Intel-AMD collaboration GPUs detected as out of date

Advised by technical support to leave this as feedback here so that it is visible to others experiencing the same issue.

As a part of collaborative efforts between AMD and Intel in 2018 and 2019, a line-up of CPU and GPU were created and housed together.

The GPU offerings are:

• RX Vega M GL Graphics
  • RX Vega M GH Graphics

These are detected as out of date even if you have the latest drivers from the website.

As with any joint project… sometimes these are left to the side and this looked to have happened with these two GPU. Officially supported by Intel, the last working drivers released for them were on the 18th December 2018 (this will appear as the one in January 2019 but the driver is actually from the month before).

You’ll find installing the Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers listed on the product page, only updates the inbuilt CPU display driver.

I’ve tested everything else:

• Whole set of software listed on the page, as well as both the Intel and AMD (just incase) auto detect tool.

• Re-installing World of Warcraft

• Tested running WoW through DirectX11 as advised by support to see if it would help.

Not a big deal as the game still runs fine, but expect that notification to come up, until Intel decides to update the driver.

Issue resolved:

Intel has released new documentation 10 days ago advising that AMD will support the cards.

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28600/eng/NUC8i7HxK-GFX-Driver-Installation-Instructions.pdf

Pretty great news as for nearly 6 months users were without an AMD driver that worked and with a 1 year old Intel driver that WoW was detecting as out of date.

For future players the pdf linked above is no longer available. I instead just installed Adrenaline 20.2.2. Not sure if newer version of Adrenaline work or not yet.