[Into the Dunes] Quest isn't working properly

I’m pretty sure more people are annoyed by this bug because it literally makes it impossible to unlock 2 playable races rather than it hinders their leveling. I’m a returning player who’s been working to unlock the allied races for Horde but I guess that’s gonna be put on indefinite hold.

1 Like

This quest is necessary to complete an achievement to unlock 2 races. Is not a simple bug. Furthermore the problem has existed for 3 years.

1 Like

If so, then it affects a small minority of players as I have both races playable on my account, and just recently did the Into the Dunes quest, as within the past month, on a new character.

First, quit moving the goal posts and white knighting. It only makes you look ludicrous. Second. being unable to unlock two races is a game breaking bug. Third, one would expect a multibillion-dollar company to have QA so things like this don’t make it live. Again, quit white knighting.

And last,

Patch 9.2.5 broke the quest, which was a little over a week ago. So grats on doing the quest before the patch and then posting about it in some weird attempt to defend Blizzard. Now you really look foolish.

5 Likes

Really? People were stating that the quest has been broken for 3 years, not just one week. My statement was saying that, though it might appear to be the same bug that was affecting the quest for some over the past 3 years, that it was a new bug that broke it in 9.2.5.

Still waiting on mine from 2 days ago

It was bugged yes but there existed workarounds ingame that players could do to fix it for themselves. 9.2.5 completely broke the quest so there is nothing the player can do but post here and submit tickets. So yes you were wrong and acting smug about it like the poster said lol.

Still is not working… now it discconects after cut scene ends instead of porting back to Armory

Quest is still broken, tried to start it and the cutscene plays then the characters are just stuck in midair and I’m kicked to the connect screen.

Woo-HOOO!! Looks like the problem has been fixed. Thank you, programmers! For awhile I hated you, but now I love you. :slight_smile:

Still not working

Did they fix it yet? GM’s where are you with announcements?

Would like to unlock the vulpera race eventually x.x

Nope, still not working.

Also not working for me. Sometimes the cutscene plays twice before I get stuck in the air for several minutes before the teleport. :melting_face:

1 Like

Can confirm the hotfix issued earlier for into the dunes is not working for me either still stuck on this quest with the same reported cutscene loop then teleport back to zuldazar/quest giver. Maybe it has not been rolled out to all realms or they need to relook this over. As someone looking to get back into wow this is super frustrating & I really hope the this gets patched ASAP…

1 Like

Can confirm after teleporting to another zone then reloading back in to try the quest again it did not work. My guildmate and I finished Nazmir today and we are waiting on the bug to be fixed. It should be a simple fix because I am pretty sure there a file error somewhere.

2 Likes

I submitted a ticket but apparently the ticket does not exist. Did it twice and still no ticket pending.

1 Like

Still broken…

Last time I tried to do this quest was on 2022/06/10, at 11:12 a.m. (EST):

1. My character and NPCs jump on Pterrordax in The Royal Armory (Dazar’alor);
  2. Automatic flight to The Brine Basin, in Vol’dun;
  3. When we reach our destination, I get a cutscene;
  4. After the cutscene, I get a loading screen (for a second or two);
  5. My character and NPCs are still flying on the Pterrordax, above The Brine Basin;
  6. After 10 to 15 seconds, the loading screen pops up again (for a second or two);
  7. I am ported back to Dazar’alor, at the exact location I was when I jumped on the Pterrordax (see step 1).

This can be looped infinitely.

3 Likes

Wow! I opened a ticket and within a few hours, I got a reply from Blizz saying they were aware of the issue. Blizz marked the quest as completed on my character and I was able to turn it in!

Thanks Blizz!