Introducing Two New Events: Xy’mox’s Charity Cache and Solo Shuffle Showdown!

This in a strange and confusing concept!

Events would need to be made significantly more complex/difficult to reward mythic level gear tho. Throw 4 affixes into SM Graveyward with Headless Horseman at the end, and maybe that’s worth mythic gear.

But at that point, the spirit of the “fun holiday events” is gone and we’re back to the M+ concept which so many seem to abhor.

:point_down:

Xy’mox is literally a villain we are supposed to kill. Why is he being depicted as a charitable fellow. Use a different character.

I thought we were getting new events. guess not.

3 Likes

I disagree. I feel like 1-2 slots per holiday has no negative impact on anyone and will have a positive impact on people trying to push for their next milestones. At least it wouldnt be like Titanforging and be year round with LFR gear randomly going to mythic ilvl. That was awkward.

This would actually be kinda cool imo depending on the affixes. M+ affixes are stale

Yeah.

This game is sadly not allowed to have “hard” holiday content, because holiday content is viewed as “for the casuals”. And since it’s for the casuals, that by definition means it can’t be that rewarding, and since it isn’t rewarding, not many people care to do it.

Another game I used to play have multiple tiers of holiday events, that would range from “for every” up to actual hard holiday themed content, although that game had more evergreen-like systems so it kind of made sense for there to be hard content that would come back from time to time. It would be cool if WoW was that way, but it isn’t.

They’re liberating his goods I guess, I dunno.

I’m not sure why Blizzard does this.

SWTOR has solo quests, group quests and raid (operation) quests for their holidays. Blizzard should take a page.

I don’t recall me or my guildies being invited.

10 Likes

I can barely get myself to care about playing let alone watching other people play…

5 Likes

I’m not interested in watching others play WoW…ever.

Don’t have any cause watching people play a game I can play myself is boring. I’d rathter just log on wow and do something. I don’t even know the names of he world first raiders, that’s how little most of us care.

4 Likes

I’d guess because every time Blizzard does anything that doesn’t give away rewards for free, casuals whine.

Heck, look at the whining about Slime Cat, lol. It’s kind of crazy.

The whining behind the slime cat had more to it but I get your point.

Is SWTOR still any fun? I haven’t played it in a while. I know there was a combat revamp a few months back. But not heard much after that.

Ion: “We’ve learned our lesson and will no longer cater to the RWF guilds.”

Blizzard: “Let’s totally keep catering to the RWF guilds.”

2 Likes

I personally don’t care about slime cat, especially after seeing how teensy it is in-game, but I will say that no one was expecting it to just be handed out. People were willing to do all 3 raids on LFR to full completion. And it wasn’t even really the fact that it could only be gotten on normal and above that made everyone mad, it was that it was originally datamined to be available on every difficulty, and then it was changed to only be normal and above.

So you had a whole community full of casuals that were amped up to get a new mount, only to find out that if they want to get it, they need to pug or suddenly make 9 friends. It just felt like a slap in the face, considering how the mount that we all came together and voiced our opinions on WAS given out for free to literally everyone. Now they were suddenly gate keeping a mount that many people preferred over the tree we got.

2 Likes

Eh it’s hard for me to recommend SWTOR.

Do I think it’s fun? Absolutely and my dailies actually rewards me something (decorations.)

But the game is old and the devs aren’t johnny on the spot like Blizzard’s devs. There’s a big store but it doesn’t sell player power.

My advice is to try it if you like the universe.

???

My dude, you say you think raid guilds should do their own race on their own tournament realm, and then you whine when Blizzard puts a race for them on their own tournament realm? What are you doing??? This is literally what you claim you want. Instead of Blizzard forcing double Fated affixes onto live servers, they’ve put it on its own server as its own little event.

LFR is free my dude.

I think streams of circle jerks are banned on Twitch.

4 Likes

First yellow post being a Blizzard white-knight is a bad look–especially a community that was put in place to be critical of Blizzard, not be their echo chamber.

Additionally, your prompt is invalid as people arent debating what people are willing to watch streamed but, rather, want Blizzard to put their effort into game content.

7 Likes