[Into the Dunes] Quest isn't working properly

I encounter this bug too. I couldn’t do the log out trick right now to lag every time I enter Vol’dun. I did try the exit trick and that only put me near Akunda’s (I think that’s the loa’s name) place with the quest not being complete. I’m going to try and run to where the cave is and see if that does something.

edit: going to the cave didn’t do anything.

This didn’t work for me because my logout kept getting canceled, however, I was able to alt-f4 as soon as the cutscene started and i logged back into the cave.

This also worked for me. We shouldn’t have to do this is order to continue the quest but least it gets us there. Thanks Nomisc

OK if your having a had time timing the logout. There is a fool proof way. As a earlier poster posted. Wait for the cut scene. Just as soon as it starts use alt and f4 at once. I stayed logged out for a couple minutes just in case and bam it worked. Make sure you let the cut scene to start then do it asap.

I did the Alt+F4 at the beginning of the quest and when i got back on it took me to where i was supposed to go. This is crazy that we have to figure out the bugs or how to bypass them versus Blizzard messaging us. I have been waiting and forced to play with other toons because I was literally stuck. Thanks again for sharing how to do it.

Thank you, this worked for me!

I too am having this problem, removed all addons, reloaded, still re-spawn at the great seal.

Issue seems to be back after the latest update.

10 Likes

Im getting the issue too. The logout and alt-f4 methods dont seem to be working for me either

8 Likes

3 years later, I guess the update brought this bug back. My friends and family unable to unlock their Zandalari now. Blizzard, please address this bug ASAP.

5 Likes

Into the Dunes quest (47315) is bugged & resets me to the start position after the cutscene. People on the forums have been reporting this since 8.1.5. I disabled all of my addons & it didn’t help.

3 Likes

i have the same problem. I have tried with different solutions (including use F4 when the cinematic starts) but the problem continue.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue and none of the logout tips are working for me.

5 Likes

Same issue today, you think after what… 3 years this would have been fixed.
I’ve tried all the different logoff tips and so far no luck. Place a ticket.

5 Likes

Same issue for me. Apparently I can’t start the Vol’dun quest chain to unlock Zandalari Trolls. The old Alt-F4 trick also doesn’t appear to work. Congrats, devs. You broke it harder.

5 Likes

Same issue here. After trying to get it to work for 30 minutes using different workarounds I gave up.

4 Likes

Same issue here. Tried all the workarounds with no success.

3 Likes

I am also having this same issue!
Same type of thing.
Cutscene ends, then I am stuck flying in place until teleported back to the quest start before the cutscene.
Endless looping of this, can’t get past it!

It is “Into the Dunes” quest, the beginnings of the Vol’dun quest line in Zandalar.
None of the Alt-F4, or logout work arounds are working for me.

3 Likes

same problem. keeps teleporting me, alt-f4 at the beginning and end of the cutscene and right when you zone to vol’dun not working either. also tried disabling addons, abandoning quest, nada. opened a ticket, so we’ll see

4 Likes

I hve the same problem, I can’t get into Vol’dun. Did all the cut-scene ending, relogging, add-ons disabling, drop quest, etc. etc. Doesn’t work.
Can’t get into Vol’dun now, I need this rep for Nazjatar and N’zoth progression… totally stuck in the game now.
Please fix this blizzard.

3 Likes