Is anyone super invested in more diversity and inclusion in WoW?

Yeah that’s why while I understand where that argument comes from, it’s difficult to argue it when it’s so easily twisted based on which narrative someone supports. For any one person that says what Blizzard does is genuine, there will be another who says it’s part of some agenda, when both sides don’t have enough information to make any conclusions on that.

A lot of times the answer is that we really just don’t know what’s going to happen and whether things will turn out good or bad after the adoption of a new system/policy.

Diversity in wow? Like what having different green colors on the next orc war chief?
Making the new character trans? Making sure the new alien can be all different kinds of colours?

Honestly couldnt care less, however there game has been trash for years and the fact they are investing heavily into SJW stuff, instead of putting money into actually making the core game better is a pitty.

Core gameplay should trump everything else. Once they get that down, then they can look at other stuff. From what it sounds like blizzard culture is so toxic they are trying everything they can. My experience is that you just need to fire all of the management as its normally a problem at the management level.

3 Likes

Blizzard’s core gameplay is the best in the business. It’s Blizzard focus on inclusion and diversity now.

Yea they are only doing that because they are trying to make a reflection in there work as they do internally at there office. They will be super justice warrior for a long time until the culture has been changed and every view they dont want is weeded out.

I worked a company like this, everything it posted or talked about externally was super SJW and then inside the company they are all just hyper conservatives. Means nothing to me that blizz is like this. Honestly i think this is more of a american thing, we really dont have social issues like you guys have.

Big business in america keeping you all down by making you guys fight about literally pointless social stuff. While they steal everything from you

2 Likes

Unfortunately, large companies hire nut-job sjw’s to focus on things that are usually completely meaningless.
Look at Disney, Netflix and Twatter.

5 Likes

Companies only really care about money and culture (so they can continue paying people low and keep people working there for longer). If SJW stuff kills there stuff then they will change. Just look at what happened to Battlefield 5 as a example of toxic social justice warrior marketing and how they have recanted and payed for it. I say let companies burn down if they do this, battlefield 5 drama was funny to watch…

2 Likes

I bet those “nutjobs” are more skilled, educated and make more $$ in an hour than you in a single year. SJW is such a derogatory term used by conservatives who are stuck in their old ways.

All very successful businesses that have millions of active users. If I was a new business owner, I’d want to be just like them!

1 Like

I want diversity and a good game. It’s possible to get both.

2 Likes

same here. I’m okay playing with stick figures as long as the game is great.

It’s sort of happening already with Netflix’s recent statement about their employees not happy with the company’s content.

But they had to start losing tons of money before it happened. I say if a company is going to be that stupid let them burn.

3 Likes

I dont care about it. Just want a good game and not a checklist one.

5 Likes

If they work at blizzard then its highly unlikely they earn more money than anybody

1 Like

Netflix, twitter and disney can burn for all I care. I’m glad they’re failing.

3 Likes

I just canceled my sub for the last time.

Blizzard: you can’t have my money anymore.

I hope the company fails and they study blizzard in business school.

1 Like

Well yea.

While i think SJW stuff can be done correctly and diversity i think with netflix with the marketing around cuties it 100% showed that some of them are a bit weird.

Diversity and inclusion is actually good for the work place because you want people from different backgrounds\ that are different so you can build a diverse product and have different ideas. But when its forced down your throat in marketing or in game it can be painful (Battlefield v with the techno viking and the samurai chick fighting in world war 2).

If businesses cant strike a balance and they get employee some crazies then its on them.

In my opinion the dragon flight announcement failed and it seems like there is new marketing at blizzard, the whole round table thing was just so weird and fake. Blizzard honestly doesnt even feel like real people atm, just give it time maybe it might go back to being more authentic. At least ions interviews are authentic.

When I watch Bonanza reruns and there’s a warning about outdated depictions of society, all I can do is laugh. I find it amusing that Bonanza deserves a warning like a phorn vid.

At its time Bonanza WAS a ‘woke’ show tackling racial, gender, and even environmental issues. Whilst the rifleman show was just gunning down bad guys.

1 Like

I think as consumers we need to stop worrying about why characters appear they do. You will see more inclusion of different people and races in stories. The sooner you realize that actually reflects real life the sooner you realize it’s not always people checking boxes. It’s completely normal. The vary nature of writing is cultivating characters that people both relate to and dislike. Just like the real world. You may not always like a character but I assure you someone does.

1 Like

Is anyone super invested in more diversity and inclusion in WoW?

I am sure there are people who feel marginalized that are super invested.

I am for Diversity and Inclusion. Definitely not against it. I don’t see any reason to be against diversity and inclusivity. But it isn’t a huge deal for me. I have played Warcraft 3, before the MMO.

It was never World of Wokecraft to begin with. But I am not against it. If people want Playable Humans other than White European looking - like black or arab, or if people want Trans Characters and Trans dialogue options, I am fine with it.

I don’t get why people are against it.

2 Likes

Yea, because of the whole identity thing they made it so it was free to swap genders at will at the barbers so i am totally fine with more. Maybe we can have trans race soon too? Free race transfers at the barber shop?

I’m not against it tbh but what creams my corn is when a company does this when they get in trouble or get caught lacking diversity, then they do it to appease people to save their own skin.

It’s pandering and they’re only doing it because they got caught, not because they care. Diversity would have been added ages ago if they did truly care. That’s what CREAMS MY CORN!

They’re fake and it really shows.