Ion - " alts will be better "

most players dont reach level cap. their strengths are not endgame.

there was no catchup for alts. the idea was: cut off progression for mains in a week so that players could knock it out and jump on their alts to do it over again. they wanted us to do the same stuff over and over each week on all our toons.

soul ash catch up didnt exist at all. renown catchup was an rng mess. conduits and leggos on world boss rotations lol. i mean, come on man. thats not catchup mechanics. thats just locking progression so people wouldnt become overwhelmed.

blizzard did the gradual progressive content release in quel’danas and again in firelands. the inching storyiline is basically the singleplayer version of the AQ war effort.

i did not know this about most players not reaching level cap. thats interesting. then idk wth blizzard is doing. the questing doesnt make sense. leveling is super easy and brain dead.

are you saying most players just kinda mess around and go transmog hunting below max leveling or something?

2 Likes

i cant find any good source that tracks all achievement stats.

it might not be true anymore.

And that’s the problem. It’s still tedious. Why has it to be?
Just open it up, let people have fun and go wild. The EXP-increase should be additive based on how many characters and achievement points you have earned through the years. The end goal is to enjoy a game, not working for it.

5 Likes

Also players: “Every current expansion - Worst expansion for alts to date.”

4 Likes

I’m in the same boat. I’ve played all the expansions this one is by far the worst leveling experience I’ve ever encountered.

If I ever buy another expansion it’s going to be probably about a year after the release date and when it goes on sale.

1 Like

Game is made for ppl who raid log like he does.

Oh and selling carries for gold.

7 Likes

Ever since ion became director, YEAH thats pretty true actually.

2 Likes

Very alt unfriendly for sure. Too many grinds to keep up with for alts. This expansion isn’t worse than BFA though, even with how many grindy chorey systems there are.

So you’re saying BfA and SL were the only expansions that people made this claim in? Those were the only 2 expansions that have been released that he was game director during the development process.

The problem, I think, is how you quantify his statement. Alts could be better depending on what exactly he meant.

yeah that explains why hardcore raiders are all so happy with the game currently

oh wait

I think they just have a thing for ‘seniority’ and is probably a yes man for corporate. So they keep 'em around. Unfortunately the game would have to be completeeeeeeeely dead for them to act on a new Director.

It hasn’t been true since BC or Wrath

Shadowlands is far better than legion- BFA alt wise.

which stats did you use when you made this claim?
link source.

Stop making me redo the covenant campaign. Once I’ve reached 80 renown on one, I should not have to do any campaign again.

Let me buy 239 conduits with anima.

Legendary powers should be dropping from SoD now. Not year old content that I have to sit in an hour long que for (lmfao this game is so garbage).

I should be able to target which gear slot I want from the Valorous Equipment Chest.

Soul Cinders should be account wide.

Once again, your game is trash Blizzard.

6 Likes

Where are yours? You made the claim first. Mine comes from personal experience. Can you name a single person who plays that has never reached max level?