Ion - " alts will be better "

Shadowlands - Worst expansion for alts to date.

Can we get a game director that knows how to lead / knows what he is doing?..OR are we going to wait for the total collapse of the IP ?

Honestly don’t understand how he is still the director, He MUST be related to someone higher up.

137 Likes

hey bro it was opposite day at blizzard when he said that. our fault for not catching on.

11 Likes

This is actually the first expansion i have ever played where i have zero alts leveled to cap, just my main and that’s it. The thought of doing all of the compulsory stuff all over again makes me :nauseated_face:

78 Likes

this made me lol

4 Likes

Problem is, he is a raider, therefore he only understands raiding. Only reason I can think of that Mythic+ is getting the attention it does is for the eSports stuff. He should be put back in charge of raid design and Blizz needs to stop with the idea of a sole game director. They need a group at the top, each one that understands the all the different types of players play, give them each the same size teams, and let them make content for their given area of the game.

61 Likes

alt is goodjob if u do alot lfr dont do more then it bc u gonna do a cry and poo alot !

5 Likes

I have the same feeling, but lvled 3 alts for professions, since some recipes are only available on 60. My first alt i tried ToF, oh boy, what a mistake… I thought that the main campaign was bad, but ToF got me wanting to delete all chars and uninstall the game. I have 10 more alts at 50, and i’m thinking what to do to level them if i play the next xpac, cause i don’t want to do SL leveling anymore.

1 Like

This is how it already works. Each of those teams has a lead that is in charge of passing ideas and designs up the chain. The problem is the fact they simply don’t have the right people coming up with these designs.

Replacing Ion and only Ion is not a miracle fix. They need some fresh blood at all levels with different ideas. Much harder to come by given the PR s-storm swirling around them.

4 Likes

I mean… that depends.

Early Legion was pretty awful. Early BFA was equally terrible. Early SL has was probably less painful than those other 2.

9.1.5 is < 8.0 pre-patch, that much I would say.

Still though so long as Blizzard keeps adding retention mechanics for mains, then alts will continue to suffer.

There is no getting around the AP grind/legendary grind, then AP grind a second time, then a Renown grind+soul ash grind, now a shard of domination + soul ash + mini renown.

Let us just play the game. Knock if off with the weekly chore non-sense, especially chores that require you to login every week less you fall behind.

13 Likes

If someone reaches exalted with a reputation on one character, there is no logical reason to have a player do that same grind again on an alt. That sort of design would be fine a decade+ ago, but not by today’s standards, and it’s one of many contributing factors to WoW’s decline. People want a game that respects their time.

38 Likes

this push to skip steps along the path of developing a toon is why we run out of content.

the MMORPG genre is about the journey not the destination.

6 Likes

i think it’s better than BFA was.

i don’t know how people are having so much trouble. this char is 241 ilvl and 2/10M. my shaman is 251 and 2350 io. i’ve also got a DH, mistweaver, and holy paladin and they all get at least some play time. 3 are at renown 80 with at least one covenant. i know that’s not super impressive, but it’s hardly impossible to play alts either.

do they not count because i don’t have full 252 conduits, rank 5 dom shards, and gem sockets on all of them?

1 Like

Did you use the bonus objectives that had a horrible return/time invested? If you just did side quests in the zone it was way better. (And now the bonus objectives have been fixed so it’s even better)

3 Likes

In Skyrim, it’s a journey. In Final Fantasy, it’s a journey. In AC, it’s a journey. Here, it’s a chore.

21 Likes

Skyrim is not an MMORPG.

my guess is AC is not Asheron’s Call so I don’t know which AC you’re talking about.

1 Like

Part of the problem with that though, is Blizz seems more focused on the destination and has for a long time. You would have to get Blizz to change their philosophy and go back to making it about the journey.

5 Likes

Assassins Creed :slight_smile: newer ones are definitely MMORPG vibes. Or at least RPG vibes.

is it even multiplayer at all?

There are online PvP settings, yeh. But only in older games. In the newer games, the multiplayer aspect is creating and trading mercenaries with other online players.

1 Like

that’s as “MMORPG” as the snake game on my Nokia…