they only provide news and that’s all.

My current concern with Noble Garden, Last Live Chat with the council, someone asked about the hallow’s end RNG drop, then Love is in the air new saddle really low RNG…without any sort of BLP.

Are we going to see the same for the mounts in Noble Garden?

Effectively what I posted above yours. They only ever respond to current content raiding, M+ or PvP issues.

1 Like

Did you get a chance to read this Dev discussion about sharding and layering? It is worth reading just to learn more about the Tech development history for WoW.

I believe one of those was me! :> I asked about Arfus and the future of low drop rate content and if we could potentially see previous years rewards added to the event currency vendor for the following year.

3 Likes

I read through it a bit and I’m hoping that they aren’t just looking to keep a fix for it on classic. Like it say’s the original person who created the sharding tech no longer works and blizzard and I feel like they failed to properly maintain the tech over the years. So now we’re having issues left and right with it. :dracthyr_cry_animated:

I hope if they do a fix for classic that fix is copied over to retail.

1 Like

The community council is more of a joke than the old MVP program was. It was just a PR move for Blizzard - “see guys, we’re listening”. The community council offers less than the old MVP Gnome who admittedly didn’t even play the game. lol

3 Likes

Yeah…Usually those take priority and I understand but they could also take a look to other topics and address that feedback in small patches.

Some players (including me) had done threads in every ptr asking for BFA fixes…still nothing. I hope we can have some raid mechanics and updates before the next expansion.

I know there’s resource, time managment in the middle but it feels weird that some common topics take years before Blizzard do something…

Congrats you’re possibly the 5,000th+ person to ever say something like this! Here’s a cupie doll in your likeness.
/s

bah I don’t remember his name… but you’re talking about the warrior gnome correct?

Huggywuggles? That goes back a long time I think before I did anything with the WoW MVP program. I remember something about that…

Remember, the forum MVP program is about forum posters, not about expertise in a particular game. TS/CS MVPs don’t even have to actively play a game to help folks install things, read WinMTRs, install new drivers, answer CS questions on the support systems/policies, etc.

1 Like

I wasn’t seeking your approval but thanks.

I believe he was, yes.

No. It started with a C, I just can’t name him because I’ll be spam reported, as usual.

He did none of that. lol

1 Like

Wasn’t being serious.

Usually added when someone’s trying to be silly which apparently wasn’t seen. Maybe I should just type /silly next time. :dracthyr_shrug:

1 Like

Okay, okay. You twisted my arm. I’ll join the CC. But I have certain demands that must be met before I deem the CC worthy of my presence:

1. I must have a unique colour of text that distinguishes me from all the other CC members.
  2. My text must have a glitter sparkle affect on it.
  3. My text must be forcibly played as text to speech on any device that views it.
  4. A checkbox must appear that you must tick indicating that you 100% agree with everything I said before you are allowed to post in my threads.
  5. No one with less than 30k achievement points is allowed to respond to any of my posts.

Oh we’re playing give and take?

Ok you can join. But you’ll have to abandon your hidden status. All must be able to gaze upon your post history and know the real you. :dracthyr_nod:

1 Like

Omg ,ah :worried:

The CC was just a PR stunt. Time for MS to delete it and move on.

2 Likes

Money and effort would be better spent on focus groups and surveys for things other than how ridiculously they can price an expansion.

As for the forums, and to a lessor extent the CC, the big problem is signal to noise.

The problem with the CC is probably the vetting process and the incident early on where they kicked someone off. Created an atmosphere more akin to corporate media cheerleaders instead of a litmus test for ideas and constructive criticism.

I suspect internally they rely on activity participation which could indicate they have a good design that people like to play or it could mean they’re only figuring out what our favorite flavor of carrots are. And that would probably create culture problems with people fighting to get the best carrots instead of making the best designs.

That may be,but I see they are giving a honest take. I don’t go to their forum to know exactly what they are doing there but do know from time to time they do venture here for info.from players at least they do that.

I disagree most are just white knights and yes men.