Is 8.2 Content locked to War Campaign?

Hello all,

Sorry if this has been asked but I have looked and can not get a straight answer. Is the new 8.2 content like the zones / recipes locked to BFA War Campaign or will you just be able to log in and get the quest? Asking to see if I gotta run the story again on alts. Any info would be appreciated.

1 Like

I would imagine that it’s the same as it currently is. If you run it on one you don’t need to run it on your alts. I think that’s how it works.

I think Nazjatar is separate from the warcampaign.

The nonsense with baine is the warcampaign.

1 Like

But right now, I have to run the war Campaign on my alts or I don’t have access to some world quests or places. Did that change recently?

Probably not. I’ve only run the full campaign on this guy. I haven’t done it on any of my alts, but I was able to do other stuff on my alts. I’d put my money on you being right.

If I ever get around to leveling another alt, I’ll try skipping the War Campaign to see if anything changed.

Of course, that’d mean leveling in BfA again.

dies a little inside

1 Like

I’ve done 5 tons through BFA now, and each one was a little harder. The last one I barely finished and only got him to cap through timewalking. I’ve got a DID pally that I want to level, I just can’t do it right now.

1 Like

I have much respect. I can’t do it. lol

I’ve never had alts until this xpac. I think it’s partially burn out. I’ve done drustvar 4 times now

I’m an altoholic. Or… I was. Even with things I disliked about some of the expansions, I still enjoyed leveling through them on different characters.

Until Legion. I couldn’t do the same four zones over and over again. But they gave me Invasions and they gave me Dauntless and Relinquished gear. So then it was fun and I didn’t have to run the same four zones again.

And then BfA. Even less zones. And no Invasions nor vendor token gear. I can’t do it. :confused:

3 Likes

Yeah it’s weird. I like the BFA zones, but there’s something boring about leveling through them…more boring.

Right now I’ve stepped back from playing so much. I’m excited for 8.2 and I don’t wanna be burned out when it is released. So I’ve gone to the other not grindy noon rng blizzard game, D3 :wink: and some other games like stranded deep or subnautica.

I’ve gotten back into Old Republic a bit and I still dabble in Rift. I’m still playing BfA, but only a couple days a week, if that.

Glad you’re enjoying other things so as not to get burnt out. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I should try swtor again. I’ve only got the base game though.

1 Like

I sure in hell don’t want another Argus. Broken Shore was “okay” for alts. I think it took me around 3 hours to run through entire Argus on one alt and I had 50. It’s something I am not willing to do nowadays but back then at least you had a damn good motivation to do it(ie not 100g + 200g mission table reward)…

I have done 8 with 4 left that I won’t touch till flying. I like having one of each class but just could not push through it.

1 Like

Pretty sure the war campaign is what initially gets you to Nazjatar. Unsure at what point you have to be in the war campaign, since currently on live I’m all caught up and waiting for more content.

How much the war campaign will matter once you’re in the zone, is difficult to say. But I would presume the war campaign is still critical to progress in the zone, ultimately to the Eternal Palace.

I don’t believe Mechagon is tied to the war campaign. It seems to exist separately with its own reputation(s) and achievements. The only link between the two zones seems to be the Pathfinder.

OK cool thanks all for replying.

On PTR, I was able to start the Horde Nazjatar questing without having done any war campaign (I copied over an Alliance character and faction changed, so literally nothing was done Horde side). The Baine quest wasn’t available to this toon. I’d assume this is how it will work when live.

1 Like

I would assume you can still get to the zone. But the story parts will probs be blocked. Mechagon doesn’t have any requirements on the other hand.

I understand. Managed to level my hunter to max and got Juju to 116 before I just said “No more”.

1 Like