Is AV Zerg really the version blizzard is releasing!?

they comfirmed it since the begining of classic development when they said they will be using 1.12 patch data

1 Like

undead mage

They also confirmed many years ago, multiple times, that we would not be getting vanilla back.

And you still haven’t. You’ve got Classic, which has vanilla systems with modern players. It will never be 2004 again, unless you hop in a Delorian and source 1.21 gigawatts of power.

1 Like

1.21 Gigawatts?!

I just want an AV with PvP in it. I guess that’s not going to happen.

Honesty, Blizz hit the nail on the head accidently by sticking with 1.12. AV zerg will be another “catch-up” mechanic to those who are a part of pre-mades.

Why not just give us the anniversary AV?

Seriously why is this even a debate?

If you want fast games etc then play WSG/AB. That’s what those are for, AV is not.

1 Like

I came back and chose Alliance purely for old AV. If you ruin this for me blizz, I’m out with the rest that are going to leave.

1 Like

Yeah, brought a buddy to Wow and am really disappointed he won’t get to experience av in that particular glory. As alowbies it was a lot of fun gather the supplies for the wolf and ram mounts and try to break the log jam. Ohh well, Blizzard won’t get everything right but I’m really glad that are bringing this and WSG out early.

Did you play the anniversary AV? It’s indistinguishable from the normal retail one. Literally no PvP at all; just a zerg rush to the boss.

1 Like

Blizz needs to give us the pre nerf version. Some of my best AV memories were going to bed… waking up and joining the same AV with some of the same people. Summoning the Lords and pushing the bosses.

The nerfed version was so garbage, how fun is it to leave your cave… ride your mount to cap GY’s, ride to the boss and win. There was no pvp. It was strictly a race to get the enemies boss down before they killed your boss.

I’m playing Classic for the OG experience that I’ve missed so much. Don’t rob from me what I came back for bc of the QQ babies that want their blue items fast.

So you are saying there is no reason not to use the anni version?

bump blizzard are massive fools

Well other than the reasons blizzard stated when the explained why they changed AV originally to improve the map to a version that was generally prefered.

So you are saying that you will still persist in trolling AV threads because you did not get your pet druid changes?

Are you going to persist in pretending that there weren’t legitimate reasons people disliked the original AV which is why is it was changed in the first place during vanilla?

1 Like

I’m saying they’re indistinguishable (at least in my experience) so it really doesn’t matter to me which one they use. Neither is actually a battleground; they’re just PvE events where you wave to the other faction as they ride past.

Just like there were “reasons” that the game overall became a steaming pile of :poop:, I will dismiss your asinine trolling that late vanilla AV was “better”. There is a laundry list of things that blizzard did because they thought they were making things “better”, yet those things led directly to the state of the game the vast majority have returned for classic. Repeating mistakes of the past is dumb, and your troll that it was an improvement to the game is just that: your troll gimmick.

I would point out that the capabilities of modern wow characters are vastly different than even late vanilla.