Thanks for treating me like comcast!

I had to replace my video card it was a dinosaur but a tank ,but oh the graphics i missed. :astonished:

1 Like

Blizzard always gives out these warnings.
And I play World of Warcraft just fine despite the fact Blizzard doesn’t support my card.

1 Like

Can’t bypass it the launcher opens up fine but when I click launch it pops up that error and wont open the game at all.

When you click okay, it should launch the game anyways.

Oh side note
I did install the beta last night so maybe it will happen when Shadowlands releases to everyone that has an older card.

It’s just a warning. You can still load.

I was stuck in the same boat with the GPU that Intel gave up on supporting.

(Intel was providing the GPU updates to the computer they made with collaboration with AMD - the Intel Hades NUC, it was discontinued end of 2018 and Intel stopped providing updates. In February of this year they finally released a statement saying it’s now supported by AMD finally. Intel-AMD collaboration GPUs detected as out of date )

1 Like

Did you try updating your GPU’s drivers to see if that fixes it. Also just because it is not supported doesn’t mean it wont work.

Yeah, if you’re trying to get onto beta that’s probably why you didn’t get warned. support notices usually go out when prepatch is about to hit.

I was not trying to launch beta but retail the dame thing I played yesterday, I have upgraded drivers and I have recived the msg about the card is no longer supported before but it was ingame, This shuts the game down and now I get the error outside wow and it will never launch.

Thanks for all the concern guys and trying to help me figure this out but I am gonna go knock back a few beers.

Ya’ll have a good one and take care!

Beta probably installed something and is causing the problem.

Yeah,but i’m sure blizzard tech would be better to find out what went wrong could be anything.

Thing is, depending on how old your card is, Blizz might not have had much of a choice. There’s a window of cards that are supported at any given time that slowly moves forward, because in order to remain relevant the game has to be adjusted to be compatible with and fully utilize newer hardware. If support for old cards is never dropped, the engineering burden becomes high and hard to justify.

GPUs in particular are susceptible to this because relatively speaking, they’ve been advancing at a greater pace than CPUs have in the past decade.

Over react much? Good lordman chill. Update your drivers.

You can run wow on surprisingly old hardware. I have a 2007 laptop that gets a graphics card not supported warning…guess what it still plays wow …can not do raids or dungeons and bfa will drag it to 18 to 22 fps…but i still quest fine.

Heh yeah, it’s not pretty but I can get WoW to run playable on a 2012 Mac mini with Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics. That’s an incredibly low bar.

Had an old amd redoen Hd 4870 with mine It run good til last month when the game just started blanking out 2008 card so i got my money out of it.

i get the same popup on my older laptop, a dell m1730 with a gt8700m using win7. it will still run WoW, but it takes almost 3 minutes before i can move my toon at <20 fps. when that laptop ran Vista, the wow.exe file won’t allow the game to even load up at all.

So which cardboard stock do you use for your video card?

have you played on same pc since 2004 or something?

2 Likes

Update your drivers, if not I would try to buy yourself an upgrade.

I’m currently unable to update my Nvidia card. It, the newest one, loads the game with like 3 FPS and then crashes with a not enough RAM error.

Running on 2 month old version that is stable.