[Into the Dunes] Quest isn't working properly

What I wrote yesterday works for Lighthealer but today I cant get the quest to be opdated for charakter Zirunna, she is stuck in this opening quest for Voldun,
The quest have two, 1/1 Pterrordax mounted (complete) but the next one 0/1 Fly into Voldun, dont opdate at all.

1 Like

Same issue here. When the cut scene ends, I’m transported back to the start point. Tried restarting computer with no luck.

1 Like

Going to the cave where the fox rescues you (65,36) didn’t help. I recognize the cave from doing it just a few days prior on other characters, but no cage, no fox this time, not phased in.

When teleported back to pyramid you have to wait 45 seconds to undaze, ugh.

EDIT: I’d like to add that I did this quest just fine on Monday (May 20) for 3 chars, but couldn’t at all on 2 chars on Tuesday (May 21). THE TUESDAY PATCH BROKE IT, and possibly the alliance equestrian quest “show them what you got”

This bug is game-breaking and stopped my progression yesterday after the patch. I fly into voldun get shot down and am immediately ported back to the starting area. Need this to get fixed.

2 Likes

Right when you click to escape the cutscene, type something in general chat. You still get kicked back to the start but the quest completes. This was told to me when I submitted my ticket and it worked.

1 Like

Same Issue to me and I’ve submitted ticket for an hour but no one respond me

Thanks , It worked.

Typing in general chat didn’t work for me, that’s what Blizzard told me as well. It could be timing, maybe 2 seconds, or 4 seconds , or 8, who knows.

Also, say it does complete it. Does the next quest where the fox rescues you from the cage start up?

EDIT: OK, cancelling the cut scene then pressing alt-f4 (closes app) then re-logging does work. You are in the cage, though you missed the part where the fox opens the cage door for you, but the fox (nisha) is there with the yellow question mark over her head allowing you to complete and get the next quest.

1 Like

I keep type in general chat before start the cutscene.
I think the best timeing is in 1-2sec before.
After the quest complete, you need fly to the cave by yourself.
The fox will wait you in there

Yes it worked , thanks

Just force exit the game once you’ve entered Vol’dun. I was having the same issue on my alt. Exited the game client via right clicking icon on windows task bar, select close window, but wait until you’re in Vol’dun. The cutscene hadn’t even started yet. I waited a few seconds before opening the game and logging back in, but when I did my character was in the cage (already opened) and Nisha was in front of him with the question mark over her head. Turned in quest and kept rolling. I did submit a bug report. Anyways, that’s what worked for me. Good luck everyone!

Exiting the game while in Vol’Dun seems better than typing in chat as it places you in the cage, you don’t need to taxi then ride to the cage. Alt-f4 seems easier than dealing with the task manager.

I did everything, alt f4 before and after voldun, before, during and after cinematic… wait, relog nothing happens, quest stuck at start.

im having this issue as well on my troll shaman on zuljin server named Alvita…hopefully the ticket i submitted will help resolve the issue

5 Likes

yeah talk about BS a bug that is over 3 years old. i am stuck as well

2 Likes

Good lord, Blizzard. Get your stuff together.

Also affected. Also of note: I can’t seem to logout while in Vol’dun. Neither using the button nor /logout have an effect.

wtaf

2 Likes

After maintenance, this quest is still bugged. Cannot complete. Abandon/re-accept quest doesn’t work.

2 Likes

I tried walking into Vol’dun from Nazmir and it is possible to turn in the quest if you follow the quest prompt on the mini-map. You will have to clear a bunch of mobs to get to the cave, but at least this way you can unlock the quest chain without waiting for Blizz to get its act together.

cave is empty for me

Maybe you have to do the cut-scene flight at least once? The vulpera NPC for the quest turn in was there when I went to the cave.