Instance layering exploit

If anyone wants video evidence of it working:
https://www.twitch.tv/skarmtank/clip/CorrectNeighborlyAnteaterAliens

4 Likes

Cmon guys blizzard is only a 19 billion dollars company am sure they would of knew lol lol lol that Blizzard entertainment for you GG layers

Blizzard: You guys want layering, right?
Literally everyone: No. We want as authentic Vanilla experience as possible.
Blizzard: Alright, we’ll be executing a layering system for you guys! Thanks for the feedback!
Literally everyone:

2 Likes

Holy crap blizzard is incompetent.

And people think this joke of a company have the ability to make classic + without screwing it up.

Gold farmers doing this in zf and beyond. Wonder how much gold they have. Also a 10 man group of 60s resetting sm cath and the boss aggros eveyone for mass aoe gold lol.

So… if anyone was asking for more proofs of it
https ://clips .twitch. tv/CorrectNeighborlyAnteaterAliens

If true, and based on the video links floating around I have no reason to believe it isn’t true, this has to be a perma ban and a fairly public one. The general playerbase is going to be extremely put off if it isn’t made clear how these people will be punished (all the people who abused it) and how their gains will be removed from the game.

However, I know Blizzard and I’m expecting “we are monitoring the situation and don’t believe everything you see online. A few players have been muted for 3 days for unrelated bug abuse.”

2 Likes

It’s hard to fathom how clueless blizzard is

2 Likes

Esfand exploiting raiding layers, no ban. Looks like we’re in the clear, boys!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/479284719?t=03h54m03s

Sounds like Asmon also exploited it in instances today. We should be fine. No way Blizz will ban their streamer core lol

6 Likes

Well, they are all pretty old. This isn’t a bunch of 20 and 30 something’s anymore.

It’s a bunch of gray beards.

Blizz may as well just wipe all servers and start fresh with NO LAYERING and other dumb mechanics. so many guilds/people now have bank alts stock piled with loot/gold from exploiting. economies are screwed all over the place. Streamers live exploiting layering all over the place, people at 60 and decked out in full [currently attainable] BiS within a week. such a joke. its pretty obvious layering abuse is way more then the lies blizz is saying that barely anybody is abusing it. Start PERMA banning any accounts linked to abuses pretty much all of them knew they were exploiting.

1 Like

imagine implementing layering because you are too cheap to add more servers and just merge the dead ones a month or 2 in

2 Likes

It doesn’t seem like a fun way to play the game. Though, in some weird ways, it reduces my enthusiasm for the game by a fair amount.

“Not really. If I was doing QA on layering I would test it everywhere. Its honestly just more incompetency coming from blizzard.”

Ding ding ding ding we have a winner!

Also for those wondering what will happen to the folks abusing this, LOL to that. Blizzard has not done a single thing to any exploiter at all and don’t count on them to begin now. The people who gained level 60 by exploiting the earlier raid xp bug were never penalized for it and neither were the Ragnaros rep farmers who also exploited.

2 Likes

Ragnaros rep farmers? You are aware you can farm Hydraxian rep in multiple places and not just the raid, right?

IKR?

A group of nerds living in their mom’s basement in a poor Eastern European country are still running rings around this billion dollar company.

They were farming the elementals in Silithus and layer hopping non stop - which was exploiting the system.

I never exploited and i have a high level character now, why punish the folks who never exploited? They should ban the exploiters at worst or at least take away 10 to 15 levels from the raid xp exploiters and remove any items they have above their new character level. The ones exploiting the dungeon layering should be outright banned however.

Blizz I see you flagged my post and removed the steps to reproduce from it.

Does this mean I need to report it elsewhere or are you fixing it? xD

2 Likes

They’re removing how to recreate the steps all from their forums. Which must mean either they dont have a fix or are still working on a fix or they dont see the need to fix. We always have Reddit and Discord. It’s all over those threads.

World chat was just complaining about it on Skeram.