Is AV Zerg really the version blizzard is releasing!?

So I hopped on retail to try to get the new updated AV mount and I LOVED the old version of AV. Graveyards right off the road, troll elites in caves with rich thoriums, decent commanders you had to kill, MOBS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BATTLEFIELD!? I’ve never experienced this version and I was having SOO MUCH FUN!!! I’ve always loved AV and couldn’t wait to experience this in actual Classic.

BUT OF COURSE I’ve learned from guild mates and the word is their releasing the version where the tower officers next to the boss are not a concern and just zerging is going to be the meta.

For the love of God please tell me this isn’t true…

25 Likes

Has this been confirmed by the blues? I’m assuming that it will be this, but who knows maybe it’ll surprise all of us.

They did say its the 1.12 version of AV thats going to be released-expect the version with the reinforcements, no Korrak the bloodrager etc; this version of AV is designed for speed rather than the long but epic battles of old so I would expect that once the novelty of it wears off that people will just rush objectives/the final boss and end the game asap.

6 Likes

Yep, unsubscribed because of it. AV would’ve been my main activity outside of raidlogging, it gave the greatest sense of “war” in vanilla. But Blizz decided to use the 5 minute boss rush version made at the tail end of vanilla so people could get gear before BC. Brilliant move, truly the Classic™ experience.

25 Likes

The sad part is that i heard retail actually gets classic AV as an option.

Which makes i damn sense. Coupled with CRBGs get ready for the mass afk zErging that 1.12 bgs

v1.12 which is the nerfed version of Alterac Valley.

I am not pleased by this choice. They should bring it back to the original AV.

10 Likes

Meh, forget original AV. I want the pre-nerfed Hakkar when ZG comes out. Corrupted Blood plague for the win!

7 Likes

If enough people cry for the old AV blizz will release it. Give players a choice in wich version they want to que for.

5 Likes

i dont want long avs

4 Likes

I remember AV at the end of Classic and all of TBC requiring that you take the towers, because the adds destroyed you, it wasn’t until the 3.0 patch and you had decent tank gear that you could quickly zerg the last boss.

Maybe the people in my battlegroup didn’t figure it out but Stormstrike was a pretty good battle group.

2 Likes

The would be like giving players the choice of Naxx gear for running either MC or running Naxx. It needs to be the more complete AV.

1 Like

Wait…aren’t the forums sub only?

No we are not getting the version with reinforcements.

3 Likes

My sub runs out in 81 min.

1 Like

So you’re saying regardless of version all you care about from AV is gear?

I think he’s saying players would choose the quicker route to get gear, but that doesn’t mean it’s the route Blizz should take.

And if they offer both choices people who only want gear will get it and move on. Which they’re going to do regardless of version.

And offering both versions makes everyone happy. People who prefer 1.12 AV get it, people who want the older version get it.

1 Like

I’m glad it’s not the AV with land mines but cmon you’re going to release the zerg version, seriously? That’s lame af

2 Likes

they aren’t. we’re not getting reinforcements.

2 Likes

AV is the most boring thing in all of World of Warcraft. I really don’t care what they do with it.