Ion - " alts will be better "

Yeah. Why do I have to do a campaign over and over everytime I want to play a new character. There is no new experience to be had here. It’s not FUN.

The catchup is GARBAGE. It did almost nothing.

1 Like

Well, remember, Ion also has said he personally is against people having alts that they do not play the same way they play their main. He does not approve of people having alts as a sort of feeder machine for their main — potions, flasks, enchants, gear, etc.

And as we all know, Ion is the final arbiter of how we must all play the game…

This is a good example. If he insists on these systems he needs to make them more interesting.

1 Like

The lesson they seemed to have taken from classic is 1 build class is what we want. IMO, the actual thing from classic that I want is for the open world to actually have a chance of killing you while leveling without you having to wonder into an elite area.

1 Like

Nope, next.

-Ion

That’s how our lead dev deals with our concerns.

1 Like

WHen he said “Alts will be better” he probably meant his alts and we all know he doesn’t play alts

Hey Celebrate!

I made a thread for you to Celebrate Celebration thread but people are so jealous of you that they reported the OP thread.

Just so you know you are appreciated :+1::slightly_smiling_face:.

Just so you know that you are so great they get jealous of, both Alans and the Hords.

2 Likes

Went from maintaining 5 characters in BFA to 1 in Shadowlands. Renown in 9.0 and 9.1 was already an issue, your legendaries which were mega delayed because of how long it took to farm soul ash/cinders, the amount of gold required for legendaries across multiple characters, then in 9.1 one of the worst systems ever made aka Dom shards was added.

Domination Shards are the biggest joke of this expansion without a doubt. 2 1/2 months of full clearing heroic every week for embers just to upgrade your shards to rank 5 and that’s assuming you even got them to drop before they gigabuffed the drop rate. By the time this character even got all of its frost gems and the gear to put them in I had enough embers to get them to rank 5 before I even had a bonus which was a 2.4k dps increase. Absolutely disgusting system.

ty is nise make me fel good

1 Like

The ONLY way alts are going to be better is if they make everything but gear account wide or adopt the FF (and many other MMO games) way of doing things, 1 character that can swap to any number of specs.

Alts are never going to be good because you are always going to need to farm currency and rep across characters (and things like dom shards) and no matter how you look at it that hurts any alt progress.

The bonus objectives are worth it now but you still struggle to reach 57/58 even with WM on.

Who’s smarter Elon Musk or Ion?

I would say Ion because he’s so smart.

When most people talk about “alt friendliness” they usually aren’t talking about the leveling experience.

Even at its worst (launch), leveling is usually a 5-7 hour affair and then its done. At its best, you get a 10-20% decrease in that time based on xp nerfs or heirloom buffs (when that was a thing), etc.

It’s everything that happens at cap to make your toon “raid ready”, “pvp ready”, etc. that is the problem. Those grinds can take weeks to months (or all xpac).

2 Likes

Ion being lead is what is causing so many issues. Keep him on as raid design, but he is not a leader.

4 Likes

Only way to make alts better is to make more stuff account wide. The only thing we should have to farm on a new character should be gear

Reps should be acc wide (or a lot faster to farm).
Currencies should be acc wide.

2 Likes

WQs still suck, because the rewards are still tied to ilvl…
I am currently leveling alts… when I get one to 60, it’s a trip straight to the AH, buy up alot of 200 ivl blues… plus a 230 neck… gets me around 190 overall ilvl, because I still need a weapon and trinkets.
WQs are useless, when they’re offering 168s… nope, not doing WQs… just straight to Korthia, doing the daily, log the next alt.

I quit fighting the system… we’re meant to play an hour daily… that’s the metric WoW is targetted for.
It’s built for Raid logging…

2 Likes

In BfA WQ gear rewards were tied to your ilvl. in SL they are tied to your renown.

No changes there, this is still a thing in SL. You would know this by leveling an alt.

What are you talking about? I’ve geared and gotten alts ready for M+ in just a few days. So have guildies. Heck, I’m working on bringing my warlock up, in one 2 hour session I went from 51 to 54 and from zero renown to 51. Just doing world quests and bonus objectives.

Now if you’re trying to set up multiple mains, then that’s an issue.
But as for ACTUAL alts it’s been one of the greatest.

Why do you guys restrict yourselves to just the previous xpac? Wow isn’t the previous xpac it is its entire history.

And how have you come to this conclusion?